Sign in to follow this  
Johnny_Bravo

Why can't we sign both?

It''s been pretty clear that scoring goals has been our Achilles heel this season so why not get both Graham AND Hooper in? Yes I know Graham is far from a done deal but at least, if we can trust Sky Sources, we''ve shown some intent.

If Jackson and Morison are both allowed to leave surely that opens up some scope to sign two strikers? Yes signing both would mean spending the most we''ve spent during a transfer window but staying up is a must this year what with the new tv deal next year.

Come on, let''s make it an exciting transfer window for City fans for a change :)

Don''t be stupid if Holt is good enough he''ll play, you wouldn''t want Holt to get complacent and let his performances tail off. I remember the beginning of last season where Holt was quite poor and Morison took over and no one complained.As for signing both, a transfer twitter account is claiming we are after both and why not. Would be a serious sign of intent and would definitely see us stay clear of bottom three for the summer windfall.

Or more probably, it would cost about £12m-£14m and we''ve already signed Bassong, Turner, Tettey, Snoddy, Bunn etc, and last time I checked we weren''t owned my a billionaire oil tycoon.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Or more probably, it would cost about £12m-£14m and we''ve already signed Bassong, Turner, Tettey, Snoddy, Bunn etc, and last time I checked we weren''t owned my a billionaire oil tycoon.[/quote]But ion the summer Bowkett stated the transfer pot was larger than last years and we spent about £14m then and have spent roughly £9m so far (from estimated prices) we have a minimum of over £5m left. We are a Prem club we''re not that poor.

[quote]We are a Prem club we''re not that poor.[/quote]

And how big is the wage bill compared to last year? How much have we spent on agents, signing on fees?

Exactly. You don''t know. And nobody will until next year''s financial results.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]To many Norwich fans would get upset that Holt wouldn''t be starting each week. Thats why![/quote]

I dont like seeing people be horrible to people on here. But you don''t help yourself with some things you post.

Wyett also says that although signing both is unlikely to happen, the club would be willing and able to sign both. I think this would be awesome!

It would definitely be a massive stamp of authority by both McNally and Hughton if we do manage to sign both!!

Obviously both deals could be far from done, but the fact we''re being astute and wedging our feet firmly in the door is good to see and hear. Roll on tomorrow''s stories, hopefully there''s truth in this now!

[quote user="Alan_Grey"]Wyett also says that although signing both is unlikely to happen, the club would be willing and able to sign both. I think this would be awesome![/quote]

Say the money part of The Sun story is true - ie that we have at least £10m available. So far McNally hasn''t tweeted to deny it. Even if we don''t get both or even one of these targets it does publicly announce how much we have to spend. That means if we turn our attention to other players the selling clubs will ramp up prices even more than usual for January. But it also puts us in a position where we are almost bound to spend the money we have even if we miss out on our primary targets, because Bowkett and McNally have so much nailed their colours to the mast of "We must stay up this season".

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Lol, how much money do you think Delia has?[/quote]

lol indeed ;)a lot more than you obviously do :P

ill be impressed if both are picked up, even if its only the one then i think getting in cms, phillips or (unlikely) austin would be superb

fantastic to see some ambition/spending again :D