Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

NOT Moaning and Criticising is a Small Club Mentality!

Elliott Bennett looks to be a really popular member of our squad. His attitude is fantastic and is always smiling and the first to congratulate players at either half-time, full-time or even when they''re subbed. His misfortune is that wide right is the position of our best performer this season. If you moved Snodgrass to the left he would become a round peg in a square hole.

A word of praise for Wiz:

He may change his signature graphics and avatar but he still keeps his identity.

Too many people on this forum hide behind new aliases and haven''t the guts to maintain their identity because they obviously are cowards.

I quite often, as most people seem to, disagree with Wiz but at least I know who is responsible for the drivel and for that I give him credit.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]So, Charlie Wyett, who probably gets into games for free, is criticising Norwich supporters for moaning.

Radio Norfolk is doing the same.

If Liverpool had lost 5-0 to anyone with a performance like that they would be spitting feathers, the same as any other self-respecting set of fans. But not us......

Boo or show dissent at Carrow Road and we are soon shot down, why?

The money fans pay entitles them to complain and show dissent. I referred to the malleable Norwich mentality on another thread as to why we roll over and keep turning up however much the price goes up. We can show dissent all we like and should be less tolerant.

We came into this season unprepared. We have a collection of League 1/Championship strikers on Premiership wages and to make it worse we are not playing to the strengths they have.

Ricardo, in hindsight, summed it up today when conceding the first goal inevitably led to defeat with no plan B.

Expecting our supporters to be humble and not show dissent is the mentality of a small club.[/quote]

I suppose I don''t boo because I''m a ''supporter'', not a ''critic'' of NCFC. I have my say on what went wrong but I recognise that booing and being negative doesn''t help. As fans we have the ability en masse to make a difference to a match by the atmosphere we generate. I try to do as much as I can to help the team. Booing is only counter-productive.

I haven''t read the other posts on this thread because I don''t have the energy and, frankly, the thought of reading several pages of negative masturbation from the usual suspects fills me with the urge to kill (again).

However, in answer to the title of this thread:

Not moaning and criticising is a small club mentality.

No, it is not. It is a patient mentality.

The fact of the matter is that the transformation from a good Championship club to an established Premier League outfit that oozes class takes time. It simply can not happen overnight and to believe it can is to be unrealistic.

What is strange is that certain members of the older generation moan and dribble constantly about the youth of today having no patience. Yet when it comes to our club it is generally these people that want it all now, now, now.

Take for example Chelsea when Abramovich took over (and also Man City as a more recent example). Despite the fact that they had unlimited resources at their disposal it took years before they were in any way ready to launch title bids or acquire silverware. Whilst, of course, our ambitions are different and our resources much less excessive, this is very much the case with us. We need to develop the infrastructure and playing staff befitting the sort of club we want to become. This takes years.

So if you''re really of a mind to moan and criticise the club for losing to Liverpool and being comfortably 13th despite going on a win less run, then go ahead. All it does is underline how unrealistically impatient you are.

[quote user="Militant Canary"]What is strange is that certain members of the older generation moan and dribble constantly about the youth of today having no patience. [/quote]

There''s nothing strange about that at all MC.The older you get the less time there is to be patient.

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a bananaGroucho Marks  *(1890-1977)

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]A word of praise for Wiz: He may change his signature graphics and avatar but he still keeps his identity. Too many people on this forum hide behind new aliases and haven''t the guts to maintain their identity because they obviously are cowards. I quite often, as most people seem to, disagree with Wiz but at least I know who is responsible for the drivel and for that I give him credit.[/quote]

Cheers for your kind words Yellow Wall, my signature has only recently been changed because a friend designed a new one which featured my most favourite City characters....and I''m well pleased with it so it stays.

Posters should not read in to it anything more than that, had I wanted an anti Hughton signature I would had one!

[quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Wiz"]

And if you moan the ''head in the sand'' brigade call us trolls.

So be it![:|]

[/quote]

You will be flattered to know I have been keeping a record of your outlandish flip-flopping for when you next tried to start some kind of anti-Hughton crusade.

Let''s look at your record on Hughton this season, shall we?

All quotes are from this forum and are traceable by time and date.

