Sign in to follow this  
Mungo Bumpkin

Capitol One Cup ticket update

Just checked the ticket sales on the club site. Another massive no-show from season ticket holders (please spare us the "protest/sending a pricing message to McNally" guff). Interesting to see that the most DISLOYAL season ticket holders are those in the lower Barclay - obviously the natural home of the fairweather glory hunter!

Mungo.

SHUT UP.

You''re boring. You''re wrong.

What on earth makes you able to judge others?

The fact you come on an internet forum to have a go at other fans, in my eyes (and i''m sure many others) makes you a hell of a lot worse than any of these so call fair weather fans.

Apart from the obvious fact you''re just on a wind up....I usually take the opportunity at games like this to sit in another area of the ground for a change, rather than sit in my normal seat. I know quite a few people do the same.

[quote user="morty"]Apart from the obvious fact you''re just on a wind up....

I usually take the opportunity at games like this to sit in another area of the ground for a change, rather than sit in my normal seat. I know quite a few people do the same.
[/quote]

We''ve told him that before Morty - unfortunatley it wont stop his sad trolling.....only ignoring him will do that and someone always rises to the bait.....yes, I know I''ve replied but he does p**s me off a treat!

Unfortunately, moving to a different seat has no effect whatsoever on the total number of tickets sold. Every person attending may indeed be a relocated season ticket holder. The fact that bugger all tickets have been sold means bugger all season ticket holders are going. These people should be banned from further rounds of the competition if we are successful. Bet there won''t be too much trouble finding the cash or time if a trip to Wembley is in the offing.

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]Unfortunately, moving to a different seat has no effect whatsoever on the total number of tickets sold. Every person attending may indeed be a relocated season ticket holder. The fact that bugger all tickets have been sold means bugger all season ticket holders are going. These people should be banned from further rounds of the competition if we are successful. Bet there won''t be too much trouble finding the cash or time if a trip to Wembley is in the offing.[/quote]So really you don''t actually know what you''re having a go about, do you?Your initial point about season ticket holders not taking their seats, was countered by mine.You are also aware that perhaps some season ticket holders aren''t lucky enough to live close enough to Carrow road to maybe make midweek games?I actually see the point you''re making, but having a dig at season ticket holders, who already contribute so much to the club, really is a bit silly.

morty, he''s either a simpleton or a troll.

He has no argument, and any logical person can see the reasons you and countless other posters on here over the past few weeks/months have given mungo are all very justifiable, but he ignores them and continues with his rather stupid campaign.

He doesn''t care, he''s probably (hopefully) not even a Norwich fan anyway.

It doesnt matter if some St holders want a night off they have forked out a lot with their STs and times are hard. It does give others a chance to go. Me and my lot have all got our seasts and also dragged along another 2 who cannot come on a regular basis. I dont expect a sell out but it could be 20 000 especially after the confidence of the Arsenal game. get a point or more at Villa and it may prize a few more out. If we do win this it will be last 8 and everyone should get excited about that

[quote user="Gingerpele"]morty, he''s either a simpleton or a troll.

He has no argument, and any logical person can see the reasons you and countless other posters on here over the past few weeks/months have given mungo are all very justifiable, but he ignores them and continues with his rather stupid campaign.

He doesn''t care, he''s probably (hopefully) not even a Norwich fan anyway.[/quote]But he actually has a point in this case though, in my opinion.Though directing poor attendance just at season ticket holders kind of screws up his argument a little.

Season ticket holders like to be portrayed as the life blood of the club. Fine, show your support by attending ALL competitive home games, not just the ones with the prepaid discount. That''s why this point specifically relates to usually smug STs who are not bothering to go to this game.

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]Season ticket holders like to be portrayed as the life blood of the club. Fine, show your support by attending ALL competitive home games, not just the ones with the prepaid discount. That''s why this point specifically relates to usually smug STs who are not bothering to go to this game.[/quote]Sorry but where are these smug season ticket holders that are proclaiming themselves "better" fans? You should name names to make your argument factual.Regardless of discount, season holders commit to pay for every single home game, whether they fancy it or not, whether we are playing well or not, and in my case pay for games that I can''t even get to.Were you touched inappropriately by a season ticket holder or something?

