Sign in to follow this  
Mungo Bumpkin

Turnout for Scunny

Just looked at the ticketing bit of the club''s website and there is "Good Availability" all round the ground. The turnout is going to be woeful.So, all those "massive fans" who constantly bleat about not being able to get tickets and campaining for the capacity to be increased to 80,000 -  nows your big chance, put up or shut up. Tenner for adults, quid for kids. No excuse not to go. Cup game with all the thrills and spills that entails. Might get to see Tetty. Scunthorpe are bottom of League 1 so should be there for a thumping and we are due a cup run. 

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"] Scunthorpe are bottom of League 1 so should be there for a thumping and we are due a cup run. [/quote]

Let''s just hope you don''t regret posting this.[:$]

Well am going i always do but to be fair our cup record and performances for years have been dire and i dont really expect a lot different this time around. It may be different under Hughton, hope so i think winning is a habit and can help league form rather than detract from it. Expect virtually a different 11 tonight from saturday. Nice day so i still think we will get about 15000 which isnt bad

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]I''m supremely optomistic and have started drinking at the Guildhall Hill taxi rank already![/quote]

Drinking already?   Just as well there are seats at the ground these days otherwise it will be you that needs the support.........................

The club haven''t given people much reason to go to cup games. I''m going, and if we win the the turnout for the next game will be higher, just as it was against Lecister last season. If I were getting to the match at my normal time, rather than 5 seconds before kick off due to work I''d imagine there would be a huge line outside the ticket office, as there often is for games like this.

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]I''m supremely optomistic and have started drinking at the Guildhall Hill taxi rank already![/quote]

That''s a great place for a sup or two.

Are you on the meths and tonic, or pints of paint stripper?

[quote user="Truculent Trucker"]

That''s a great place for a sup or two.

Are you on the meths and tonic, or pints of paint stripper?

[/quote]

Remember to accessorise; a skinny dog on a piece of string will complete the ''look''...

The other issue that may put people off is that it will be like watching the reserves and you can go to reserve games cheaper than this.

What would be good on arly cup rounds in the evening would be to have earlier kickoffs and make it a family night.

Irrespective of the team fielded, this is a competitive cup match. The result of this match, unlike reserve matches matters and will form part of the club''s historical record.

The summer holidays are still ongoing, it''s not a school night so no reason for kids not attending.

I reckon these early cup games should be set aside for all those screeching women and kids and leave leave the league games for us men! Until the semi-final that is.......

Once the club prove to me it''s commited to winning the cup competitions then Iwill go back and watch after MK Dons and Leicester last season I have better uses for my hard earnt cash.1st  home cup game I''m missing in over 10 seasons

That''s my opinion and I hope all that go tonight see a entertaining goal packed game.

What''s the panic

fans can, and will, simply turn up and pay on the night