Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

I'm ruling out:-

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[IMG]http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Steeljedi/chill-pill2.gif[/IMG]

Try one of these Steady On it might just help.

[/quote]

How do I get one of those pills tilly? I presume you still have some contacts in the black market from your copper days?

[quote user="Steady On..."]I find it infuriating that I have to justify that CMS would fit us better than a 32 year old crocked Michael Owen.[/quote]For a start you can''t justify it, you can simply give a reasoned opinion as to why you think that would be the case, and we weren''t talking about signing a ''crocked'' Owen, we were talking about signing one who''s currently fully fit.[quote]I can throw all manner of stats at you but whats the point[/quote]Very little because you won''t have many stats that are genuinely relevant, and only one I can immediaely think of which will beat Owen''s.CMS hasn''t played in the top flight, has been average at the level below and only prolific at L1 level or lower, and no matter what career stats you pull for him he doesn''t measure up to Owen.The only stat that does go more in CMS''s favour is his superior injury record to Owen''s - that''s it.[quote]it''s clearly obvious to the people that aren''t stupid that Owen was an option that never would have happened. Part of that was financial, part of that was having a manager that isn''t a vegetable.[/quote]Then back to your usual rude and insulting comments[quote]We didn''t increase our offer because any more would have been more of a risk, it''s very simple. 3m is a number you''ve pulled out of the air as well professor, it could have been 1m plus add ons or whatever. He wouldn''t be on 25K either.[/quote]Apart from the fact that numerous sections of the press have reported the figure at the 3 mil mark, and neither Brighton nor Norwich has seen fit to deny this, here''s one example:[url]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2196074/Craig-Mackail-Smith-bid-Norwich-rejected.html[/url]As for the wages, we may not have offered CMS 25k a week, but that''s not the point that I or Purple are making, even with Owen''s likely higher wages and bonuses, he''d have cost less for a year than the equivalent cost of CMS (based on a 3 year deal at approx 15k a week).What''s more funny is how you view your opinion being the only sensible one (despite never backing it up with any sort of sane and justified reasoning), whereas the stats that can''t be argued with and are indeed factual - you class as ''garbage'', frankly you''re just making yourself look more stupid and inflammatory with each post, and you should really quit whilst you''re behind...

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]I know some will pull stuff out about CMS being played as a lone striker last season and needing a strike partner etc, but he had much the same returns the last time he was in the CCC, and that was when he wasn''t being played as a lone striker and did have a strike partner![/quote]The Brighton fans were gutted when it was mooted that he might be joining us. Although he hadn''t been scoring that many, it was his all round game they seemed to love, and felt it could be improved with the right strike partner. These are the views of one Brighton fan......."...played for weak pboro team and a bha team that didn''t play to his strengths.

i think CMS would be more effective playing off a central target man

from left or right - as David Villa plays. he naturally wants to run

and chase, and watching him the other night drifting right and running

at players, i couldn''t help thinking he just needed that central link

player to work off. so doesn''t necessarily need to be a 2 upfront

formation"I watched CMS a lot when he was at Peterborough and I still feel he would be a perfect foil for Holt and Morison. He has the determination and tenacity of Jackson but is a much better finisher. I think we''ll be back in for him in January.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Indy_Bones"]I know some will pull stuff out about CMS being played as a lone striker last season and needing a strike partner etc, but he had much the same returns the last time he was in the CCC, and that was when he wasn''t being played as a lone striker and did have a strike partner![/quote]The Brighton fans were gutted when it was mooted that he might be joining us. Although he hadn''t been scoring that many, it was his all round game they seemed to love, and felt it could be improved with the right strike partner. These are the views of one Brighton fan......."...played for weak pboro team and a bha team that didn''t play to his strengths.

i think CMS would be more effective playing off a central target man

from left or right - as David Villa plays. he naturally wants to run

and chase, and watching him the other night drifting right and running

at players, i couldn''t help thinking he just needed that central link

player to work off. so doesn''t necessarily need to be a 2 upfront

formation"I watched CMS a lot when he was at Peterborough and I still feel he would be a perfect foil for Holt and Morison. He has the determination and tenacity of Jackson but is a much better finisher. I think we''ll be back in for him in January.[/quote]

Nah mate you''ve got it all wrong, we all have according to johnny Euro 2004 here. Mind you he only sees players as stats and clearly doesn''t have a feel for a player, see potential etc. To say Michael Owen is fit even though he hasn''t played a game in how long?? theres fot and theres match fit, he''s a joke.