--------

Wiz wrote the following post at Tue, Aug 14 2012 2:56 PM:
From Saturday, CH will have all my support as the new campaign begins, if God forbid we lose, Saturday night on here will not see me ranting, I suggest some of my detractors will behave somewhat different!

Wiz wrote the following post at Sun, Aug 19 2012 11:01 AM:
Hughton is a coward! Effectivly telling OUR players they''re not good enough and you don''t attack at places like Fulham, Fulham ffs!
These are the actions and words of a coward, and we need a brave strong leader with a backbone...........and gagging the players will work wonders for their morale..........and there goes the dressing room.
MacNally needs to dump the 3 stooges quicker than a hot brick or face yet more, and even worse, humiliation

Wiz wrote the following post at Sat, Sep 15 2012 6:58 PM:
The trouble is BB, Hoots has worked miracles with our sieve of a defence, give him time and he''ll get the attack sorted too.
So shall we give him some time?

Wiz wrote the following post at Thu, Sep 20 2012 10:18 AM:
Grant Holts 3 year contract wrote:
There''s also something about Hughton that leads me to think he''ll do very well for us.

Just what I was thinking last night, he has an aura about him which demands respect.
 And 40,000 geordies plus 20,000 blue noses can''t all be wrong can they?

Wiz wrote the following post at Sat, Sep 22 2012 8:03 PM:
Even if we''re relegated I''d be tempted to keep him, the guy just oozes class imo.

Wiz wrote the following post at Sat, Oct 06 2012 6:47 PM:
Hang on in there mate, we played some nice stuff against a top European side today and if the worse comes to the worse, most Chumps side would settle for Houghton as their boss.

Wiz wrote the following post at Sat, Oct 20 2012 10:47 AM:
The man is a clown.

Wiz wrote the following post at Sun, Oct 21 2012 11:07 AM:
I was wrong on Hughton, hands up, totally wrong, he was magnificent yesterday and dominated Wenger all through the 90 minutes. His team selection was bold and cunning, the players also responded well to his demands.
Now on to Villa, the real acid test for me, I somehow feel he might just pass it.
I won''t however apologise for passing an opinion, they were just that, an opinion, based on the relevant results at that time..........although I do apologise to Mr Hughton and indeed, this message board for the manner in which I delivered them.

Wiz wrote the following post at Sat, Oct 27 2012 10:14 AM:
The pro Hughton banner is easy, regardless of what I think, win or loose at Villa, he''ll still be here tomorrow, so why not back him? especially with the Villa game coming up.

Wiz adopted a Chris Hughton avatar from Sun, Oct 28.

Wiz wrote the following post at 2012/11/01 10:28 AM:
Well, I''m not afraid to put my hand up.
I was wrong, very wrong about Hughton, I wanted Holloway but I wouldn''t swap Hoots for anyone now... and that includes Lambert!
We''ve struck gold. ....again.

At some point in December, the Hughton avatar and signature graphics were removed.

Wiz wrote the following post at Tue, Jan 01 2013 6:13 PM:

“  Yellow Shirt wrote:
The manager is an idiot.
I look forward to his departure.”

I wouldn''t go quite that far....but............

Wiz wrote the following post at Sat, Jan 19 2013 4:24PM:
We look like a relegated club already.
F*ck off Hughton and take your other two clowns with you.........no plan B again.

----------

Did your medication run out again?

[/quote]

I''m impressed.........I don''t actually care...............but I am impressed![|-)]

[/quote]

And so you should be.

[/quote]

Seriously, you must have better things to do...

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]A word of praise for Wiz: He may change his signature graphics and avatar but he still keeps his identity. Too many people on this forum hide behind new aliases and haven''t the guts to maintain their identity because they obviously are cowards. I quite often, as most people seem to, disagree with Wiz but at least I know who is responsible for the drivel and for that I give him credit.[/quote]

Cheers for your kind words Yellow Wall[/quote]

Well to be fair, "drivel" is being kind.

I remember being patient when we were relegated with Worthy; patient all the way to League 1. Then along came Mr. Impatient who was later criticised by Bowkett for being impatient, bloody good job he was impatient.

