you lot really should listen to yourselves. I hate to criticise you lot but with nine games left, numerous posts about relegation. Given yes, we are bottom of the table but we can get a maximum of 27 poiints yet, which will put us well out of the bottom three. KEEP THE FAITH!!!!

NCFCPREMIER - No wins away form home only three wins all season a defence that lets in goals quicker than the titanic lets in water - can u see us getting a maximum of 27 points or even half that amount - most of us are only being realistic.

[quote]NCFCPREMIER - No wins away form home only three wins all season a defence that lets in goals quicker than the titanic lets in water - can u see us getting a maximum of 27 points or even half that amou...[/quote]

NavMan: So are you now the world''s greatest fortune teller? How do you know we won''t pull of a suprise victory against Arsenal? Off the back of that, we get a draw against Man Utd, the win against Bolton, and then confidently beat Crystal Palace.

Unlikely? Of course! Impossible? Definatly not!

You can whinge and whine all you like, but it''s not over yet. I intend to sing and shout for every little point we can scrape - obviously, as you''re so confident we''re going down, you probably won''t show up to the games.

OTBC!!

Andrew Nicolson - No I am not the worlds best fortune teller and I am not whinging and whining.  I am just being like so many others on here and that is that I firmly believe that with our form so far this season (which lets face it is all we can base our opinion on) we do not have the capability to suddenly be one of the form sides in the Premier and get enough wins to escape relegation.  My main reason for my pessimism is our awful defence which has even been highlighted by Andy Gray lately.  Suddenly this defence is not going to be one of the best in the league to gain necessary points to beat the drop.

Dont get me wrong if we do manage to achieve the impossible no one will be swinging from the rafters higher than me.  After supporting them for since I can remember the club means everything to me just like it does so many other supporters.  It is just that going on what I have seen so far and how the Premier table reads this morning we are undoubtedly the worst in the league.  The table does not lie.  If the team proves me wrong then I will be the first to come on here and state I was wrong.  I am not big enough to do that but as it stands at this present time I do not think I will be doing that.  

This is getting bloody ridiculous.  I am a realist too, and if we can get 6 points out of the Palace and Southampton games we can reallistically survive, if we don''t then we will reallistically get relegated.  None of this realism makes me any less of a Norwich fan or indeed anyone who believes the same thing.  However, reallistically speaking this may well be the tall orders of all tall orders!! 

At this point in time we CAN still do it, so let''s keep the faith.

[quote]As do I Kent. At no time have I said we are down. 9 games left, 27 points to play for. Trips to Palace and Southampton. Anything could happen[/quote]

I would have a lot more faith if we had taken our chances when we had them.  In our last four home games we have scored 10 goals and only have four points to show because ........ we have conceeded 12 goals in those four games.  That''s 3 goals conceeded a game - at home!

We look like we can score against anyone at the moment but it also looks like anyone can score against us (I include under-11''s school girls sides!)  If we could shut teams out I would be much more confident of beating Palace & Saints but at the moment I suspect we will have to score at least 3 againt both to win those games.

Nine wins on the trot, now that would be something, a bit like Palace''s run in last year.

Don''t know what odds the bookies would give on that one !

Take a relatively less realistic view on winning say the next three matches. I think we could get about 270-1.

Maybe that would be worth a bet ?

I''m a true fan and being realistic, I don''t think we have a hope. I''d love to be proved wrong, but it''s more than a tall order! Makes me laugh when people say we have games against the ''lesser opposition'' coming up, so we should get something out of them. The fact is, only 3 times this season have we managed to beat the ''lesser opposition'' Simply not good enough and I can''t see us staying up.

I`ve known dramatic turnarounds  happen for no particular reason ! ...........   if there was any sort of form in football   the pools companies  would go broke !   ...... so ..hey !  fingers crossed  ......

It''s not that I think we can''t get the points that leads me to believe that we are doomed, it''s more the fact that I can''t see Southampton, Crystal Palace and West Bromwich Albion gathering 7 less points than us to allow us to overtake them all [bearing in mind our goal difference].

That would mean that if Crystal Palace get 10-12 points, that we''d have to get 17-19 to overtake them... I can''t see all those three teams dropping enough points for us to pull level, let alone get ahead of them.

I''d hope that that feeling doesn''t mean I''m considered any less a City supporter, simply of my non-optimism to this fact, but if it does then apologies to you all, as I simply cannot see us making up the difference. 

I have worked it out at home and based on my predictions for all of the bottom fourteams last few games, we will stay up by 2 points/or 1 point depending on last day of season results. KEEP THE FAITH!!!

Realism is based on two facts.

1)It is an awful long time since we kept a blank sheet. How many games?
2) Goals conceded per game has risen since about early December.

