Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Hughton MUST know he needs a new striker after tonight?!?.....

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

theres "no point" to my post at all?...other than observing after last night that our back up strikers perhaps can''t be relied upon and unless we adress it within 2 days we will lack the firepower to keep us in the Premiership?....what exactly am I whinging about?

you''ve fluctuated between saying that our striking department isnt good enough to being good enough and now not being again to suit your argument?.....which is it?

Yes ,the striking WAS low on the priority list, whilst IMO we still had Vaughan, but as I''ve said, having witnessed last night, I''m suggesting that it was a bigger priority than we perhaps thought all along?

what exactly is your argument, other than to contradict?

[/quote]
Read it again. I haven''t fluctuated at all. We need another striker, it''s last on the priority list because our defence was terrible last season. How is that hard to comprehend? We are a team that scores goals from everywhere, we had the 7th most prolific team in the Prem last year, we haven''t lost anyone that scored more than a solitary goal last season. We have added Snodgrass and Butterfield who are attacking players that score goals. Yet you''re there bleating on about not enough firepower because you can''t find anything else to whinge about.
You''re whinging we haven''t got a striker in yet, the title of your post implies Hughton hadn''t noticed before that he needs a striker, despite his public comments to the contrary, and the window isn''t even shut yet.
And if anyone is "fluctuating", I think you will find: "here we are 3 days before the window shuts without the one thing that was priority all along ?!" and "Yes ,the striking WAS low on the priority list," are pretty much the epitome of contradicting yourself. Which was it? The highest priority or low on the list? (and before you try to squirm out of that, If it was a priority all along, then it hasn''t just become a priority since Vaughan went, and if it was a priority all along, then as earlier illustrated, defence was the biggest priority.
My point is that this board is full of negatove kn0bs who will use ANY excuse, however inane or nonsensical to slate Hughton and it''s pathetic. Just grow up. I''m leaving this thread now as clearly you lack the basic intellectual capacity to understand an incredibly simple, and obvious situation and I have better things to do than sit here arguing the toss.

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

theres "no point" to my post at all?...other than observing after last night that our back up strikers perhaps can''t be relied upon and unless we adress it within 2 days we will lack the firepower to keep us in the Premiership?....what exactly am I whinging about?

you''ve fluctuated between saying that our striking department isnt good enough to being good enough and now not being again to suit your argument?.....which is it?

Yes ,the striking WAS low on the priority list, whilst IMO we still had Vaughan, but as I''ve said, having witnessed last night, I''m suggesting that it was a bigger priority than we perhaps thought all along?

what exactly is your argument, other than to contradict?

[/quote]

Read it again. I haven''t fluctuated at all. We need another striker, it''s last on the priority list because our defence was terrible last season. How is that hard to comprehend? We are a team that scores goals from everywhere, we had the 7th most prolific team in the Prem last year, we haven''t lost anyone that scored more than a solitary goal last season. We have added Snodgrass and Butterfield who are attacking players that score goals. Yet you''re there bleating on about not enough firepower because you can''t find anything else to whinge about.

You''re whinging we haven''t got a striker in yet, the title of your post implies Hughton hadn''t noticed before that he needs a striker, despite his public comments to the contrary, and the window isn''t even shut yet.

And if anyone is "fluctuating", I think you will find: "here we are 3 days before the window shuts without the one thing that was priority all along ?!" and "Yes ,the striking WAS low on the priority list," are pretty much the epitome of contradicting yourself. Which was it? The highest priority or low on the list? (and before you try to squirm out of that, If it was a priority all along, then it hasn''t just become a priority since Vaughan went, and if it was a priority all along, then as earlier illustrated, defence was the biggest priority.

My point is that this board is full of negatove kn0bs who will use ANY excuse, however inane or nonsensical to slate Hughton and it''s pathetic. Just grow up. I''m leaving this thread now as clearly you lack the basic intellectual capacity to understand an incredibly simple, and obvious situation and I have better things to do than sit here arguing the toss.

[/quote]

Assuming this bing directed at me?...how am i being negative?,how am i slating Hughton?, ....and one last question, if the window shuts and we are left with the pool of strikers we have now ,would YOU be happy?, if not then surely the situation is worthy of discussion on a Norwich City fans forum?.

You clearly cant comprehend that whilst I believed that Vaughan was going to play a major part in our season I didnt think that the striking department was a concern, what I didnt know was that he didnt figure in Hughton''s plans...how could I??, so with that  being the case it was a higher priority than I would have known.

