Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

Snodgrass

£3 million target for the two faced Lambert. Come on Houghton we can outbid them scumbags. Many city fans would love us to sign him, and not only to put one over the ex manager.

The one thing we lack out wide is real pace and he wont offer that. Centrally we are well covered attacking wise with Butterfield comming in aswell. Good player Snodgrass is, but i cant see it would be a good use of our money.

Oh no, I''m so sorry for the incorrect spelling! Kick me off and ban me for my mistake. Dear or dear, some people who comment on silly little spelling mistakes do my head in! When you write on your mobile with predictive text on, it''s known to change the word now and again. Sorry can I be excused please?

[quote user="colneycanary"]Oh no, I''m so sorry for the incorrect spelling! Kick me off and ban me for my mistake. Dear or dear, some people who comment on silly little spelling mistakes do my head in! When you write on your mobile with predictive text on, it''s known to change the word now and again. Sorry can I be excused please?[/quote]

In the corner you! and pick up that cone with the ''D'' on it while your on the way.

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]The one thing we lack out wide is real pace and he wont offer that. Centrally we are well covered attacking wise with Butterfield comming in aswell. Good player Snodgrass is, but i cant see it would be a good use of our money.[/quote]

When it was reported a while ago we were interested in him, everyone was hoping we were going to sign him. We signed Howson and now Butterfield who both play centre midfield. Snow grass plays on the wing, so what''s changed?

See they are also supposedly close to signing Mat Phillips too and also interested in Rhodes , looks like Lambert took his Ncfc list with him when he left . We are also supposedly preparing a bid for Rhodes after receiving bids for Jackson and Vaughan , lots of rumors on that Twitter .

Yellowbeagle have you actually seen snodgrass play he is absolute quality and would improve most prem teams! If we sign him this summer he would probably be our best signing this transfer window.

Disagree with that. Pilkington and Bennett are quick. Snodgrass would be an excellent addition but he isn''t a priority. The full back areas and centre should be addressed first.

Snodgrass doesn''t interest me personally, had a couple average seasons with some good spells the first year.

But would prefer someone like Nathan Redmond who has looked very promising from what I saw last year.

[quote user="colneycanary"][quote user="Yellowbeagle"]The one thing we lack out wide is real pace and he wont offer that. Centrally we are well covered attacking wise with Butterfield comming in aswell. Good player Snodgrass is, but i cant see it would be a good use of our money.[/quote] When it was reported a while ago we were interested in him, everyone was hoping we were going to sign him. We signed Howson and now Butterfield who both play centre midfield. Snow grass plays on the wing, so what''s changed?[/quote]

As i said he doesnt offer pace so nothing has changed, so obviously not everyone was hoping he''d sign. He''s a good player but personally i think Bennett and Pilkington are just as good. I could have seen him playing more central if we didnt already have a glut of attacking midfielders.

[quote user="colneycanary"]Oh no, I''m so sorry for the incorrect spelling! Kick me off and ban me for my mistake. Dear or dear, some people who comment on silly little spelling mistakes do my head in! When you write on your mobile with predictive text on, it''s known to change the word now and again. Sorry can I be excused please?[/quote]

No, please try harder. Don''t be so flipping lazy. How hard is it to spell Hughton ? How would you feel if someone kept spelling your surname incorrectly i.e. Mr Loghead instead of the (correct) Mr Brainless ? (sorry)

[quote user="hazza9"]Yellowbeagle have you actually seen snodgrass play he is absolute quality and would improve most prem teams! If we sign him this summer he would probably be our best signing this transfer window.[/quote]

I have to admit i''ve only really seen him play on the telly, for some strange reason i dont attend Leeds games. i do know a few leeds fans though and they rate him but they dont seem to think as much of him as you do. If we signed him then fine, but i hope you turn out to be right about how good you think he actually is.

I dont agree with the Jacko''s post about Bennett and Pilkington being quick, they might not be slow and both good skillful players in their own ways, but not what i consider defence splitting quick.

You don''t think Elliot Bennett is quick?! What matches have you been watching?! He must be one of the fastest players we have!

I''d like to see Snoddy here.

However I would rather see Rhodes here. We need another goal threat as an option more than we do attacking/wide midfielders.

As for Philips - is he better than Bennet?

I do think if Jackson goes we will need more pace in the squad. Rhodes isn''t that. He isn''t blessed with blistering pace.

I do think another winger is needed. We were lucky with injuries last year to Pilkington and Bennett. But would prefer someone like Phillips or Adomah than Snodgrass.

Think people are getting a bit confused over Snoddy''s position, he is mainly an AM, behind the forward type player, but can play on either wing, his pace lets him down though. In fact he is similar to Wes but doesn''t lose the ball so much and can score.

He has constantly been one of the top assist men in the champ and has scored a good amount of goals each season.

I have wanted him here for years and really thought this would be the summer he would join, cheaply too, due to the fact he only has a year left on his contract.

