Sign in to follow this  
Aveit

Lucas Biglia

Which one ? TBH easier to ask again than troll through some of the crap that follows a post !

The situation seems to be this. Biglia has been in one of the European second-tier leagues with Anderlecht for six years, and now (according to what he said earlier) wants to move to a top-tier European league, ideally with a club playing in in the Champions'' League or the Europa League:

"I can leave for €8million in the current market. I agreed this transfer fee myself," Biglia said. "There are clubs ready to pay that amount but they are not better than Anderlecht so for now I focus on this club. I want to at least be playing in Europe."

By Europe he doesn''t mean as opposed to going back to South America. He would be crazy to do that at this stage in his career. He means European competition. The problem is, as The FineCity pointed out, is that if Anderlecht get through the last qualifying round of the Champions'' League (they need to beat AEL by two goals next week) then he will be cup-tied. So Arsenal, for example, who are supposedly interested, would presumably drop out of the running. And the same would probably apply to most of the clubs Biglia would normally consider joining. Under those circumstances it might be he would consider a year with us, to prove himself in the Premier League. IF we are still interested, having brough in Tettey.

He looks to be on the move somewhere, not in the squad today and rumours still doing the rounds in the press. We do seem to be in pole position. I''m not sure what this says for Fox or Johnson if we bring in Biglia as well as Tettey

Latest Twitter rumour claims he is at Carrow Road now for the game. No idea if that''s true or not, but if it is then the signing is nailed on (providing we don''t perform like last week!!)

I''m not sure what this says for Fox or Johnson if we bring in Biglia as well as Tettey

Fox is injured but it says that CH has not been impressed with the john/how son combination. A strong central midfield was missing last year (fox, perceived as lightweight made and won more tackles per game) and manager as acted to shore it up - 32 place with 3/4 competing is good stuff.

Really see this as key to making this a successful season

Todays midfield 4 says why we need more grit in the midfield

pinkunRT: @paddyjdavitt: #ncfc boss delighted 2 get in tettey. reading between the lines I think that is biglia off the list #edp24 #en24 #pinkun