Sign in to follow this  
Hubbardio

Tottenham away thread

So who''s off to Spurs on Saturday then? Hope there''s a fair few of us and we make it a great away day. Same result as last year would be handy too!

On to the important matters though.........

There are 10 of us going to the game and will be hitting London at 11.20 so..........where are we heading for a beer!? Anyone know any good pubs near the ground? Away bars? We''re thinking better to hit some central bars first then hit the ground at 2ish? Anyone got any good tales of previous visits??

Cheers!

Sounds like you are getting the 9.30am rattler to Liverpool Street so if that is the case first stop must be Hamilton Hall at Liverpool Street.Pubs around White Hart Lane are not away friendly.

The Lordship on Lordship Lane was brilliant last year and virtually all away fans. Definitely recommend that and will beheading there again on Saturday.

Otbc

[quote user="flecky76"]The Lordship on Lordship Lane was brilliant last year and virtually all away fans. Definitely recommend that and will beheading there again on Saturday. Otbc[/quote]

I think I''d rather get my head kicked in....

[;)]

Thanks Flecky.

Football ground guide recommends:

''The best place for away fans to get a drink is the Harringey Irish club on the Pretoria Rd which is opposite White Hart Lane station. It has two large bars showing Sky Sports, offers reasonably priced food and you can also park there for £10''

And

the Elmhust on Lordship Lane, which is about a ten minute walk away from the ground. It is large mock tudor style looking pub with 4 or 5 Sky Sports screens. There were home fans and away fans in colours mixing with out any problems. Prices were okay too (for London)''.

And

''The Three Compasses which is situated in Queen Street (behind Middlesex University), which is a five minute walk from White Hart Lane Station''

Anyone been to any of them?

could be a great time to play Spurs, Modric leaving couldnt have come at a better time !Still hate Chimp Boy Bale and we still owe that Vile Boas chap from last season. Scummy Mourinho wannabe !

Good afternoon all,London based canary (season ticket holder in the Jarrold).I am very keen to get a ticket for the game this weekend, anyone have one going spare? Will pay face value plus cost of a pint on top!Dan

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]could be a great time to play Spurs, Modric leaving couldnt have come at a better time !

Still hate Chimp Boy Bale and we still owe that Vile Boas chap from last season. Scummy Mourinho wannabe !
[/quote]

... and I thought it was a good time to play Fulham as Dempsey was not playing. We always seem to let ourselves down in these circumstances.

Hubbardio, if the Football ground guide is suggesting the Irish centre is a good place to have a drink then its obviously written by OAPs...I speak from experience.

check the pics...

http://www.haringey-irish.com/gallerypics2/index.htm

not my idea of a day out!

Hahahahaha oh my lunch!!

That, Spencer my friend, is feckin hilarious! I think I may try and bring the train forward so we can hit it Friday night, their might be cribbage on or something!!

Thanks for sharing that mate, most defo giving that a swerve. Think it may be a case of hitting Covent garden ( walkabout bar or similar) then heading over in time for kick off.

Really can''t wait!

Dembele is looking likely to sign for Spurs in time for Saturday - let''s hope he has less influence on proceedings than at Craven Cottage.

Seems Spurs are being linked with just about anyone with a pulse at the moment.

Dembele (bid accepted)

Yann M''Vila

Moutinho

Alan Dzagoev

Willian

Even Man U pair Nani & Andrerson.

Obviously can be taken as a positive or negative depending if you''re a glass half full or empty kinda guy. Great to bring quality players in but of course the flip side is introducing a good few at once could put others noses out of joint and will they need time to gel. We will soon see I guess.

Saying that wouldn''t have minded Dembele here!!

Great news is it''s 3000 seat away end sell out!! Should be a cracking atmosphere with the weather supposedly good too!

Think we''re hitting Covent Garden pre match.

So let the beers flow and the 3 points come home safely with us......via a few more post match bars!

There is a new bar in Liverpool St station but you cant smoke... where are most of the green army drinking before the game, Covent Garden sounds like a good option - is it easy to get up to shite hart lane from there?? 

Not sure where is good around the ground itself, any suggestions would be appreciated!  

Did anyone drive there last season? Wheres the best place to park as Football ground Guide says they can charge up to £15 at the ground!

My first game of the season this, hope we come away with the same result as last.

When we played Arsenal away last year, I parked at the Theydon Bois train station and got the tube into London that way.If I remember correctly parking was £3/4 and it only cost us £7 or 8 for the tube ticket.Maybe worth a shot for people who are driving to the game?

The club have announced the team will be playing in the away strip (as last year).  Hope that''s a good omen although the shirt is now black.

[quote user="HerefordCanary"]Did anyone drive there last season? Wheres the best place to park as Football ground Guide says they can charge up to £15 at the ground!

My first game of the season this, hope we come away with the same result as last.[/quote]

Hey HC have a look on page 1 where I posted about what pubs to go to, one had parking for a tenner. Since turns out the pub is a bit like gods waiting room but the parking could be handy for u.

''The best place for away fans to get a drink is the Harringey Irish club on the Pretoria Rd which is opposite White Hart Lane station. It has two large bars showing Sky Sports, offers reasonably priced food and you can also park there for £10''

[quote user="Hubbardio"][quote user="HerefordCanary"]Did anyone drive there last season? Wheres the best place to park as Football ground Guide says they can charge up to £15 at the ground!

My first game of the season this, hope we come away with the same result as last.[/quote]

Hey HC have a look on page 1 where I posted about what pubs to go to, one had parking for a tenner. Since turns out the pub is a bit like gods waiting room but the parking could be handy for u.

''The best place for away fans to get a drink is the Harringey Irish club on the Pretoria Rd which is opposite White Hart Lane station. It has two large bars showing Sky Sports, offers reasonably priced food and you can also park there for £10''[/quote]

Great, Thanks.