Sign in to follow this  
scooter

Rovers fan in peace

Hi all. I am a Doncaster Rovers fan travelling down from North Nottinghamshire tomorrow. I am looking forward to what will hopefully be a good game. I''ve heard that there is a Morrison''s nearby and I could park there but i''m not sure how reliable the information is. Any tips for parking and easy directions would be greatly appreciated.

All the best for tomorrow

Morrisons has a 90 minute maximum stay during matchdays, not sure how strictly they police it though.  Probably best to avoid.  Would say the best place to park is County Hall car park.  Think it costs about a fiver, 15 minute walk to the ground and relatively easy to get out.

Don''t park in Morrison''s (and the others in the retail park) unless you want a fine in the post a few days later. It is one of those camera car parks where your number is recorded on entrance. It''s carefully timed to catch anyone parking there for the match duration.

If you want free parking, the best option is to head towards the dry ski-slope and park on the road. There will be many others doing the same, and it will be about a 20 minute walk to the ground. Alternatively park in the County Hall car park. Normal match fees are now £6, but I suspect it will be lower for the COC. 

Both options take the A146 junction off the A47, turn right at the end of the road. At the roundabout 1st left for the City Hall carpark or 3rd exit to head towards the ski-slope area. Away fans usually drink in the Complete Angler opposite the train station, but we are a friendly bunch and you will be welcome for some banter in the Riverside pubs at the opposite end of the retail park from the ground.

Enjoy the day. 

I think you only have a limited time at the morrisons car park and wouldnt risk parking there. I would park in the one of the sign-posted match day parking allotments

Don''t park at Morrisons - there are signs warning against football parking. Besides the time limit, they lock the gates soon after the store closes at 10pm.Most websites will advise away fans to park at County Hall, but be warned the price jumped to £6 last year (and it won''t be discounted for a cup game, I went there for the MK Dons game last year and had to pay full price). Personally I always park on the Riverside multistorey opposite the train station, which is close to the ground and usually costs £3.

Morrisons will be open for business until 10pm and is right on top of the ground but it maybe a bit dodgey trying to park there for 4 or 5 hours as you are not shopping.There is a large car park which i think costs £4 a day in Lower Clarence Road which is only a 3 minute walk from the ground.

As you approach Norwich from any direction the football ground is shown on the large green route signs as you hit the outer ring road called the Southern By Pass.

The away fans pub is The Compleat Angler near the railway station.If you like real ale try The Coach and Horses on Thorpe Road which although is predominently a home pub visitors are welcome even in colours.It does good food as well.There are several other pubs on Riverside where you will have no problems and all those i have mentioned are only at the most 10 minutes from the ground.

Away fans tend to use the car park on Lower Clarence Rd (behind the railway station). It is just a short walk to where the away fans sit in the Jarrold Stand.

I think you now know not to park at Morisson ! You can also use the small industrial area opposite county hall. If you get there early you can park in the road, if not there is an area for about £3 which goes to charidy. Other option as someone has said is to turn right at the roundabout at county hall towards Whitlingham/ Trowse and find somewhere down there.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Morrisons will be open for business until 10pm and is right on top of the ground but it maybe a bit dodgey trying to park there for 4 or 5 hours as you are not shopping.There is a large car park which i think costs £4 a day in Lower Clarence Road which is only a 3 minute walk from the ground.

As you approach Norwich from any direction the football ground is shown on the large green route signs as you hit the outer ring road called the Southern By Pass.

The away fans pub is The Compleat Angler near the railway station.If you like real ale try The Coach and Horses on Thorpe Road which although is predominently a home pub visitors are welcome even in colours.It does good food as well.There are several other pubs on Riverside where you will have no problems and all those i have mentioned are only at the most 10 minutes from the ground.

[/quote]

Would endorse Tilly''s comments - there is the away coach car park on Lower Clarence Road which you could park at and its cheaper than County Hall.  Also endorse Coach and Horses as well as The Fat Cat and Canary.

