Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

No more signings?

Speaking to a couple of people this morning. Just fans. Neither of them were in the ''know'' about anything. However, both seemed to have read articles recently where Hughton was quoted as saying he wasn''t looking to make further signings beyond Butterfield and Whittaker.

Surely this isn''t true? Anyone know what article they are referring to?

If it is true, I''m shocked! We need a striker, central defender and left back IMO.

There will be more, its just a case of him getting to know the squad some more and finding the right playeres to fill the gaps. There''s no article that explicitly states he isnt looking to sign anyone else. It''s early on in pre-season and there''s plenty of time yet for new signings of which I''m sure there will be some

Try reading what CHRIS HUGHTON actually said (unfortunately it was hidden away on the front page of the online Pinkun)

part of it was " What is important is that we get players in, we strengthen that squad – a squad that has did very well last season – and make decisions from there."

why not have a read of that first ?

I''d be surprised if there wasn''t at least 2 more signings before the season starts.

It''s been a pretty busy time for CH since he joined, having to rectify the Grant Holt situation must have took a while, sorting out the backroom staff IC/GC and Dave Watson along with looking at players who''s contracts are/were up for renewal.and having to get settled into the area etc.

Not only that, but the training ground is having a lot of work done at the moment getting ready for the class one acadamy status. with a large two story block for acadamy students being built, installed and fitted out between the indoor training area and the main buildings and some groundworks beside the new classrooms etc..  Which may indirectly take up a bit of his time. if only for the disruption it''s causing. 

Also, as the majority of the first team only came back on Monday, he will only be able to start to assess where he thinks the squad may need strengthing after today when they started full training after the last two days fitness tests.

I''d hope that by the end of July early August he will have added to the squad.

Jordan Rhodes? Not sure how I feel about that considering he went missing in the play-off final and has done similar in other big games.

Can''t argue with his goal record though. Interesting.

Ok yeah sounds like they read a little more into "biding time". Seemed strange to hear he wouldn''t sign anyone.

Too many of the top clubs have looked at Jordan Rhodes without making any move to sign him.

Like so many others he would be a hell of a gamble for the money they are talking about. When we have bought lower league players they have generally been much less than half of the fee being spoken of for Rhodes.

Personally having seen him a few times I do not think he will make it against the better defenders he would have to play against.

Craig Mackail-Smith anyone?

Especially with clubs around us signing strikers, etc... we need a quality one in. I''m sure CH will make a move. The guy West Brom have got in (El Ghanassy) is a top quality player. I saw him play for Ghent when I was there a year and a half ago. And we need a left back...well it''s been said by so many fans, I would be stunned if there weren''t any additions.

I would be amazed if there were no more signings but we must give CH time to evaluate his players. I am sure he has players lined up, after all, he has made some stunning signings in the past.

Patience.

Again if you look at our team we have cover in most positions, but again we need to improve our team.I think four signings are needed, as I expect a few players will leave.Centre half, central midfielder, striker and either a winger or a full back (then in January get the other one).We just need that little extra to help our team through the core of this team.

[quote user="Ncfc"]According to In The Know on Twitter Jordon Rhodes to sign tomorrow after passing a medical today .[/quote]I hope not.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Jordan Rhodes? Not sure how I feel about that considering he went missing in the play-off final and has done similar in other big games.

Can''t argue with his goal record though. Interesting.

Ok yeah sounds like they read a little more into "biding time". Seemed strange to hear he wouldn''t sign anyone.[/quote]

It''s ridiculous when people judge players from only watching them occasionally in a big game - it''s like people saying Carroll is class because he scored in FA cup semi, final and the Euros (talksport are always harping on with this argument and it drives me mad)- the whole season needs to be taken into account, not just one or two big games.

I expect Row D that if you had watched everyone of Huddersfield''s games this season you would love to have him here - not that i have seen all their games, but a good few.

Also i think their is an article on the pinkun which is a couple of days old that claims he is looking to add to the squad further and move it on, rather than just ''changing the voice'', or something along those lines.

[quote user="Ncfc"]According to In The Know on Twitter Jordon Rhodes to sign tomorrow after passing a medical today .
[/quote]

Someone on my timeline retweeted that. The same "In The Know" claimed earlier that we were trying to sign Defoe and that we''re signed Roger Johnson and Scott Dann this week.

Utter rubbish.