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]Season ticket holders like to be portrayed as the life blood of the club. Fine, show your support by attending ALL competitive home games, not just the ones with the prepaid discount. That''s why this point specifically relates to usually smug STs who are not bothering to go to this game.[/quote]

[Y]

People with season tickets purely have the money and time to commit to a season ticket.

If any season ticket holder is ''smug'' they should be shot down. I''ve never known a ''smug'' season ticket holder...

And the cup games aren''t very competitive. I nearly fell asleep at the last one it was so boring. If I were paying for my ticket, I probably wouldn''t bother going next week, I would have still gone to the previous two cup games. But i''d rather go to an away game than watch us not try in a cup game.

I am a season ticket holder (of many, many years standing) and more than happy to fork out for cup tickets rather than blather on an internet forum (which provides no financial support whatsoever for the club). Also a shareholder looking forward to next month''s AGM.

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]I am a season ticket holder (of many, many years standing) and more than happy to fork out for cup tickets rather than blather on an internet forum (which provides no financial support whatsoever for the club). Also a shareholder looking forward to next month''s AGM.[/quote]Blowing you''re own trumpet a bit there, hang on, isn''t this what you are accusing "smug" season ticket holders of doing......?And in making the statement above, you are proclaiming yourself a better fan than those who post here.You''re really not very good at this, are you?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]I am a season ticket holder (of many, many years standing) and more than happy to fork out for cup tickets rather than blather on an internet forum (which provides no financial support whatsoever for the club). Also a shareholder looking forward to next month''s AGM.[/quote]

Blowing you''re own trumpet a bit there, hang on, isn''t this what you are accusing "smug" season ticket holders of doing......?

And in making the statement above, you are proclaiming yourself a better fan than those who post here.

You''re really not very good at this, are you?
[/quote]

[Y]

Mungo, do you even know who plays upfront for Norwich City?

If you''re a shareholder, think I might go support another club...

"I am a season ticket holder (of many, many years standing) and more than happy to fork out for cup tickets rather than blather on an internet forum. "

Luckily for us, Mungo, you manage to do both.

As a season ticket holder I will be going to the game, however I can see why many others might not. Let''s be honest, our record with cups is not an attractive prospect for many people, I don''t blame them really.

As for this alleged ''season ticket smugness'', what the hell is mungo going on about? I''ve never pushed past people, waving my season ticket in the air demanding the finest seats and most delicious food have I?

Well, maybe once or twice.

Fact of the matter is this will be a reserve team game.....and throughout our history, reserve team games have never been well attended.

The fact of the matter is that this is a competitive first team fixture which puts a Wembley Cup Final within our grasp and should be supported as such. The fact of the matter is that a large proportion of season ticket holders are glory hunters who onlu go to Carrow Road to get excited about seeing the "big team" opposition. The fact of the matter is that most of these individuals will be sitting at home cheering on their real team on tv in the Champions League.

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]The fact of the matter is that this is a competitive first team fixture which puts a Wembley Cup Final within our grasp and should be supported as such. The fact of the matter is that a large proportion of season ticket holders are glory hunters who onlu go to Carrow Road to get excited about seeing the "big team" opposition. The fact of the matter is that most of these individuals will be sitting at home cheering on their real team on tv in the Champions League.[/quote]Glory hunters?When it has been nigh on impossible to get a season ticket for years, with hundreds of people on the waiting list?You do talk a lot of twaddle.

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]The fact of the matter is that this is a competitive first team fixture.....[/quote]It may be billed as that but both Bowkett and McNally have clearly stated that survival is our priority this season, so it''s highly unlikely Hughton will risk injury to first team players. Nor will Spurs. So no matter what it''s billed at, it will be a game between reserves.

Bowkett and McNally will also be well aware of the supports'' response to the then demi-god Lambert''s decision to play a second string against Leicester.

[quote user="morty"]Apart from the obvious fact you''re just on a wind up....I usually take the opportunity at games like this to sit in another area of the ground for a change, rather than sit in my normal seat. I know quite a few people do the same. [/quote]

what he said...^^^