[quote user="scooter"]Brilliant. Thanks to everyone for your help. I''m keeping my finger crossed for penalties [/quote]

Don''t worry mate i assume the word has not yet reached South Yorks that we are going to get relegated with only 33 games to go.[;)]

Surely you have heard that Holt is over the hill,Morison is lazy,Kane is a raw youngster and Martin is too slow to pass a turd.[:P]

This is tongue in cheek by the way but just look at the doom and gloom all over this messageboard but something still tells me you would swap places with us.

Get there early if possible. Norwich has a wealth of real good pubs ie proper pubs. There is plenty of road side parking, much of which is regulated but free after 6.30, so with the free hour or so before you should have no trouble. Given as it''s not a high profile game I should imagine you will be welcome in most pubs.

As to Morrisons I would point out that we normally get around 25,000 home fans at games. If there was free parking there it would have to be one heck of a car park to accomodate all those who wanted to park for free a few yards from the ground - even the 12 or so thousand at a League Cup game would swamp it.

Otherwise enjoy your day, and don''t worry about penalties. It''s a cup game and anything can happen.

[quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Would endorse Tilly''s comments - there is the away coach car park on Lower Clarence Road which you could park at and its cheaper than County Hall.  Also endorse Coach and Horses as well as The Fat Cat and Canary.

[/quote]Another vote for The Coach and Horses on Thorpe.  They have a match day menu but if there''s any chance to get the pork and leek sausages (if posted on the specials board) get them.  They are simply the best along with a pint or two of CHB Gold.  Getting a boner just thinking about it.  Man I should come home more often.

Hope u enjoy the game scooter! Great to see u travelling to see ur team on a Wednesday in a Mickey Mouse cup. Looking forward to hearing the arm chair fans giving their opinions on the game on this board after the game.

Welcome to the board Scooter and I hope you have a decent day out tomorrow.The nearest place to park is on Lower Clarence Rd which runs alongside the railway line by the station. The away coaches park in there.Costs a fiver but as someone''s already said there''s plenty of free parking on the streets after 6.30pm so if you''re not planning on arriving too soon there''s free spaces on Lower Clarence Rd. There''s also a couple of charity car parks on the same road which charge £3.Regarding pubs there''s plenty to chose from other than the regular away haunt, the Compleat Angler opp the station. The Coach & Horses is good but usually rammed and if you don''t mind missing the real ale the Stracey Hotel almost opposite the Coach & Horses has a non-residents bar ( and probably a seat too ). Other than that there''s plenty of watering holes on Riverside which is also close to the ground.You''ll have no problem getting into pubs with colours tomorrow........the bouncers - if there are any - only stop away fans for high profile games and we''re a pretty friendly bunch anyway.

Thanks again guys. I''m hoping to arrive about half six to give me a bit of time to enjoy the experience. I will be wearing colours as it should be the rule when travelling away. I''ll aim for lower clarence road or the streets near by. Rovers usually raise their game when up against better opposition so don''t expect an easy ride. Nevermind worrying about Suarez on sunday get ready for Chris Brown and (hopefully) Ian Hume !

Park for free on or around Trafford road in evenings, Trafford Arms real ale and sport tv, great atmosphere, walk ten minutes down hill to the ground with the City fans.

[quote user="scooter"]

Thanks again guys. I''m hoping to arrive about half six to give me a bit of time to enjoy the experience. I will be wearing colours as it should be the rule when travelling away. I''ll aim for lower clarence road or the streets near by. Rovers usually raise their game when up against better opposition so don''t expect an easy ride. Nevermind worrying about Suarez on sunday get ready for Chris Brown and (hopefully) Ian Hume !

[/quote]Ah yes, Chris Brown. I didn''t realise he''d signed for his home town club. By all accounts seems to have had his share of off-field antics but never really got going on the pitch while at Norwich. Inevitably scored on his return with PNE of course !! Wouldn''t be too surprised to see him score again tomorrow. Obviously we are strong favourites and I think our new manager takes Cup games more seriously than his predecessor. That said, having watched Norwich fail in knock-out competitions more times than I care to remember, I''m not expecting an easy ride at all.