Sign in to follow this  
Block Y Seat 176

Who's going to replace Carroll in the England Squad?

[quote user="haisbrohacker"]With Rooney out also any ideas who could fill the gap? H[/quote]

well it won''t be anyone from Norwich, he will probably go for someone like Fletcher, He''s had 1 good game this season

Defoe and probably Crouch to get a recall.Or even Zamora.Enough to strike fear in the hearts of the opposition[:S]

I think that we are all resigned to the fact that the ''elephant'' won''t be getting a call from Woy.[:''(]

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Steven Fletcher the Scottish International? Agree with the above, it''ll be Bent.[/quote]

I know he''s Scottish, I said someone like him, having 1 decent game.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]You mean like Andy Carroll last year, and that wasn''t even a whole game, it was about 20 minutes![/quote]

Yher if you like it''s what I was getting at,

The forwards were Carroll

(Liverpool), Defoe (Tottenham), Sturridge (Chelsea), Welbeck (Man Utd).I suppose the only options remaining to replace Carroll are Zamora or maybe Bent........or Holt?! I know who I''d choose, and it isn''t the first two.

[quote user="paul moy"]It won''t be Holt....  Zamora has scored 2, Holt 0.    [/quote]

Zamora''s first choice then.....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="paul moy"]It won''t be Holt....  Zamora has scored 2, Holt 0.    [/quote]

[/quote]

Well, he is already capped and on form so I would think given the choice Zamora is ahead.  Holt will get his chance once he starts scoring IMO.  

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Well, he is already capped and on form so I would think given the choice Zamora is ahead.  Holt will get his chance once he starts scoring IMO.  

[/quote]

Sorry Paul. What I mean is Zamora''s the only Englishman who''s scored 2 goals so he''ll be first choice to start. Unless they actually pick the team on another criteria.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry Paul. What I mean is Zamora''s the only Englishman who''s scored 2 goals so he''ll be first choice to start. Unless they actually pick the team on another criteria.

[/quote]

Indeed, and surely Woy will pick on current form.

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Indeed, and surely Woy will pick on current form.

[/quote]

Yes and Make a footballing decision

I don''t think an encroached penalty rebound that he should have been penalised for and a free header from half a yard makes Zamora in form. He did very little else at Carrow Road last week other than win a couple of uncontested headers, and admittedly I only saw the highlights but I didn''t see him do anything else of note yesterday either.

Plus if being top scorer guaranteed you an England call up would have gone to the Euro''s.

I might well be biased but I''d have Holt over Zamora every single time.

We shall see. Holty had an assist yesterday and made another couple of chances for others. His contribution is not measured on goals alone. In fact I would say just using the premier league goalscorers chart is not a balanced football decision. It''s more like a Pink Un message board decision[;)]

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]I don''t think an encroached penalty rebound that he should have been penalised for and a free header from half a yard makes Zamora in form. He did very little else at Carrow Road last week other than win a couple of uncontested headers, and admittedly I only saw the highlights but I didn''t see him do anything else of note yesterday either. Plus if being top scorer guaranteed you an England call up would have gone to the Euro''s. I might well be biased but I''d have Holt over Zamora every single time.[/quote]

No. You''re right Mr. There''s footballing decisions. And then there''s making a decision and then looking for football reasons that support it.

Don''t forget Rickie Lambert. He''s scored two now so no doubt will be considered before Holt. Zamora is a ghastly thought, would prefer Crouch if anyone other than Holt.

[quote user="Gnasher"]Don''t forget Rickie Lambert. He''s scored two now so no doubt will be considered before Holt. Zamora is a ghastly thought, would prefer Crouch if anyone other than Holt.[/quote]

Zamora is favourite IMO as he has already played under Hodgson for Fulham but Lambert is obviously in with a shout also before Holt.

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Gnasher"]Don''t forget Rickie Lambert. He''s scored two now so no doubt will be considered before Holt. Zamora is a ghastly thought, would prefer Crouch if anyone other than Holt.[/quote]

Zamora is favourite IMO as he has already played under Hodgson for Fulham but Lambert is obviously in with a shout also before Holt.

[/quote]

Sooooo

If the team is picked for footballing reasons then the goalkeeper will be the one who has conceded least goals in the few games they have played this season. As will the back four and defensive midfield. And attacking midfield and forwards will be those who have scored most goals.

Woy''s team next week will be interesting to say the least..