Please dont come back you blithering imbecile.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]No point trying to defend Martin I''m afraid Fnasher, some people see what they want when it comes to him. Doeant matter that he was putting in effort all game, getting involved I attacking movements and trying to get into goal scoring positions because he''s a league one striker, lazy and people only like him because he''s a ''local lad''...Here you go again![/quote]

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="kick it off"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I''m fairly sure he knew that already, probably before he let Vaughan go.[/quote]

if thats the case I''m a little concerned that having made 7 signings this summer in every other conceivable position, here we are 3 days before the window shuts without the one thing that was priority all along ?!?!?

[/quote]

For god''s sake, do shut up. IF we don''t sign a striker by Saturday morning then whinge, bitch and moan to your heart''s content, however between now and then we have THE BUSIEST 72 hours of the transfer window when a lot of deals are done.

Hughton knows we need a striker, Hughton has been actively pursuing strikers, and Hughton will have a shiny new striker for us by 11pm Friday. Hughton is not a moron, he wouldn''t let Vaughan go unless he was certain he could get someone else in, pretty obviously.

The one thing that was a priority all along? Forgive me if I''m wrong, but scoring goals hasn''t been an issue for us for at least 3 years, however shipping them by the bucketload at the other end was a MASSIVE problem, and as such, sorting the defence out was only around 1000000000000 x more important than another striker. Can you really not work that out?

Certain elements of this messageboard will truly find an excuse to whinge about anything.

[/quote]

in case you hadnt realised, i''ll remind you that the season has already started?.....we''ve already let 2 points go against QPR because we didnt have good enough cover on the bench to bring on when fresh legs were required.

[/quote].so , hughton wants player A or player B, but their clubs are reluctant to sell until they have replacements lined up. hughton then buys player C , who he doesn''t want or rate, just to stop morons whingeing on message boards. the reason the end of the window is so frenetic is because of the first part of this post, everyone waiting for the right deals to be in place.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

Assuming this bing directed at me?...how am i being negative?,how am i slating Hughton?, ....and one last question, if the window shuts and we are left with the pool of strikers we have now ,would YOU be happy?, if not then surely the situation is worthy of discussion on a Norwich City fans forum?.

You clearly cant comprehend that whilst I believed that Vaughan was going to play a major part in our season I didnt think that the striking department was a concern, what I didnt know was that he didnt figure in Hughton''s plans...how could I??, so with that  being the case it was a higher priority than I would have known.

[/quote]
I''m a blithering imbecile because you''re a bit thick? Right, well done.
No I wouldn''t be happy, IF we don''t sign a striker, but the situation isn''t worth discussing when it''s entirely hypothetical and frankly highly unlikely.
Again, I repeat. 7th most prolific team in the Prem last year, we have lost wilby who scored 1 goal, Drury who scored zero goals and Vaughan who scored 0 goals and barely kicked a ball. We have added Snodgrass and Butterfield who are both goal scorers. Explain how that makes a striker situation a high priority, compared with our defence? because to anyone with half a brain and a bit of common sense, it doesn''t. If everything else is a higher priority (Def, Def mid) and having already added some goals and attacking flair to the team, then that makes striker a last priority. Which we have the busiest period of the transfer window to concentrate on. This really isn''t difficult to understand.
There''s only one imbecile here and it certainly isn''t me.

God some people do go on ,i have to agree in a way Martin and Morrison are just not up to it i see the guys worries along with the worries of Holt not being on it

Why is it with this forum everyone is expected to only say nice things that dont upset the regulars

2-1 is not exactly great score for us last night considering them players would at some point have to come in and play in the prem

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

I''m a blithering imbecile because you''re a bit thick? Right, well done.

No I wouldn''t be happy, IF we don''t sign a striker, but the situation isn''t worth discussing when it''s entirely hypothetical and frankly highly unlikely.

Again, I repeat. 7th most prolific team in the Prem last year, we have lost wilby who scored 1 goal, Drury who scored zero goals and Vaughan who scored 0 goals and barely kicked a ball. We have added Snodgrass and Butterfield who are both goal scorers. Explain how that makes a striker situation a high priority, compared with our defence? because to anyone with half a brain and a bit of common sense, it doesn''t. If everything else is a higher priority (Def, Def mid) and having already added some goals and attacking flair to the team, then that makes striker a last priority. Which we have the busiest period of the transfer window to concentrate on. This really isn''t difficult to understand.

