Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

I'm ruling out:-

Well you didn''t answer any of my original questions you just posted stupid "retorts" because you''d rather do that than face the reality that it will go down in history that YOU! Yes YOU! Suggested we buy Michael Owen at 32 with the record he''s got. Then you laugh at ME! As if you have a leg to stand on.

How about stop slagging off lappin and Martin, forget about a player that we were never interested in, would never have signed and would have been rubbish anyway and back the goddam team for once in your life.

[quote user="marvin the martian"]I''d like to know why Elliott Ward was given a contract when we didn''t have a manager. That''s certainly come back to bite us on the bum.[/quote]

Yes true. The same goes for retaining the other two "legends" rather than try to place them elsewhere. Financial prudence seems to have gone out of the window for a while during those crucial Summer weeks. It might well be costly.

Pathetic that he put premier league anyway

Probably shouted "DOESNT COUNT! DOESNT COUNT!" at the radio when Simon lappin scored in the cup the other night.

[quote user="Steady On..."]Well you didn''t answer any of my original questions you just posted stupid "retorts" because you''d rather do that than face the reality that it will go down in history that YOU! Yes YOU! Suggested we buy Michael Owen at 32 with the record he''s got. Then you laugh at ME! As if you have a leg to stand on. How about stop slagging off lappin and Martin, forget about a player that we were never interested in, would never have signed and would have been rubbish anyway and back the goddam team for once in your life.[/quote]

Ugh?

I give up. The illogicality of your imput leaves me totally bemused.

Neither can I not comprehend your distinct ability at mis-interpreting or mis-representing what I, or others, have said.

You appear to have your own pre-conceived agenda and logical discussion becomes impossible for most when faced with that. 

Clearly, we''re both "idiots" as you so delicately put it.

YAWN!

You want Michael Owen, that''s a fact, everything else you add means nothing because of afforementioned comment

And from a quick glance through these boards it seems you''d heskey as well, which backs me up all the more in my "idiot" assessment.

[quote user="Steady On..."]YAWN! You want Michael Owen, that''s a fact, everything else you add means nothing because of afforementioned comment And from a quick glance through these boards it seems you''d heskey as well, which backs me up all the more in my "idiot" assessment.[/quote]

Double yawn.

Read my OP again boyo. I distinctly said that the wages for the two passengers would have been better spent on somebody like Owen, who would possibly get goals that would contribute to our survival.

I have no strong opinions about Owen''s acquisition either way, but have about retaining obvious duds on the payroll

Like I said, you have a pre-conceived agenda as well as either a vivid imagination or an extremely short memory span.

I''m just overjoyed that we''ve got experts like you to judge certain players as "passengers", so good to have someone to make that characterisation. Your clueless.

[quote user="No Swoop Done"]

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Chris Martin ever scoring another goal in the Premier League.[/quote]

At least get it correct if you''re going to groan.

[/quote]

Nice point. Thanks.

Hardly groaning, more expressing a view as to the best use of our financial resources. I like the Spaniard to bits but do not see him as being needed on the payroll now.

No Prem. goals yet despite all the chances Lambert gave him (or didn''t because of his lack of managerial nous?)

I do not understand the logic of signing a player that for the 3 previous seasons before this present one scored only 5 league goals in total. You might sell extra shirts with his name on but for me that would be the main impact if he came to Carrow Road. He''d have the shirts off our backs alright!

H

[quote user="Steady On..."]I''m just overjoyed that we''ve got experts like you to judge certain players as "passengers", so good to have someone to make that characterisation. Your clueless.[/quote]

I''m just surprised that you can see over the top of that hole you''ve gradually dug for yourself enough to spell that word correctly, despite using it in the wrong context completely.

Then again, I''m clueless.

You know you''ve won when grandad corrects your spelling

Now let''s return to the fact you''d like to see heskey and "someone like" Owen up front at Norwich city football club.

[quote user="Steady On..."]You know you''ve won when grandad corrects your spelling Now let''s return to the fact you''d like to see heskey and "someone like" Owen up front at Norwich city football club.[/quote]

I complimented you on spelling the word correctly, I am not sur that I can now do likewise about your ability to read or comprehend the written word.

Remind me, when did I advocate Heskey? Or are you making things up again? You little tinker.  

On the main thread about emile heskey... Obviously

You say he''d be a good influence on Kane, total rubbish.

He''d be a "passenger" in my opinion but maybe I should ask the expert!

Is this a private argument or can anyone join in?   

Imo, Lappin and Martin are useful back up.  We may need them   if injuries occur.   Wouldn''t expect them to set the world on fire - but equally I don''t think they would let us down either. 

Oh and Steady On - in case no one else says it - bog off!

