Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Is one, old, frail woman blocking true investment in City?

Even the three newly promoted sides have more financial clout than us, in fact, we''re the paupers of the Prem, a fact I believe is courtessy of Delia Smith''s stubben refusal to retire and stand down.

Don''t kid yourself that the board run things now, the real power still lies with the Stomarket two.

And she will NEVER allow some rich foreigner to take away her favourite toy.....and as a Premiership club don''t tell me we''re not ripe and attractive to a foreign prospective investor or owner. 

Just remember this as other clubs complete their buisness

Surely you must see this.[:@]

I see it. If we aren''t a club to be invested in, nobody is. Waiting list for season ticket holders, young players, soon to be debt free, great area, plans to expand the stadium, Premier League football.

Don''t know why i''m wasting my time on your but here goes.

okay so how about we get these mega bucks in, they invest stupidly and pay pavel pogman 70k a week for an example. They achieve solid positions of mid table, lets face it even reading, Southampton or QPR are never going to break top 6 even with 20 million investment each year.

Our sugar daddy runs out of cash for us and has to sell, by which time our balance sheet looks like it''s Greek, Bolton for instance 100m in debt. We face admin or an asset stripper and would be extremely lucky to find further massive investment, as there would be other clubs of similar size without crippling debts.

When the sugar daddies sugar runs out for these clubs then what, there futures will be in serious doubt.

Were playing the long game, maintain premier league status, through self sufficiency, then one day when it all falls down like a pack of cards, we will be in fantastic position.

Your so naive it''s untrue.

for gods sake get over yourself! if you feel that strongly get a consortium together and buy her out!!!

[quote user="baldyboy"]for gods sake get over yourself! if you feel that strongly get a consortium together and buy her out!!!
[/quote]

Ah, a defender of the myth, I love em''.

[quote user="Wiz"]

Even the three newly promoted sides have more financial clout than us, in fact, we''re the paupers of the Prem, a fact I believe is courtessy of Delia Smith''s stubben refusal to retire and stand down.

Don''t kid yourself that the board run things now, the real power still lies with the Stomarket two.

And she will NEVER allow some rich foreigner to take away her favourite toy.....and as a Premiership club don''t tell me we''re not ripe and attractive to a foreign prospective investor or owner. 

[/quote]

Do not feed the attention seeker.

[quote user="First Wazzock AKA Dr Vinyl"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

Do not feed the attention seeker.

[/quote]

Err...cough..cough.

"Retire" and "stand down" Wiz, its not her bloody job!

What if DS succumbed to your wishes and asked for all the money back she invested-hasn''t had much return has she?

FFS, this same old argument, day in, day out=the assumption that there are hugely wealthy people out there banging the door down in their efforts to throw money at Norwich City, yet your "frail" (please, she''s "frail"?!!) Where are they, again, where are they? Answer me!!! "The club aren''t looking hard enough" is not a valid answer.

And, if we are to have these mythical new investors, remember one thing: if they''re investing, they''re going to want something back. So yes, cheer from the rooftops when someone comes in with £75 Million investment-then pray, how are they going to turn that into £100 Million within say, three years?

No-one will invest in NCFC because the chances of them being rewarded for their insanity, financially, is zero-as at just about any club.

If, on the other hand, someone wants to GIVE us, say, £50 Million, no strings attached other than a seat on the board and maybe a stand named after him/her=welcome aboard. But they aren''t out there either as an offer of that magnitude wouldn''t be turned down by anyone.

Let it go. Please? I swear you are on your knees, hoping for failure sometimes so you can sagely stroke your beard and say you told everyone so. 

Reading are loaded, yes. But £65k a week for one player, unproven at this level over a season, come on. Is that what you''re longing for, not so much marquee signings, as cheap old tent ones???

What are you on about you very silly man. We have probably

the best run Club in the Premier League; we are in the best financial and

business shape for over 100 years, and you still try so hard to ridicule our

owners . We are in the best league in the world, and we got there by paying

sensible fees and wages, and committing to a proper business model.  I have watched my team since 1959 through

thick and thin, and it is now that I am most impressed by what has been

achieved. We are aiming to fund via profit retention and good common sense a

ground with a capacity of 35,000 to sustain a top side for the long term

future. But you still want some foreign investor to throw money at the Club and

unbalance all that has been achieved. Get real or go follow Portsmouth or

Rangers or any of those who have already heeded your advice – and regretted it

forever!  

not a defender of the myth at all! Just fed up of you spouting the same old guff ALL the time!!! As I say if you feel that strongly conjuure up some money and buy her out!!! Then we can all blame you for everything!!! Whilst I aint her biggest fan, without her money we wouldn''t be where we are today and that is a FACT!

