Sign in to follow this  
Jakesacanary

Take a reality check !!!!!!

Lets face we are not gonna get either Hooper or Graham, this was all a pipe dream to smooth over the price increase for season tickets

The likelihood is...we will end up with a Striker of the likes of Jamie Mackie / Charlie Austin  no direspect to these  guys but we require more firepower if we are to compete in this league.

Danny Graham will end up at Newcastle and Hooper will go to Tottenham.

Always has been and always will be............. OTBC Never mind the Danger

[quote user="Jakesacanary"]

Lets face we are not gonna get either Hooper or Graham, this was all a pipe dream to smooth over the price increase for season tickets

The likelihood is...we will end up with a Striker of the likes of Jamie Mackie / Charlie Austin  no direspect to these  guys but we require more firepower if we are to compete in this league.

[/quote]

I am unsure about these posts that state a list of opinions as facts. Dubious facts at that. I certainly see no connection whatsoever between our supposed bids and the price of season tickets. 

The point is, I doubt if anybody, including Hughton himself, really knows where Graham or Hooper will be in February.

The liklihood is that Hooper will still be at Celtic and Graham will still be at Swansea.

Anything could transpire.

I wouldn''t mind a punt on either Mackie or Austin though.  

[/quote]

Austin, 23 and better goal ratio than both DG and GH!

Tottenham are interested in Wanyama or whatever his name is.. Not sure whether they''re really interested in Hooper. I think it all depends on whether McNally has 8million up his sleeve for Hooper. Regarding Graham, don''t think we will be his next club. Don''t even know if he will go anywhere until the summer! Austin is a possibility subject to a late tempting bid maybe? Jamie Mackie would be a good addition but not sure if he is the ''goalscorer'' we are after.

I for one would be more happy with Austin for 3-5 million then Hooper at 8 million or more.

I tend to agree that both Graham and Hooper are out of reach but not for the same reasons.

Hooper is being priced out of our reach to be honest and Graham is looking to move north if anywhere. To be honest why would Graham want to move, playing his part and cup final to look forward to now, with Europe next season.

I am dissapionted we are looking at a 28 year old from the MLS to be honest. One who no one has ever heard of, one who owns his own contract so he will be another cheap option, so that is one positive, as long as we use the money for a good stiker as well than would be happier.

I''m reserving judgement until 1st Feb to see where we are then, but not wanting to spend big on Hooper if possible.

[quote user="Indy"]

I for one would be more happy with Austin for 3-5 million then Hooper at 8 million or more.

I tend to agree that both Graham and Hooper are out of reach but not for the same reasons.

Hooper is being priced out of our reach to be honest and Graham is looking to move north if anywhere. To be honest why would Graham want to move, playing his part and cup final to look forward to now, with Europe next season.

I am dissapionted we are looking at a 28 year old from the MLS to be honest. One who no one has ever heard of, one who owns his own contract so he will be another cheap option, so that is one positive, as long as we use the money for a good stiker as well than would be happier.

I''m reserving judgement until 1st Feb to see where we are then, but not wanting to spend big on Hooper if possible.

[/quote]

Come on Indy, be honest with us, is this honestly what you think ;-)

you dont have to see into the future re signings i have followed city since 68 and we always talk a good fight but never produce it going right back then we have never had the bottle to have a go always happy to band names around, shock horror, we get out bid, so nothing new A week to go lets see what we end up with, heard Wroxham have a good striker might be in our price bracket.

[quote user="ricky knight"]you dont have to see into the future re signings i have followed city since 68 and we always talk a good fight but never produce it going right back then we have never had the bottle to have a go always happy to band names around, shock horror, we get out bid, so nothing new A week to go lets see what we end up with, heard Wroxham have a good striker might be in our price bracket.[/quote]

Wow, we''ve never signed any of our transfer targets since 1968!

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote user="ricky knight"]you dont have to see into the future re signings i have followed city since 68 and we always talk a good fight but never produce it going right back then we have never had the bottle to have a go always happy to band names around, shock horror, we get out bid, so nothing new A week to go lets see what we end up with, heard Wroxham have a good striker might be in our price bracket.[/quote]

Wow, we''ve never signed any of our transfer targets since 1968!

[/quote]

the real ones yes but not the ones banded about to make us look ambitious.

are you saying Kane was an targeted signing if so god help us, smacked of desperation to me and this time would could end up with a yankee pub league two bobber instead of graham or Hooper, i rest my case.

[quote user="ricky knight"]are you saying Kane was an targeted signing if so god help us, smacked of desperation to me and this time would could end up with a yankee pub league two bobber instead of graham or Hooper, i rest my case.[/quote]

I think Kane was signed as cover not to make us look ambitious and there''s still time for the yankee pub league two bobber as well as Graham or Hooper.

[quote user="ricky knight"]

the real ones yes but not the ones banded about to make us look ambitious.[/quote]

Who did the banding about; the Club or the media/fans/agents?

[/quote]

Crystal ball for Christmas?