Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Chris Martin fails to impress...

http://www.gazetteandherald.co.uk/sport/10069944._/?

Di Canio sounds thoroughly p**sed off and basically says Martin has talent but couldn''t be bothered to use it cuz he doesn''t give a toss about Swindon. Lol.

I have a feeling he won''t even see it out to January. Martin and Di Canio is just a powderkeg imo.

PS Anyone who can link me to that compatability thread would be legendary, My Chrome appears to have lost the settings for whatever reason.

Maybe a Di Canio arse kick is what CM needs. Make him realise that after his contract runs out, it''s not too far fetched that he could plummet down the leagues and find himself playing non league before he''s 30.

[quote user="paul moy"]Oh Dear, it sounds as if Chris''s body language is letting him down again.  [/quote]Di Canio is an expert in body language.[:D]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQqFxvrYbXk

[quote user="kick it off"]http://www.gazetteandherald.co.uk/sport/10069944._/? Di Canio sounds thoroughly p**sed off and basically says Martin has talent but couldn''t be bothered to use it cuz he doesn''t give a toss about Swindon. Lol. I have a feeling he won''t even see it out to January. Martin and Di Canio is just a powderkeg imo.[/quote]

try this -

http://www.gazetteandherald.co.uk/sport/10069944._/

"moaning about stadium expansion"

the delightful irony

ps posting a link as asked for elsewhere, neither agrees or disagrees with the content

Chris Martin has always seemed to get a hard time from City fans, a tad surprising as he''s one of the few local lads to make the grade in recent years...

Let''s not forget that he made a major contribution to our league 1 promotion and without that I doubt we''d be in the happy position we now find ourselves.

He hasn''t been able to make the step up since then, in my view because he doesn''t quite have the pace of a Jackson, the power of a Holt or the touch of a Hoolahan rather than just simply being lazy or not wanting it, but I won''t slate him on here and I hope, once he gets some match fitness, that he goes on to score some goals during his loan spell - he was by all accounts well thought of at Crystal Palace last year.

All the Swindon fans I talk to here say Chris Martin just needs a couple of games and already he''s improved the team, think the manager is just trying to gee him up

[quote user="djc"]The link article contains views from fans, one noticeably "the wizard"[/quote]

In this one he states -

"By the way, yes we get rubbish refs, we''ve noticed that as well, from the stands its even more obvious"

we ?

from the stands ?

perhaps Swindon have a Wensum Stand as well

Not sticking up for Chris Martin who without doubt needs to make the decision on whether he''s commited enough to make the best of his undoubted ability right now for the age he is, but really if Di Canio wanted a forward to play like Iwelumo a strapping 6ft 3in bruiser thats the sort of player he should have signed, it''s moronic to expect the same thing from Chris Martin.

There is not a doubt in my mind that Chris has the talent- Elliot Bennett is quoted as saying that CM''s skill and creativity are comparable to Hoolahan. His problem has always been about the application of that talent, which he has never really done- even during that very good time in League One. That has nothing to do with his pace or physicality (or lack thereof) and everything to do with him.

The sad thing is, its becoming increasingly clear that its his attitude that is his biggest hindrance.

He really is a foolish boy. I know Di Canio is an awful fascist tw*t, but he only has to work with him until January. Put the effort in and he might be in contention at Norwich in January or at the very least it could help him move somewhere better. But no.

He did much the same thing playing for us in the early rounds of the League Cup- in what was his opportunity to impress, he fails to show up and clearly can''t be bothered. Yes, he may rightly claim to be a finesse player, but even finesse players put in plenty of effort.

Like I say, he''s a foolish boy (note the word "boy", not "man"). And, though I don''t like this, we should get rid in January. Best thing for all concerned, really.

Will never do anything else for Norwich City now, and should have left the club after we got promoted to the top flight!

Lets remember the good times like his half season introduction to the 1st team in 07, the League 1 campaign and the bit part role he played in our Championship promotion season!

Please no more s*it from dreamers wbho think he can still cut it for us in the top flight cause all the evidence suggests he can''t!

Chris Martin may struggle in the Prem but any Norwich player that can score a winning goal against Leeds United deserves some respect in my opinion.

A lot of players have come & gone over the years without maybe leaving a lasting impression but his goal is firmly etched in my memory.

Good luck to him wherever he goes.

It is just something people do. I would have used an emoticon if i could figure out my phone!!