Sign in to follow this  
Yellowfuture

Loftus Road is a dump

It''s about time they spent some of their money on improvements in the away end, lower tier was bad enough last season but upper tier is even worse, no room in the corridor behind the stand, nearly as bad as Peterborough and that is saying something. If there was an emergency at that ground nobody would get out from the upper stand!

Although i.agree that it is a dump, i have always liked going there. It''s small and cramped but you can build up a good atmosphere.

[quote user="Herman "]Although i.agree that it is a dump, i have always liked going there. It''s small and cramped but you can build up a good atmosphere.[/quote]This. In the two times I''ve been there (in the champ and last year  in the prem) it''s been one of the best away atmospheres of that season (in my opinion!).

Its old school, what it lacks in soft furnishings and flat screen tv''s, it make up for in great atmosphere...especially as the QPR don''t like us to much ha ha

It''s a dump! It''s cramped, with poor facilities and no leg room. But do you know what? I love it! One of my favourite away days, as it''s proper old skool...

Give me that than a plastic bowl on an industrial estate any day!!!

I think you have to take the whole QPR ''package'' into consideration but that is no credit to the club itself. It is cramped, particularly the top tier but as others have said, there is always a good atmosphere there. However I''m not sure that anyone outside of the away end would know that sometimes.

My sense was that we were making a fair bit of noise, being in a position directly above the goal, but a mate of mine who had to sit with the home support towards the other end thought we were very quiet. I think that was down to just having the upper tier and acoustics...they should upgrade it feels like a League 1 venue, old school or not! As for the whole ''package'', I love the area, great choice of pubs and eating and QPR fans are generally a good craic!

[quote user="Wiz"]I believe they''re thinking of building a new ground elsewhere.[/quote]

They are, and of course they have the money to do that, unless the Mittals get bored with football. Comparisons between QPR and Portsmouth, for example, are easy (partly because of the Redknapp link) but probably wrong. What is happening at QPR at the moment is crazy, but not terminal. They seem to be spending money they have, as opposed to clubs such as Portsmouth and Hull, which spent money they didn''t possess. In four or five years'' time QPR may well be in quite a good place, literally and metaphorically.

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]Great atmosphere created by our away support but the home support was non existant.[/quote]

Same at most grounds, including Carrow Road....

Loftus road a dump....yes it sure is.  That''s why I haven''t seen us play there for a couple of years now.

That''s despite living 15mins from it on the Tube.  Been a ST at CR for going on 50yrs (well only 1/2 fan really

''cause I''m in the River end) and follow the Canaries all over the country.

But don''t go to my nearest ground, for the reasons mentioned by previous posters. Yes, it can generate a good

atmosphere. But the rest is crap.  Also,used to be some good banter between us, but their fans have changed a bit since

they''ve got new money. Not so pleasant anymore. Believe me, I know quite a few of them.

Oh.and BTW their fans also think that WIZ fellow is a bit of a plonker. He''s always going on their forum and sticking his

tongue where the sun don''t shine.