You seem to think that some mysteriuos ''investors'' have launched a serious bid to take control of the club, something that McNally and Bowkett have denied.
But don''t let facts stand in the way of your argument...

[quote user="Gareth"]You seem to think that some mysteriuos ''investors'' have launched a serious bid to take control of the club, something that McNally and Bowkett have denied.
But don''t let facts stand in the way of your argument...
[/quote]
mysterious FFS! EDIT BUTTON!

Anybody want to join as he is desperate to buy Delia and Michael out so he can run the club!!! There must be 20,000 people out there with a spare few thousand to pump into his consortium!!

[quote user="Victor Segura and the Yellow Cards"]One can only assume that Wiz is short for Wizards Sleeve because you truly are a massive ****[/quote]

So you''d rather hurl abuse than contribute........okay.

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]Portsmouth. Birmingham. Very nearly QPR.[/quote]IMO that''s a lame argument really these days.  It is a sad fact that owners of EPL clubs (and filtering down to the Championship) need to be billionaires rather than millionaires that invest heavily in their squads to be comfortable in the league.Somebody a while ago argued successfully (with references) that (apart from the odd anomaly) your league finish in the EPL is directly linked to the cash you splash.

Sorry Wiz but I believe I can sum up what many are thinking when I say "Yawn, Yawn, Yawn" and "Please, please, please, change the record"

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

"Retire" and "stand down" Wiz, its not her bloody job!

What if DS succumbed to your wishes and asked for all the money back she invested-hasn''t had much return has she?

FFS, this same old argument, day in, day out=the assumption that there are hugely wealthy people out there banging the door down in their efforts to throw money at Norwich City, yet your "frail" (please, she''s "frail"?!!) Where are they, again, where are they? Answer me!!! "The club aren''t looking hard enough" is not a valid answer.

And, if we are to have these mythical new investors, remember one thing: if they''re investing, they''re going to want something back. So yes, cheer from the rooftops when someone comes in with £75 Million investment-then pray, how are they going to turn that into £100 Million within say, three years?

No-one will invest in NCFC because the chances of them being rewarded for their insanity, financially, is zero-as at just about any club.

If, on the other hand, someone wants to GIVE us, say, £50 Million, no strings attached other than a seat on the board and maybe a stand named after him/her=welcome aboard. But they aren''t out there either as an offer of that magnitude wouldn''t be turned down by anyone.

Let it go. Please? I swear you are on your knees, hoping for failure sometimes so you can sagely stroke your beard and say you told everyone so. 

Reading are loaded, yes. But £65k a week for one player, unproven at this level over a season, come on. Is that what you''re longing for, not so much marquee signings, as cheap old tent ones???

[/quote]

So Reading are a better case to an investor? sorry mate I can''t buy that.

Now here is the double standards of this poster who actually states in this thread  "So you''d rather hurl abuse than contribute........okay"! yet he has a title which I would find unacceptably abusive if it was aimed at me.

[quote user="87canary"]Investment isn''t always the answer.

Venky''s for example.[/quote]The Venkys are a bad example. They thought they could run the club like we are doing here. re-investing money only generated by the club. They never chucked into the pot any extra.

[quote user="City penguin"]wiz is obviously dim witted, just leave him to his own devices. Probably some sort of plug.[/quote]So why did you run with crowd and feel the need to join in with the name calling?

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Old Shuck"]

[/quote]

So Reading are a better case to an investor? sorry mate I can''t buy that.

[/quote]The Russian guy only invested in Reading because he went to University there...

But he''s not going to be financially rewarded for "investing" in Reading is he?

His ego will, doubtless, be rewarded. But remember the phrase: investment-to quote, for sake of speed, Wikipedia;

"Finance investment is putting money into something with the expectation of gain, that upon thorough analysis, has a high degree of security for the principal amount, as well as security of return, within an expected period of time."

Can''t see the above ever applying to football, can you? An expectation of financial gain, a high degree of security, security of return? Thats what investors want. Delia Smith and co haven''t had it, nor will anyone else, including the chap who has "invested" in Reading.

Football is more like the following...

" In contrast putting money into something with an expectation of gain without thorough analysis, without security of principal, and without security of return is speculation or gambling. As such, those shareholders who fail to thoroughly analyze their stock purchases, such as owners of mutual funds, could well be called speculators. Indeed, given the efficient market hypothesis, which implies that a thorough analysis of stock data is irrational, all rational shareholders are, by definition, not investors, but speculators.

So do we want speculators and gamblers doing same with our club?

No, no and thrice no. Never, however rich they may be.