Sign in to follow this  
NWC

Would you want DJ Cambell?

Evidently we are "battling with Wigan" to sign qpr striker DJ Campbell according to the gossip section in Football365.comI thought we might be aiming a bit higher than that, especially if it''s to replace Holt. He''s hardly set the world alight at qpr, but he has only made 12 appearences scoring once against the "mighty" wolves.

No, no, no, no. A million times no. Average to below average player whose wages would be too much for us to afford. I''d rather keep Chris Martin than sign Campbell.

On a positive he scored 13 goals in Blackpool''s Prem season.  And his season at QPR he was hit with injuries.I guess I''m saying, if he was brought in as back up to replace Wilb, it wouldn''t be a bad signing imo.

[quote user="The Pinkun Role Model"]On a positive he scored 13 goals in Blackpool''s Prem season.  And his season at QPR he was hit with injuries.I guess I''m saying, if he was brought in as back up to replace Wilb, it wouldn''t be a bad signing imo.[/quote]Signing "back-up" players would be weakening the squad. We need to improve the squad at all times meaning we have to buy players who are as good or better than what we already have.

DJ Campbell can do it.  In the very attacking Blackpool team  he scored afew and has that experience behind him.  At QPRse, he had too many problems.   At a better team and set up with a good manager he may be a good buy.   Gives us plenty of options in attack.

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I''d rather sign Naomi Campbell.[/quote]

She''ll only turn up for a bag of blood diamonds.

[/quote]We can just tweak last season''s formation and punch our players around a bit, she won''t know the difference.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="The Pinkun Role Model"]On a positive he scored 13 goals in Blackpool''s Prem season.  And his season at QPR he was hit with injuries.I guess I''m saying, if he was brought in as back up to replace Wilb, it wouldn''t be a bad signing imo.[/quote]Signing "back-up" players would be weakening the squad. We need to improve the squad at all times meaning we have to buy players who are as good or better than what we already have.[/quote]I understand your point. Where exactly are we going to rummage up these top strikers?Holt doesn''t want to be here.Wilbs already gone.Martin not good enough.Jackson can''t fault the effort, and other attributes but isn''t a prolific scorer.That leaves Morison.

I wouldn''t want D J Campbell if we were a Championship side, or Zigic come to that . Hope Houghton has better up his sleeve than these two.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="The Pinkun Role Model"]On a positive he scored 13 goals in Blackpool''s Prem season.  And his season at QPR he was hit with injuries.

I guess I''m saying, if he was brought in as back up to replace Wilb, it wouldn''t be a bad signing imo.[/quote]

Signing "back-up" players would be weakening the squad. We need to improve the squad at all times meaning we have to buy players who are as good or better than what we already have.
[/quote]

I understand what you are saying Lapp and I agree with the theory but I disagree that it would be weakening the squad.  The only way it would weaken the squad would be if the ''backup'' players were brought in to replace first teamers. 

But yes I agree that the players we bring in should be players who are good enough to be starting regularly and not someone to replace Wilberforce for example, who may be a bit better than him, but not as good as Holt or Moro.

On the point of DJ Campbell, if that is the sort of player we are looking at then Championship football will be just around the corner.  I trust this is just a misguided rumour as Campbell doesn''t fit with the Club ethos.