[quote user="marvin the martian"]I''d like to know why Elliott Ward was given a contract when we didn''t have a manager. That''s certainly come back to bite us on the bum.[/quote]

Something in the back of my mind says that Ward had the option to extend his current contract and although we were managerless at the time the club were duty bound to honour that clause in his contract which was written when he was originally signed.

[quote user="Steady On..."]On the main thread about emile heskey... Obviously You say he''d be a good influence on Kane, total rubbish. He''d be a "passenger" in my opinion but maybe I should ask the expert![/quote]

To suggest Heskey (as an experienced international) might be that is a perfectly valid point. It''s not exactly going over the top about getting him on-board. How would you or I know otherwise?

In one of your previous postings on this thread you mentioned something about "winning."

This is a serious debate about the best use of our Club''s financial resources. There are no winners or losers, just differing opinions on the matter.

Talking about winning and insulting others who do not see things the same way as you is both risible and irrelevant.

This Board should not be used as a vehicle to insult others.  

Frankly it''s worth insulting a few opinions because this board has grown wild to the point where someone is ostracised for saying emile heskey is not a viable option.

Like I said, the opinions voiced on this forum are often posted by the divisive members of our support. The Morison bashers and canary caller ilk. Clueless.

[quote user="Steady On..."]Frankly it''s worth insulting a few opinions because this board has grown wild to the point where someone is ostracised for saying emile heskey is not a viable option. Like I said, the opinions voiced on this forum are often posted by the divisive members of our support. The Morison bashers and canary caller ilk. Clueless.[/quote]

I hardly made sense of a word of that. I have highlighted a few of your choicest. "Ostracised?" I have given you lot''s of my time. Too much in fact.

You have, single handedly reduced this thread to street corner boy debate. I now go to my cricket, you plan your evening accordingly.

It has been most enjoyable for me, but I get the distinct impression that you will never be able to work out why. 

[quote user="zemas tendon"]I have just Yawned again.............. is that how you spell Yawned!![/quote]

Yes. In full agreement this time around.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[quote user="Steady On..."]Frankly it''s worth insulting a few opinions because this board has grown wild to the point where someone is ostracised for saying emile heskey is not a viable option. Like I said, the opinions voiced on this forum are often posted by the divisive members of our support. The Morison bashers and canary caller ilk. Clueless.[/quote]

I hardly made sense of a word of that. I have highlighted a few of your choicest. "Ostracised?" I have given you lot''s of my time. Too much in fact.

You have, single handedly reduced this thread to street corner boy debate. I now go to my cricket, you plan your evening accordingly.

It has been most enjoyable for me, but I get the distinct impression that you will never be able to work out why. 

[/quote]

Do you take cucumber sandwiches for your afternoon dinner!!

FWIW my view is that if we break the bank to get in a marquee forward, we upset the wage structure by having that person paying a lot more than everyone else, and lose the team cohesion that has been so crucial for us the last few years.  The guy coming in might feel he''s doing us a favour by gracing us with his presence so never really performs like he can.

So ironically this move could actually end up undermining the team and getting us relegated, as much as the reverse.  Of course we''ll never know without access to an alternate universe, this is just my take on why it''s not as easy as saying "let''s break the bank with a big signing and we''ll be safe".  So personally I''d rather keep Lappin and Chris Martin as squad cover.

As far as Michael Owen goes, as well as the above it''s no secret that he''s solidly based in the North-West so a club like Stoke was always the logical destination - I don''t think he''d want to trek over to Norfolk every week.

[quote user="lake district canary"]

Imo, Lappin and Martin are useful back up.  We may need them   if injuries occur.   Wouldn''t expect them to set the world on fire - but equally I don''t think they would let us down either. 

[/quote]

I am sorry, ldc but these damning-with-faint-praise phrases utterly fail your own "Everything is absolutely wonderful" test. I''m afraid you are in danger of being banned for aiding the enemy unless you can show that this was an aberration and from on will return  to posting your usual blind and much-loved optimism...[;)][:D][;)]

[quote user="CDMullins"]I dont believe that Stoke are only paying £25k a week. Of course Jackson/Martin arnt better than Owen, but id rather have them 2, than Owen. Based on injury record and my belief that Owen would want much more than £25k.[/quote][url]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/stoke-city/9520735/Michael-Owen-joins-Stoke-after-agreeing-a-12-month-deal.html[/url]Go argue with sources like the Telegraph about it then.In truth the only people who definitely know what Owen is on per week are Owen himself and the finance team at Stoke, but I''m more inclined to accept sensible reports from the press than some guy on a message board.As for Owen ''dropping down'' a league to get regular games to show his ''passion'', you don''t drop down unless you don''t think you''re good enough anymore, and Owen clearly feels he is, as do Stoke for that matter...