Sign in to follow this  
tom cavendish

Rickie Lambert rumour

A couple of months ago Hughton said “I think you can carry on [scoring goals] and I fully expect Ricky

Lambert to carry on scoring goals in the Premier League next season."Paul Trollope once signed Rickie Lambert and was his manager for a few years.

[quote user="tom cavendish"]A couple of months ago Hughton said “I think you can carry on [scoring goals] and I fully expect Ricky Lambert to carry on scoring goals in the Premier League next season."

Paul Trollope once signed Rickie Lambert and was his manager for a few years.

[/quote]

Isn''t this just a case of 2+2=5.35427967654??

Why would Southampton sell their star striker? Everyone expects him to do a Holt. They are well off, can pay him more than we can. To be honest if he were going to move, it would have been last summer, or the season before.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Why would Southampton sell their star striker? Everyone expects him to do a Holt. They are well off, can pay him more than we can. To be honest if he were going to move, it would have been last summer, or the season before.[/quote]Perhaps he wants a 3 year contract?[:P]

"Why would Southampton sell their star striker?"

So he could teach at Carrow Road and be leased back to the Saints at a peppercorn rent, while letting his house to some students who could fly into Norwich airport from Southampton to study at the new campus at Costessey showground

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Why would Southampton sell their star striker? Everyone expects him to do a Holt. They are well off, can pay him more than we can. To be honest if he were going to move, it would have been last summer, or the season before.[/quote]Southampton spent £6m - £7m on Jay Rodriguez so they might not think of Lambert as their star striker. Perhaps Lambert wants a better contract as his last one was signed when they were promoted to the Championship.

Rickie Lambert is just a light weight Grant Holt! Not Thanks, we''ve had one Lambert no more now.

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="Gingerpele"]Why would Southampton sell their star striker? Everyone expects him to do a Holt. They are well off, can pay him more than we can. To be honest if he were going to move, it would have been last summer, or the season before.[/quote]Southampton spent £6m - £7m on Jay Rodriguez so they might not think of Lambert as their star striker. Perhaps Lambert wants a better contract as his last one was signed when they were promoted to the Championship.[/quote]
Only you could possibly think this is true.

[quote user="Scooby"][quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="Gingerpele"]Why would Southampton sell their star striker? Everyone expects him to do a Holt. They are well off, can pay him more than we can. To be honest if he were going to move, it would have been last summer, or the season before.[/quote]Southampton spent £6m - £7m on Jay Rodriguez so they might not think of Lambert as their star striker. Perhaps Lambert wants a better contract as his last one was signed when they were promoted to the Championship.[/quote]
[/quote]Are you seriously claiming that Southampton didn''t sign Jay Rodriguez or that Rickie Lambert wouldn''t want a better contract than the one he signed before the start of their Championship season?

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="Scooby"][quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="Gingerpele"]Why would Southampton sell their star striker? Everyone expects him to do a Holt. They are well off, can pay him more than we can. To be honest if he were going to move, it would have been last summer, or the season before.[/quote]

Southampton spent £6m - £7m on Jay Rodriguez so they might not think of Lambert as their star striker. Perhaps Lambert wants a better contract as his last one was signed when they were promoted to the Championship.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Are you seriously claiming that Southampton didn''t sign Jay Rodriguez or that Rickie Lambert wouldn''t want a better contract than the one he signed before the start of their Championship season?
[/quote]

Perhaps Saints simply want Lambert to prove himself before offering a Prem level contract.  

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="Scooby"][quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="Gingerpele"]Why would Southampton sell their star striker? Everyone expects him to do a Holt. They are well off, can pay him more than we can. To be honest if he were going to move, it would have been last summer, or the season before.[/quote]Southampton spent £6m - £7m on Jay Rodriguez so they might not think of Lambert as their star striker. Perhaps Lambert wants a better contract as his last one was signed when they were promoted to the Championship.[/quote]
[/quote]Are you seriously claiming that Southampton didn''t sign Jay Rodriguez or that Rickie Lambert wouldn''t want a better contract than the one he signed before the start of their Championship season? [/quote]
I said that didn''t I. Mmmm, er no.  Your assumption, however veiled, that Lambert would leave Southampton, after all the hard work, and go to newly relegated Blackburn on the basis of a better contract is, like that majority of your posts, quite ridiculous. I also expect that everyone at Southampton regards Lambert as their no.1 striker.

"like that majority of your posts, quite ridiculous"

this to a man who amongst many things claimed he was not only, and had been, a top football scout as well as running a highly successful business - at the same time as drafting up some feasibilty study to develop Carrow Road whilst building a new ground at the Uni or Costessey showground

I think the word fantasist springs to mind

[quote user="Scooby"][quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="Scooby"][quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="Gingerpele"]Why would Southampton sell their star striker? Everyone expects him to do a Holt. They are well off, can pay him more than we can. To be honest if he were going to move, it would have been last summer, or the season before.[/quote]Southampton spent £6m - £7m on Jay Rodriguez so they might not think of Lambert as their star striker. Perhaps Lambert wants a better contract as his last one was signed when they were promoted to the Championship.[/quote]
[/quote]Are you seriously claiming that Southampton didn''t sign Jay Rodriguez or that Rickie Lambert wouldn''t want a better contract than the one he signed before the start of their Championship season? [/quote]
I said that didn''t I. Mmmm, er no.  Your assumption, however veiled, that Lambert would leave Southampton, after all the hard work, and go to newly relegated Blackburn on the basis of a better contract is, like that majority of your posts, quite ridiculous. I also expect that everyone at Southampton regards Lambert as their no.1 striker.
[/quote]Rickie Lambert has spent the vast majority of his career in the lower leagues and he will be 31 years old in February. He last signed a contract with Southampton after they had won promotion from League 1. He then went on to score 31 goals last season. Southampton are looking to sign players on enormous wages. Do you not think that Lambert might want a much better contract, particularly as his mate Holt at Norwich has managed to get one?

Lambert would just be more of what we already have , we need two new strikers with a bit of class about them or we will go down .