Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

£15m for Hooper!!

Banana, are you McNally is disguise.

Those numbers are just guessestimates at best, unless you are inside the club you should stop wasting everbody''s time with these useless threads.

Try and start to be a bit supportive hey.

Your last couple of threads have been negative to say the least.

Regardless of how it all plays out, if Hooper scores goals and is a success everything else will take care of itself.

Worst case scenario is that we go down and are paying prem wages in the CCC for a season.That being said, if we did go down, I''d expect to receive a bid for Hooper fairly quickly which gets rid of the wages problem and will likely recoup most if not all of the fee we''d pay for him.On the flip side, we don''t go down and Hooper bangs them in for fun and ends up moving on to a bigger club in a few years and we could easily double if not triple our investment whilst having the benefit of his goals along the way.At this level you don''t get top quality for peanuts, and it cost Villa 7m to sign a virtually unknown Belgian youngster in Benteke and 7m for Soton to sign Rodriguez who''s done NOTHING so far, making Hooper far less risky in my eyes even if he cost slightly more.

Ramirez is an example of how buying someone wont necessairly get results,  You say he has done nothing this season yet his strike and assist rate per start matches holts

Indy_Bones wrote

"That being said, if we did go down, I''d expect to receive a bid for Hooper fairly quickly which gets rid of the wages problem and will likely recoup most if not all of the fee we''d pay for him."

The only problem there is he may fail with us, which would depress his price a bit. I can''t imagine he''d be a disaster though, so I doubt we''d lose much .

Which is pretty much what you said! Although there is a third option perhaps? We stay up but he doesn''t contribute much, looks like Simeon Mk II & we''re stuck with his wages ...

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="I am a Banana"]We can sign hooper for £15m (all in) and still go down, then where does the money come from?[/quote]How likely do you think we are to go down this season?[/quote]

On recent form...highly likely.

[/quote]Well how about broadening that to our season''s form to date? Are we still likely to go down? Do you only ever take the past six matches to determine our likely fate? Our first seven matches of the season were pretty bad but the next seven were pretty decent. There will be peaks and troughs over the course of a season. I bet after the hammering at Stamford Bridge you felt we were likely to be relegated, but results picked up after that. Is there any particular reason to believe results won''t pick up again?

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]it cost Villa 7m to sign a virtually unknown Belgian youngster in Benteke and 7m [/quote]

Rather him than Hooper. Totally out played us in the cup!

Might not matter anyway if reported Spurs interest turns out to be true

Just to add my 2p worth nana you quote a figure of £8m wiyh add ons; surely those add ons will only be paid if we stay up so that figure come down by £1-2m I would guess.

[quote user="Proper Charlie"]Liverpool and Qp arse "apparently" interested now aswell.[/quote]
Liverpool reportedly stated an interest several weeks ago.  Should they make a bid he will undoubtedly go there, who wouldn''t?
Might not be a bad thing.  We must not pay over the odds in an inflated January transfer window!!!  I doubt that McNasty will be held to ransom but I would hate to see us spend over the odds for a player who may not cut it and would rather see the money spent elsewhere.