There''s only one imbecile here and it certainly isn''t me.

[/quote]

Thank god you came back despite protestations that you wouldnt !!!!.

note to Admin, apparantly all things Norwich City are no longer worthy of any discussion , on a discussion forum - please take this whole website down.

yes ,you can keep throwing the 7 th most prolific team stat around as much as you like. but surely you can see than the landscape has changed since then?

Upon closer inspection we can see the huge difference in Morison''s performance in the 2nd half of the season to the 1st? (and indeed fell behind Wilbraham in the pecking order during that time).....how confident are you that he will recapture his 1st half form over his 2nd?...take Morison out of the equation., we are desperatlely short.

I sense CH may be keeping his powder dry here; at Spurs & Newcastle he was used to working with significant talent – can’t imagine he’ll be at all comfortable with a lower standard of striker in the Prem now he’s with us!

We were 7th highest scorers last season burt it does not mean we are capable of it again this year. Holtis a year older, but is still our best bet.jackson looks lively and contributes a great deal although he does miss a lot of chances as well. Morisson did make a big contribution in the first half of last season but doesnt look quite right, not sure why. The midfield on paper should get at least 20 between them, but again time will tell.The defence was a major area of weakness and it was essentail that area was Hughtons top priority and we will be a lot better now. I am sure he has striking options up his sleave and we will soon know who. If he doesnt then we could be well behind the pack come January

We were 7th top scorers last year but so far THIS season we are second lowest for shots,  and the only team below us have only played one game!

Morison was good enough last season,  and is likely to pitch in again this year - even if his performance in a second rate cup was second rate. 

We do have limitations up front;  we are currently shot shy and creating little.    Holt does not get to peak form until Oct,   Morison is out of form and Martin not quite good enough.  Jackson is the only option with pace in the squad.   That summary appears to be the concensus right now.   That summary is enough to be concerned about our current striking options - we are two options down on last season (no vaughan did not play much or score and wilbraham only got one,  but if its jackson injured this season who is our back up?? we dont have them)

Last time I looked this was a discussion board to share thoughts on the team;   suddenly expressing concerns or an opinion (on defenders, midfielders,  Holt or Morisons weight effort or attitude, squad composition) is deemed either negative,  binner or worse.    I dont know of a regular contributor on here who is not for the NCFC;  whether you are glass half full or glass half empty neither has the upper hand in being the better fan - time for a lot more tolerance of fellow fans views.

Hughton knows this and must surely has a deal close cause otherwise he wouldn''t let Vaughen go otherwise!

Last night we saw why Chris Martin is a miles of being good enough to make any sort of impression in the top flight!

Yes, nice touches and all that but hes never going to be a threat cause of his lack of pace and doesn''t upset the oppositions defence one bit. Anyone that gets blinkered by his nice passing should look at his end product which is very little. A guy said to me last night a thought that is very relevent to Chris Martin - "If he was that good why did Palace choose Wilbraham instead of Martin?"

As for Morison, the stats from last season shows he done a job but he is so frustrating at times, although if he produeces what he done last season then he''ll of done a decent enought job!

["Gingerpele"]No point trying to defend Martin I''m afraid Fnasher, some people see what they want when it comes to him. Doeant matter that he was putting in effort all game, getting involved I attacking movements and trying to get into goal scoring positions because he''s a league one striker, lazy and people only like him because he''s a ''local lad''...

Yes he was putting in effort all game, getting involved and trying to get into goal scoring positions but quite simply hes not good enough and all those clinging onto to the hope that he will come good are dreaming about something that nots going to happen cause he not all a sudden going to discover his long lost Usain Bolt like pace!

I think he maybe has been lazy at times but most of the time when people say that its cause he isn''t very quick and looks idle!

If we''d of signed Chris Martin in the previous 2 seasons he''d of already likely been gone from the club and those blinkered souls who thinks hes going to produce the goods for us in the Premiership would no doubt have a different opinion of him!

Done well in his very early days (half a season), done very well in the League 1 campaign, contributed to the promotion campaign but ultimately his level is mid to lower Championship at best. If we play like a mid to lower Championship side this season, we''ll get relegated!

The previous management team were renowned for their good judgement and soon shipped him out last season. I hope the present lot suss him out and make sure hes nowhere near our first 15-16!