Rude you do seem to have changed your standpoint in the last week. A few days ago you gained plaudits from many (me included) for your balanced, rational view of where we are. Now you seemed to have joined the sky is falling in gang. Why have you changed your view so markedly?

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]A word of praise for Wiz:

He may change his signature graphics and avatar but he still keeps his identity.

Too many people on this forum hide behind new aliases and haven''t the guts to maintain their identity because they obviously are cowards.

I quite often, as most people seem to, disagree with Wiz but at least I know who is responsible for the drivel and for that I give him credit.[/quote]

Exraordinary. Both you and he hide behind an alias. Agree with me or not but I use my own name. I do not understand why those who project themselves as so indignantly self-righteous dare not seak under their own name

RP

Good question dpit.

First came the ST hike.

Then came the preparation, set up and performance on Saturday.

I have NOT criticised any players but.....

We came into this season having failed to address our striker issues.

We have overplayed key players and failed to involve fringe players.

Our players gave everything over Xmas and got nothing thanks to inconsistent refereeing and other disadvantages such as West Ham having a game less. This has hit them hard for the aforementioned reasons.

I am upset that whilst hiking the prices McNally has so far failed to put enough finance into securing the season the new prices apply to.

I see shades of Gunn and Marshall

I see shades of Deehan and Chase

I see too much of Roeder in Hughton although Hughton is a far better man-manager.

Stopping a losing streak with a win is the hardest thing to do in this league.

Now, should Hughton and McNally show risk appetite and enterprise with good signings (albeit at January prices when the summer was better) I will consider the price hikes justified. They''ve got a lot of work to do but they get paid massively to do it.

Also, Hughton needs to realise Norfolk people hate being belittled. Norwich is one of England''s historic cities (just ask the Luftwaffe) and we have a very high, nay well inflated view of it. We think most other cities are $hitholes in a very blinkered way and talking us down really gets our parochial goat.

I realise the transfer deals come late in the month but I expect to see real work put in.

On a positive note we can rest key players until Spurs (H) and look to start afresh with a mini-season. We have winnable home games. Hughton didn''t panic earlier in the season and this was seen as a strength as results turned but I do not like his team set up and I don''t feel he belongs here at this time.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Good question dpit. First came the ST hike. Then came the preparation, set up and performance on Saturday. I have NOT criticised any players but..... We came into this season having failed to address our striker issues. We have overplayed key players and failed to involve fringe players. Our players gave everything over Xmas and got nothing thanks to inconsistent refereeing and other disadvantages such as West Ham having a game less. This has hit them hard for the aforementioned reasons. I am upset that whilst hiking the prices McNally has so far failed to put enough finance into securing the season the new prices apply to. I see shades of Gunn and Marshall I see shades of Deehan and Chase I see too much of Roeder in Hughton although Hughton is a far better man-manager. Stopping a losing streak with a win is the hardest thing to do in this league. Now, should Hughton and McNally show risk appetite and enterprise with good signings (albeit at January prices when the summer was better) I will consider the price hikes justified. They''ve got a lot of work to do but they get paid massively to do it. Also, Hughton needs to realise Norfolk people hate being belittled. Norwich is one of England''s historic cities (just ask the Luftwaffe) and we have a very high, nay well inflated view of it. We think most other cities are $hitholes in a very blinkered way and talking us down really gets our parochial goat. I realise the transfer deals come late in the month but I expect to see real work put in. On a positive note we can rest key players until Spurs (H) and look to start afresh with a mini-season. We have winnable home games. Hughton didn''t panic earlier in the season and this was seen as a strength as results turned but I do not like his team set up and I don''t feel he belongs here at this time.[/quote]

That''s amazingly well put. I am generally happy with the current regime but the above does stick in my craw post-match

Good question dpit.

First came the ST hike.

Then came the preparation, set up and performance on Saturday.

I have NOT criticised any players but.....

We came into this season having failed to address our striker issues.

We have overplayed key players and failed to involve fringe players.

Our players gave everything over Xmas and got nothing thanks to inconsistent refereeing and other disadvantages such as West Ham having a game less. This has hit them hard for the aforementioned reasons.

I am upset that whilst hiking the prices McNally has so far failed to put enough finance into securing the season the new prices apply to.