The conclusion seems inescapable. Even if we continue to score at our present rate, which is by no means bad, - where are we in the ranking of gaols scored?,
unless the defence can make an enormous improvement we are not going to gain enough of the 27 points left to make up the six point deficit. Our rivals in the relegation fight are improving, not deteriorating. Personally I think that the entrance of Shackle has improved things, and they might improve even more if Charlton played alongside him, but Premiership midfields and strikers punish the least mistake.

We are even close to setting records for goals conceded.

I have been supporting the Canaries for longer than anyone else on this board, I suspect, and I would desperately like them to succeed (with £25m we could do something), but even if the heart still has hope, the mind says "very unlikely".
This is not defeatism, but making a judgement from facts.

optimist, pessimist, pragmatist, season ticket holder, casual supporter, student , pensioner etc

why do we frequently have to endure posters continually fighting for the moral high ground with patronising and banal cliches (bleeding yellow and green, norwich til i die blah blah blah).

i don''t particularly care who endured the Hamilton years, who travelled 100s of miles to watch ncfc lose in the pouring rain whilst their children swept chimneys to pay for their commemorative jigsaw. opinions aren''t merited on a points system! those unable to attend every game may have mitigating reasons for not doing so and they shouldn''t show deference or justify themselves to those who can. There is NO hierarchy between supporters or posters on any basis.

we have a slim chance but it is a chance and ill keep the faith until maths prove me wrong.

anyone who doesn''t  isn''t a supporter.

end of.

great post mate

[quote]we have a slim chance but it is a chance and ill keep the faith until maths prove me wrong. anyone who doesn''t isn''t a supporter. end of. great post mate[/quote]

I think you should read Fillets post again mate before you start bleating on about who is and isn''t a supporter.

I still have hope and faith, but being realistic, I think we''re on our way down...

But what I don''t get is this...

Why worry about it?

We all KNEW this was going to be pretty much mission impossible. We all KNEW there is a massive gulf in quality from the top of the first disvision to even the bottom of the Premiership. We all KNEW that the club would not have the hard cash to compete with the majority of Premiership sides - an AVERAGE Premiership player goes for around 3/4 million - until 6 weeks ago City''s transfer record was one million. So unless anybody has a hundred million to invest and thinks they can do a better job, shut it.

At the end of this season, we will still have NCFC. We will still have football at Carrow Rd. A few years ago we nearly didn''t have a club. Look to the likes of Charlton - it took 2/3 years of yo-yoing between divisions before they could establish themselves as a top flight, and they did that by sticking together, backing the manager and backing the players.

And if - and I know its a big if - if we can hold on to the core of the side can you see any one stopping us next season? How many sides would have a strike force like Hucks, Leon and Deano in the first division? Not too many.

i know we only have 9 games left and I know that we have only won 3 all season, and we have to win 5 of them to have a realistic chance of staying up, but if we beat palace and southampton, thats 6 points bagged, and depending on other results, we will be level with palace, and if we can pick up a win/draw against birmingham, fulham, bolton, and chalrton, and maybe a draw againsty united and arsenal, which is a bit out of reach I think, but relaisticly, if we can get something from those games I have said, then we may just be able to stay up. So now you know what I mean when I say KEEP THE FAITH!!!

I know you never know in football, but do you seriously, honestly expect us to beat Southampton or Palace on their own patch, especially when you consider things such as:

Palace are mentally stronger than us and more determined. Worthy has been putting his players down all season, with the "we don''t have the quality" line, which clearly affects the team. How would you feel if your boss told you you weren''t good enough for the job yet made you come in to work each day!

Southampton have Harry Redknapp who seems to be a tactical genius and who has a knack of getting teams out of trouble.

When do we ever win at Selhurst Park!?

Sorry, but if we got a big fat 0 points out of those 2 games, then i would not be surprised one bit. We''re down i''m afraid.

Mine too. But I''m just saying, that obviously, everyone (bar the armchair supporters) want Norwich tyo stay up, and just think how different life will be in the Championship next season to what it is in the Premiership this season.

a) press coverage: Championship currently: Some 5 minute highlights on ITV1 on sunday morning and a 2 minute showing of goals on Sky Sports News.

Premiership: Chance of a full showing of match, or 60 minutes of highlights on saturday night on football first.

All of the toher press coverage such as Delias message. Think if she''d had done that in the Championship. It is likely that the game wouldn''t have been on sky, and she wouldn''t have made all of the national headlines. Plus, all of this press coverage puts Norwich on the map.

b) life in the premeirship

It is great! You''ve seen all of the world-class players step onto the hallowed carrow road turf, and wouldn''t it be great to see it again next season!