With Lambert gone and Butterfield coming in this transfer is getting less and less likely, however i would love him to come still, but i must agree with others in that we have other positions which take priority.

To conclude- basically he would be a great addition but only as a luxury buy this summer, we have plenty CM/AM, we are lacking direct wingers bursting with pace, however if Wes is to leave, Snoddy would be the best replacement we could afford

Well there was a tweet this afternoon from a Taverhamfc that said something like hearing strong rumours from Colney that Hoolahan is on his way out of Ncfc . Seems to keep popping up this Hoolahan leaving story.

[quote user="Ncfc"]Well there was a tweet this afternoon from a Taverhamfc that said something like hearing strong rumours from Colney that Hoolahan is on his way out of Ncfc . Seems to keep popping up this Hoolahan leaving story.[/quote]

his contract wont be renewed, which shouldn''t really surprise anyone considering the club didn''t want to renew Holt''s. I just don''t know if another prem club would make an offer for him and not sure he would go back to championship.

How long does he have left on his contract?

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]

[quote user="hazza9"]Yellowbeagle have you actually seen snodgrass play he is absolute quality and would improve most prem teams! If we sign him this summer he would probably be our best signing this transfer window.[/quote]

I have to admit i''ve only really seen him play on the telly, for some strange reason i dont attend Leeds games. i do know a few leeds fans though and they rate him but they dont seem to think as much of him as you do. If we signed him then fine, but i hope you turn out to be right about how good you think he actually is.

I dont agree with the Jacko''s post about Bennett and Pilkington being quick, they might not be slow and both good skillful players in their own ways, but not what i consider defence splitting quick.

[/quote]

I guess we will just have to disagree on that. Obviously they are not in the Theo Walcott division of blistering speed but they are definitely quick enough to unsettle defences. Indeed I wish both would take their fullback on a bit more sometimes and utilise this.

If we''re going to bring in another winger Tom Ince would be my choice. Though saying that Junior Hoillet is still at Blackburn and out of contract...

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]The one thing we lack out wide is real pace and he wont offer that. Centrally we are well covered attacking wise with Butterfield comming in aswell. Good player Snodgrass is, but i cant see it would be a good use of our money.[/quote]

I''d rather have a quality footballer than someone who can run fast.

We need to continue in the NCFC way of passing the ball. Not running aimlessly down the wings

[quote user="Gnasher"]Snodgrass doesn''t interest me personally, had a couple average seasons with some good spells the first year. But would prefer someone like Nathan Redmond who has looked very promising from what I saw last year.[/quote]

Agreed. Snodgrass is a good footballer and I would be happy if we signed him but he does lack pace. Speed is very important in the premiership and our wingers find themselves up against very fast fullbacks. Redmond would be a much better signing but he would cost us. It would be money well spent because he''s still only 18 and was really impressive last season.

Agree with the other posters above that what we need is some raw pace rather than another attacking midfielder of the Snodgrass ilk. He''s a good player and obviously would be a decent addition to the squad but we are well stocked in that area so I don''t see us going for him. I also don;t think he''s really any better than Wes, Pilks, Bennett or (hopefully although we are obviously yet to see him in action) Butterfield. They are all players of the same sort of type as Snodgrass.

If we are going to bring in another winger i would therefore prefer to see someone of the Adomah, Ince, Kighty type variety.

If Villa are in for him we also won''t get him as (i) he knows Lambert from the Livingstone connection and (ii) they will offer him better wages if they really want him. For the same reason we won;t get Rhodes. If we are up against Villa, West Ham or even possibly Reading for players we are going to find it very hard to land them as we are going to struggle to match them on the wages front. We therefore need to be boxing clever and picking off the players where we are not going to be caught up in head to head bidding wars. For this reason I have quite high hopes for Butterfield as it appears he could have got better money elsewhere but has chosen us for genuine footballing reasons.

[quote user="Mahogany"]If we''re going to bring in another winger Tom Ince would be my choice. Though saying that Junior Hoillet is still at Blackburn and out of contract...[/quote]

I agree about Ince, wouldn''t mind giving him a shot in the prem.

Hoillet is much more unlikely, from yesterday''s news it appears he is going to QPR!!

so you didnt watch us at home to leeds in the championship when we won but snodgrass looked very dangerous on the wing as he is a winger, but can also play in the hoolahan role. i also know a few leeds fans and they say he will easily cut it in the prem as he is good on the ball, works very hard, great crossing ability and has an eye for goal.

[quote user="hazza9"]

so you didnt watch us at home to leeds in the championship when we won but snodgrass looked very dangerous on the wing as he is a winger, but can also play in the hoolahan role. i also know a few leeds fans and they say he will easily cut it in the prem as he is good on the ball, works very hard, great crossing ability and has an eye for goal.

[/quote]

I really hope you arnt judging this just on his performances against us and yes i did see him against us and he looked a good player as i have already said. But personally i think your over-rating him, but in the unlikely event we sign him and he performs brilliantly being our best player i''ll be only to happy to be proved wrong.