Sign in to follow this  
thegovernor1

Media Friendly

After watching the previous regime closely in the media. Lambert was very quiet only talking when he had to, unlike Worthington who really did enjoy using the media to his advantages and disadvantages too, Lambert rarely spoke about injuries transfers and rumours, Lambert never came out and quash any rumours or admit them, under Hughton i feel you will see NCFC a bit more media friendly which i also look forward to.

Thought i would share my thoughts.

Have to say one of the few good things about losing Lambert is that it might actually be worth listening to the managers interview per/post game

Paul Lambert ---- PL ---- Premier LeagueChris Hughton -- CH ---- CHampionshipScary!Unless:Paul Lambert ---- PL ---- Premier League

Chris Hughton -- CH ---- CHampions LeagueAWESOME!!

Clearly not related to OP.  Just wanted to get it out of my brain.

[quote user="Fozzie"]Paul Lambert ---- PL ---- Premier LeagueChris Hughton -- CH ---- CHampionshipScary!Unless:Paul Lambert ---- PL ---- Premier League

Chris Hughton -- CH ---- CHampions LeagueAWESOME!!

Clearly not related to OP.  Just wanted to get it out of my brain.[/quote]

You''ve got it wrong, laddie -

Paul Lambert - PL - Poor LoyaltyChris Hughton - CH -  Careful Handling

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]This thread has morphed into something else!?[/quote]

Steady on - this sounds suspiciously like it could be interpreted as an aspect of either a self appointed moderator or forum police - this could invoke Nutty''s Forum Moderator Computer thingy........[:D]

I''m willing to give you 10% on all your sales ABC. I shall be away for the next 2 weeks and you look to be the best option to keep my place in the market. Cheers buddy[Y]

It has componenents from other games which I think will be very popular. For example I incorporated the birthday bonus from Monopoly where if it''s the players birthday he not only gets the obligatory "Happy Birthday" thread like Pete does but he also receives £10 from each poster. It''s not really that difficult though ''Slim because it''s aimed at, shall we say, the lower intellect market[:$] which in my experience is where most "plastic mods" can be found......

I look forward to seeing/hearing interviews which are intelligent, honest and reasonably brief. CH is not very animated, but I don''t mind that, above all I can undertand every word he says, which has to be a plus!

I think this could be a part of the job with a higher profile job Lambert will not enjoy, he will certainly come under more scrutiny. Added to that he has never sent out his assistants as Fergie used to with Phelan which seems to suggest Culverhouse and Karsa are even more reticent with the Media.

I can''t remember Culverhouse being quoted in the media either as a Coach or indeed very often when he was a player here.

[quote user="PKC"]

I think this could be a part of the job with a higher profile job Lambert will not enjoy, he will certainly come under more scrutiny. Added to that he has never sent out his assistants as Fergie used to with Phelan which seems to suggest Culverhouse and Karsa are even more reticent with the Media.

I can''t remember Culverhouse being quoted in the media either as a Coach or indeed very often when he was a player here.

[/quote]Some people "talk the talk", others "walk the walk"...I think Lambert, Culverhouse and Karsa let the results do the talking. 

[quote user="Neutral"][quote user="PKC"]

[/quote]

Some people "talk the talk", others "walk the walk"...I think Lambert, Culverhouse and Karsa let the results do the talking. 
[/quote]

I wasn''t trying to be critical here the point I was trying make is that he will be under greater media scrutiny and might find it harder to just ''walk the walk'' but be expected to ''talk the talk'' as well. Villa are probably going to have representatives from the national media encamped on their doorstep; they could get the knives out if they feel they are not getting their quota of stories. Note the national media and their love afair with managers like Redknapp and Holoway. There was not this type of pressure at Norwich.

[quote user="PKC"]

[/quote]

I am pretty sure that Phelan was used by Fergie to do interviews because he refused to entertain the BBC following that story on Panorama a few years back who slated one his sons who is an agent.