Sign in to follow this  
STAN

OTBC 3,2,1.. Boycott?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

But why do so many people do it? Nobody yet has come on this thread and admitted to taking part in the orchestrated otbc. Well except me[:$] It does sound like more than a solo to me though....

[/quote]

They all sing it Nigel, I certainly do, I do find the build up cringeworthy, why the guy has to go round mentioning all the stands and of course the Snake Pit is beyond me but it is the one occasion when everyone joins in , well they do around me anyway. It''s no different to blowing bubbles at West Ham, it''s our anthem and we should be proud of it!

Brilliant thef! We''re a duet now. Perhaps we could be this boards answer to Flanagan and Allen.

[8] Underneath the arches....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Brilliant thef! We''re a duet now. Perhaps we could be this boards answer to Flanagan and Allen.

[8] Underneath the arches....

[/quote]

Not sure I''m ready for the Crazy Gang yet, but there''s a few on here who fit the bill!

"It''s no different to blowing bubbles at West Ham, it''s our anthem and we should be proud of it!"

It is totally different to what happens at West Ham, there it is sung, Here we have a mass squawk that sounds like nothing more than a few thousand cuckoo clocks with tourette''s syndrom.

''god save the queen'' is the countrys national anthem. It is sung, on special or relevant occassions, not shrieked as if it is a race.

Have you never heard the Last Post being played, and if you have been there when it is being played for a comrade or family member you will now the intense ''goose bump'' effect it can have ? Something that is not going to happen were you to play it at three times the speed on a tinny 1980''s stylophone.  That''s what we have with this ar se achingly embarrassing moment of mass stupidity. More so when it is choreographed as if we were still at Butlins in the 1950''s.

'' kick it out

throw it away

have a little singing ''

I''ll admit it''s pretty cringeworthy, but i do join in.

Which brings me to the crux of the issue.

This 2,000 person squawk as it''s been so aptly described on here, could be a 25,000 chorus of intimidating noise IF all of the people on here and at the ground with the "We''re too good to join in with this" opinion, actually joined the FUCK in.

Just my observation, of course.

I love the 3,2,1! I feel it would be so much better if , the whole ground joined in to the 3.2.1 and turned to the person next to them and smiled while chanting it. what a sight that would be.

Haha only joking, I dont mind it though maybe it intimidates the opposition players while there in the tunnel or changing rooms, or it gets the crowd going?

[quote user="DeanCourts"]Haha only joking, I dont mind it though maybe it intimidates the opposition players while there in the tunnel or changing rooms, or it gets the crowd going?[/quote]

Ave you ever been to CR mate?

[quote user="hogesar"]I''ll admit it''s pretty cringeworthy, but i do join in.

Which brings me to the crux of the issue.

This 2,000 person squawk as it''s been so aptly described on here, could be a 25,000 chorus of intimidating noise IF all of the people on here and at the ground with the "We''re too good to join in with this" opinion, actually joined the FUCK in.

Just my observation, of course.[/quote]
I agree with hogesar on the matter.

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]Well said, in fact if they joined in all the chants instead of whining on here CR would be a much more intimidating place.[/quote]
But let''s not confuse the fans not being intimidating with the football on the pitch not being intimidating.

It''s chicken and egg, do the fans lift the players or does the football lift the fans. All we can do is make CR an unpleasant place for the opposition and as good as place as possible for our guys, if they don''t respond to that then they don''t deserve the shirt.

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]It''s chicken and egg, do the fans lift the players or does the football lift the fans. [/quote]I think it depends on the fans.  The footballers will turn up because they have a very well paid job to do.Some fans look to create the atmosphere.Some fans are a bit more "here we are now, entertain us."Who''s right?  None of them.  You pay your money, you do what you like as long as you don''t racially abuse anyone or stand up for too long.

"Well if you don''t have a bugle your recorder, you know you have one!  "

eh ?

are you from suffolk or something, you don''t sound too bright ?

[quote user="Stig"][quote user="thefutureisyellow"]Well said, in fact if they joined in all the chants instead of whining on here CR would be a much more intimidating place.[/quote]

But let''s not confuse the fans not being intimidating with the football on the pitch not being intimidating.

[/quote]

Stig, I''m genuinely confused buddy. Do you think we''re not intimidating on the pitch as a football team or were you making another point?

Remember that day at the Millennium Stadium, when pre-match a lady was walking around with a microphone talking to fans until she asked one bloke and he shouted into the mike "Kick it off " Then everybody started.So instead of the 3,2,1.... How about a different fan every week to start it off, Mel Klass could be first 

Think it might have been Stoke last year where about 5 mins before kick off they had well know songs like DayDream Believer and Hi Ho Silver Lining blasting out with loads of people joining in, surely that would be better than what we have now.

there''s a worrying thought that some of these pee takes might actually be serious

I remember hearing something along those lines when we stopped playing it. Not sure what the problem is, could have been seen as an issue if played when we had a derby against the scummers but what''s the problem now?