Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Sky Sports: Norwich City bid for Danny Graham

I wouldn''t want Danny Graham here. His stupid thumb-sucking celebration when he eventually scores really grates on me! Hooper is the main man; and if Jones is £3m I''d go for him and keep the change.

Can''t believe some of you are saying you aren''t over the moon with this.

Are any of Morison, Jackson, Martin or Vaughan possibly better or more viable as a proven goal scorer than Graham?

Definitely not!

Definitely suggests Jackson could be sold to Wolves, and that Martin and Vaughan could leave at the end of the season (and Ward) to allow for these new players

Anyone else hear Matt Holland today on Talksport say our bid was accepted for Danny boy..........true or nay?

I heard a few people also heard that our bid of £5 million has been accepted.

Whether there''s any truth in it - I really don''t know

I''d be well happy if we get Graham, he still look in good scoring form this season so I''m a bit surprised Swansea are willing to let him go.

reading between the lines, I would imagine both Norwich and Sunderland''s bid''s been accepted.

Laudrup was given the opportunity, to say no bids, but chose to say they had received bids. Obviously never said ''accepted'' but more telling he didn''t say ''rejected''. Probably some clauses, and fine print been sorted... but probably battle between us and Sunderland, and conditional they sign Jones.

I really can''t believe that some people think Graham would be a rubbish signing. A class above all our strikers (except Holt) and better than most people we have been linked with i.e CMS, Murray etc

I think he would be fantastic. We''re showing some balls and either Graham or Hooper would bolster our goal-count. Let Wolves have Jackson and I''m sure Morro could be sold.

We need two strikers.

Simple, so although the two bids are a bit open, we will have other targets. We do our research we do not put all our eggs in one basket.

If we don''t get two strikers this January we will add two strikers over this and the next window.

Hooper and graham would be excellent signings, there is no question of that but it would show great intent to stay in this division and build. We upgraded our defence our midfield has been upgraded, this would be a serious upgrade and we can then upgrade once more in our midfield/ defence to make our squad solid.

We will see what happens. But I am sure we will be working so hard this weekend, Sunday is not a rest day it is a day to continue these discussions. If we get these two strikers we are showing an intent to build a squad for premiership survival by adding premiership quality ready players right now. Building a squad that can be considered premiership mid table over the next two to three years under hughtons and mcnally''s leadership. This window is critical.

If we do not do business then we will still be strong but it will be much more difficult, quality is what we need. This upgrade would be just what is needed to give us depth of goal scoring ability.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/8413918/Norwich-boss-Chris-Hughton-awaits-news-on-two-transfer-targets-including-Swansea-s-Danny-Graham