Sign in to follow this  
Mark Fotheringham City Legend

Out of interest, does anyone still think Snodgrass isn't good enough?

Before the sunderland match he was on very poor form and I advocated dropping him, his crossing had been woeful and though I stand by that, first half sunderland and today he was excellent.

Now starting to play how we always knew he could.Great goal and some terrific deliveries.Class.[:)]

Problem with Snodgrass is that he is either very good or bloody woeful. vs Man utd, and today he was brilliant, but against sunderland, Everton, newcastle he was awful! No player in the prem can be that inconsistant! He has set his performance level, now he must stick to it.

[quote user="ricardo"]Now starting to play how we always knew he could.Great goal and some terrific deliveries.Class.[:)][/quote]dito, he was amazing... classy throughout

Top notch player, that''s for sure. His ability to win a free kick hasn''t gone unnoticed, and I''m pretty sure his conversion rate has to be above 50%?

When he is taking them I can''t help but feel confident. Especially the one that netted us the fourth goal. Impeccable.

Unlike at the start of the season he especially, and Pilkington are beginning to run at the fullbacks. We NEED them to do this is we''re playing up top! Great little flick for the first goal too, and a superb freekick! He meant this one!

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]I believe it''s his inconsistency that people question.[/quote]

This

He was good today - but i thought it was a great team effort.

My motm remains chris hughton - tactically perfect and the 13 players implemented the plan to the letter.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"][quote user="The Great Drinkell"]I believe it''s his inconsistency that people question.[/quote] This He was good today - but i thought it was a great team effort. My motm remains chris hughton - tactically perfect and the 13 players implemented the plan to the letter.[/quote]

Interesting comment Zipper, easy with hindsight I know but realising Swansea were going tocome at all guns blazing in the second half, wouldn''t it of confussed or concerned them had we bought Jackson on when they were pressing, at one stage their centre half had the ball 10 yards inside our half and he was the nearest player to their goal. I think we gave them the momentum and just backed off and let them attack us. - It worked today so it was the right decision. but the ball jsut kept coming back at us.

The above comments are based on radio commentary and not actually seeing the game - it is also aimed at being a point of discussion not an attck on CH.

[quote user="Gnasher"]Before the sunderland match he was on very poor form and I advocated dropping him, his crossing had been woeful and though I stand by that, first half sunderland and today he was excellent.[/quote]

I think we will have to accept that Snoddy''s performances will vary from the sublime to the awful. I will confess to having a Leeds supporting friend, who tells me that is exactly what he was likue there.

Enjoy the sublime performances and accept the others, but in the others there may just be a couple if key contributions!

Great result today.

OTBC

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"][quote user="The Great Drinkell"]I believe it''s his inconsistency that people question.[/quote] This He was good today - but i thought it was a great team effort. My motm remains chris hughton - tactically perfect and the 13 players implemented the plan to the letter.[/quote]

Interesting comment Zipper, easy with hindsight I know but realising Swansea were going tocome at all guns blazing in the second half, wouldn''t it of confussed or concerned them had we bought Jackson on when they were pressing, at one stage their centre half had the ball 10 yards inside our half and he was the nearest player to their goal. I think we gave them the momentum and just backed off and let them attack us. - It worked today so it was the right decision. but the ball jsut kept coming back at us.

The above comments are based on radio commentary and not actually seeing the game - it is also aimed at being a point of discussion not an attck on CH.

[/quote]

In that case I don''t think I would have bothered.