Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

Is this harsh on Stoke?

Stoke actually had a few good moves on the ground. But they were very infrequent. Perhaps as they continue to fail to pick up many points they''ll play Knightly and Etherington together, maybe drop the next to useless Walters, and their number 18 whose name escapes me, did he ever touch the ball on Saturday? And if he did, I assume it was just to pass it back to Huth or Shacross to lump it forward.

Stoke actually have some decent players, many of them would be fantastic additions to our side. But they aren''t being used properly...

You''ve forgetten the L3! (click left thumbstick) for a flying, deadly challenge.It only works with Shawcross, Huth and Woodgate though, because you''ve got to have the "BONE-BREAKER" trait. Just ask Ramsey. [:|]

The only time on Saturday I felt vaguely compelled at their game was when Kightly got the ball-the rare occcasions he got the ball and made a run were a bit of a throwback to the days of ''traditional'' wingers-and by God, he has got some pace-but it happened all too rarely...thankfully!

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Stoke actually had a few good moves on the ground. But they were very infrequent. Perhaps as they continue to fail to pick up many points they''ll play Knightly and Etherington together, maybe drop the next to useless Walters, and their number 18 whose name escapes me, did he ever touch the ball on Saturday? And if he did, I assume it was just to pass it back to Huth or Shacross to lump it forward. Stoke actually have some decent players, many of them would be fantastic additions to our side. But they aren''t being used properly...[/quote]

Practically all in their own half with no pressue being applied. Whitehead, by the way.

No, they definitely passed the ball on the ground in our half. Especially in the first half. I wouldn''t have said it if they only passed it in their half, every team can and does that. In the first half Stoke were actually keeping the ball pretty well, even in our half.

Not frequently, and not to any real advantage, but they do have players who are good with their feet. Pulls obviously doesn''t want to use that to there advantage though...