I see shades of Gunn and Marshall

I see shades of Deehan and Chase

I see too much of Roeder in Hughton although Hughton is a far better man-manager.

Stopping a losing streak with a win is the hardest thing to do in this league.

Now, should Hughton and McNally show risk appetite and enterprise with good signings (albeit at January prices when the summer was better) I will consider the price hikes justified. They''ve got a lot of work to do but they get paid massively to do it.

Also, Hughton needs to realise Norfolk people hate being belittled. Norwich is one of England''s historic cities (just ask the Luftwaffe) and we have a very high, nay well inflated view of it. We think most other cities are $hitholes in a very blinkered way and talking us down really gets our parochial goat.

I realise the transfer deals come late in the month but I expect to see real work put in.

On a positive note we can rest key players until Spurs (H) and look to start afresh with a mini-season. We have winnable home games. Hughton didn''t panic earlier in the season and this was seen as a strength as results turned but I do not like his team set up and I don''t feel he belongs here at this time.

Good god Rudolph... any more of a sound post and you might just blow the rot out of this place. You''ve said everything I''ve wanted to say and better. The one thing I disagree with you on though is that Chris Hughton doesn''t belong here at this time.

His set up is not entertaining, it is there to do a job. When the job is done correctly it works a treat and everyone here was throwing the confetti and celebrating our almost certain stay in the premier league. However, when it goes wrong it falls apart in a manner such as I''ve never seen before. It might seem it goes wrong too often, but I''d argue against that. It works often enough for it to be viable, and much like Brendan Rodgers is doing with Liverpool I think old Chrissy wants to create something here... he needs more time (this window being the absolute perfect time) to create that vision.

It always takes me a good weekend of getting inebriated to come round to the fact that it was one defeat and that there is still time to get new blood in and turn it around in a couple of weeks.

OTBC

I red only few first posts, but imo there is quite big difference for saying.

"Damn it wasnt our best game. Hoolahan wasnt in on his best form and Pilkington dissapeared for whole second half"

than

"F*CK HUGHTON! He must be changed! We will be in the championship next season, but good that we only have championship players already"

I personaly dont feel to come this forum after we lose as people that dont comment anything when we have positive games under the belt overrun this place for unrealistic demands to save our club.

At the end very rare of us knows a s*it about how to run a club or coach it, nor know for real if our players are only championship level or where we really need those new signings. If moaning would be truly objective and constructive I wouldnt have anything against it, but it is almost always something between "We are going down" to "WORLD IS GOING TO END" and for me that has nothing to do with "Big club or Medium club mentality"

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

[/quote]

Really? Based on what? In the summer we acquired (not all for transfer fees but certainly all for wages) Bunn, Whittaker, Bassong, Turner, Garrido, Tettey. Snodgrass and Kane, while - sensibly - leaving money over for the January window. In which we have already made public bids of around £10m. This - given our comparitive paupery - is not insubstantial. Are you suggesting McNally, an employee, should spend money our owners don''t have? It is a plan (and familiar) but hardly one I would recommend.

What is it that Hughton says in press conferences that is so upsetting to us? I don''t see any difference between what he says and what Lambert said. In fact we had this debate last time we played Liverpool and then it went away. Was what he said at the Man Utd and Arse games better or doesn''t it matter when we win? Or do any of you even notice him when we win? I think it would be prudent at this time to look at the various merits of the players Hughton brought in and those he inherited. Particularly those he inherited brought for the prem.

I like to see people critiquing on here, if people want to vent and moan I also don''t mind but I''m not going to read it.

The problem is most posters on here make complete sweeping statements with no evidence or solution. They just complain.

I don''t think anyone can say there is nothing to complain about in terms of the club and the football on offer this season (but there was also plenty wrong last season but lambert had us comfortably safe and 2 seasons of massive goodwill behind him). Things will never be perfect and constructive criticism should always be welcomed.

It would just be nice to see more constructive posts on here, more analysis and argument based on facts and the football than hughton is (insert expletive), get him out. I personally have been disappointed in some of the football played this year and while overall I feel ok about our current position, hughton still has work to do to win me over. But endless bull threads over and over just moaning on the same subject is irritating and clogs the board, that has nothing to do with small club mentality or not.