Sign in to follow this  
Frodo

match thread

Sod it. Losing to a distinctly average WBA side. We sat back too much in the 2nd and failed to make the right changes. Garrido could have done better against Lukaku for their 2nd.

Dicky said: Moaners are out in force - we are missing our Captain/Top Goalscorer and our keeper - keep it in f''in perspective

So you wait until we lose to bring out the fact we have Ruddy missing? Why not mention the 3 wins and 1 draw in the league we''ve managed without him?

Oh dear oh dear :(Once again Hughton makes his subs to late to impact anythingWe missed Holt, Moro is no where near Prem standardWe did not look like winning Makes me sad, I dont really want to question Hughton, but when a team goes with 4 attackers its common sense to not defend stupidly deep and throw some pacey offence on the pitch.Jackson and Beeno should have come on for Pilks and Captain Useless the second Shane Long came on the field.Real pity that !

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Once again Hughton makes his subs to late to impact anything[/quote]

have you been in a coma the last 10 games?

Sorry, its common sense to not defend deep against a four man attack that outpaces us???

I agree Jacko should have come on much earlier to stretch their defence which was in our half! but the first point doesn''t make any sense.

really is disappointing to lose like this after how composed we looked in the first half

if we continue down this path I really do fear for the next few games

a Striker and a Goalkeeper are priorities for January

Only caught the last 30mins but can´t believe how deep we sat. Just invited them to come at us and to be honest i don´t think anyone can say that their goal wasn´t coming :(

Couple of good deliveries from Snoddy but otherwise pretty poor stuff.

Of course can´t moan too much after that tremendous run of results but i have to say we have been riding our luck defensively for a while and today it ran out. No side can expect to sit back for 30 minutes and invite the opposition onto them.

As previous posters have stated WBA aren´t exactly on form at the moment and really if we went at them i think the 3 points were there for the taking.

It is quite puzzling as to how we looked absolutely clueless going forward for 30minutes and then as soon as they scored they barely touched the ball :S

If we are able to attack them like that after they pull ahead why can´t we do it before they score? The ability is obviously there....

[quote user="Monty13"]Sorry, its common sense to not defend deep against a four man attack that outpaces us???

I agree Jacko should have come on much earlier to stretch their defence which was in our half! but the first point doesn''t make any sense.[/quote]oops, remove the not ;)Jas, dont you think Hughton makes his changes a touch on the late side ?  dont want to really complain about Hughton though, blokes done us proud. Just feel his subs are a bit late and predictable

Steve Clarke completely and utterly out-thought Chris Hughton tactically today. Both teams were equal but Clarke made the right changes at the right times and that''s why they have 3 points and we do not. We were screaming in the 2nd half for a bit of pace to be added to the final third as Morison was completely ineffective. Again, we fade away in the 2nd half and, unfortunately, it''s now apparent that the reason for this is down to how we are able (or not able) to adjust tactically.Today we were found out and I suspect we will continue now to be found out more often than not until May.

I think the real problem is that we don''t have enough quality to come off the bench and change a game. I would have liked to see Bennett on for Pilkington second half (who was anonymous), but other than that we''re not exactly spoilt for choice!

It''s been clear for a while there isn''t really enough depth to the squad, so hopefully we can ride the next couple of games out and pick up a point or two before bolstering the squad in January.

One loss and the moaners rear their heads again. Pretty pathetic really, given our immense recent form.

Completely tactically out-thought - I think not. The real difference today is that Lukaku + Long > Morison + Jackson. Either of those would get in ahead of everyone in our strike force, perhaps with the exception of Holt, and I am sure Hughton will aim to remedy this next month.

A very basic error by Hughton in not putting on pace to give Brom defenders something to think about. No way was Morison going to break quickly so they just stuck everyone forward putting us under relentless pressure. Jackson should have been on after 60 mins.

[quote user="Michael Starr"]Today we were found out and I suspect we will continue now to be found out more often than not until May.[/quote]

You ever play chess and just smash the board over when you lose your first pawn?

"Basic error"?! Sorry, Paul Moy, I must have missed your tenure as Premier League manager and international footballer.

Really disappointing result today, but not sure what some people expected from this season.

When it comes to the mainstays in the team, i saw little to coomplain about. Tettey made a couple of lacklustre passes that but us under pressure, and Garrido should have done better in competing with Lukaku for the header on the second goal. But when it came to the movement and passing of the team we generally seemed just no less assured than at any time during this unbeaten run.However it was simply a day where the deputisers were just a little short of the mark. The presence of Bunn was left wanting in his area, and Morison, try as he might, could not fit into the system at any one point during the whole game. He''d be best utilised in a direct and quick 4-4-2 formation, with the responsibility of making the most of aerial balls in the box. Involving him in the intracies of our pass and move, patient system, exploits almost every aspect of his weaknesses going forward.Failure to amend that specifically throughout the entire game severely limited our ability to cause a threat to West Brom in open play. This problem festered, and ultimately showed in the last 20 minutes; whereby it was all too easy to exhaust our suffocated attacks.Nonetheless, with the return of Holt, and then Ruddy, i''m confident we''ll be able to give a better account of ourselves than we did today.