Sign in to follow this  
Midlandscanary

Grant Holts twitter account

or have GH & CH  had their "meeting" and tweeting came up?  I would have hoped that it would have been one of the new managers priority meetings in his first week.. 

Rather he just went now. He believes his own hype and has got too big for his boots. Unsettling influence at the club as this has gone too far. Thanks grant for 3 years but time to move on.....

Im trying to look on a positive side to this, perhaps he deleted his account so that he won''t get any more abuse? Or maybe Payne told him it would be better to bring a halt to his tweets to stop grinding the rumour mill.

Our fans are such Drama Queens...
1) Deleting his Twitter does not mean he''s off.
2) If he does leave it''s not the end of the world, there are other striker out there than Grant Holt.

[quote user="Lambo"]

2) If he does leave it''s not the end of the world, there are other striker out there than Grant Holt.

[/quote]

Agreed, and they cost millions![:|]

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Lambo"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Call me naive, but maybe the free transfer signings we''re making at present indicate we will make a substantial payment on a new striker....

Wiz must be the ultimate "unsupporter" - a supporter by definition is "a person who approves of and encourages someone or something".I don''t see any approval or encouragement from Wiz, so by definition he must be opposed to our Club, and is therefore certainly not a supporter.Maybe it''s time for him to find a forum to post on about "someone or something" that he does actually support?  Just a thought - but maybe then he will find happiness, and his life will be complete!

[quote user="Shaker Maker"]He''s still here.Come on Holty... you can fix this.

[/quote]My dear Shaker Maker, I think you will find it is Bob the Builder who fixes things not Grant Holt.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Lambo"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Call me naive, but maybe the free transfer signings we''re making at present indicate we will make a substantial payment on a new striker....

[/quote]

Hi Naive,   maybe the free signings indicate we won''t be spending that much at all.    As for substantial payment on a new striker, are we really likely to get anyone who will cost so much that it will upset the wage structure at the club?     £2m - £3m  is the most we can expect to pay for any player so that they fit in with the way things are.  If we have £20 million to spend this season, that would indicate  6 or 7 medium cost players.     Anyone that expects anymore than 2-3 million to be paid on one player I think will be disappointed.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Lambo"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Call me naive, but maybe the free transfer signings we''re making at present indicate we will make a substantial payment on a new striker....

[/quote]

Hi Naive,   maybe the free signings indicate we won''t be spending that much at all.    As for substantial payment on a new striker, are we really likely to get anyone who will cost so much that it will upset the wage structure at the club?     £2m - £3m  is the most we can expect to pay for any player so that they fit in with the way things are.  If we have £20 million to spend this season, that would indicate  6 or 7 medium cost players.     Anyone that expects anymore than 2-3 million to be paid on one player I think will be disappointed.

[/quote]

To be fair i dont think all Strikers signed for large fees have huge wages, it might be a player is a lower leagues teams star player and you have to pay a large fee to prize them away. For instance Rhodes and Rodrigues would probably have been within our wages range but both are going to have large fee''s attached (admittedly Reading are paying silly wages atm though).

[quote user="65Vintage"]Wiz must be the ultimate "unsupporter" - a supporter by definition is "a person who approves of and encourages someone or something".I don''t see any approval or encouragement from Wiz, so by definition he must be opposed to our Club, and is therefore certainly not a supporter.Maybe it''s time for him to find a forum to post on about "someone or something" that he does actually support?  Just a thought - but maybe then he will find happiness, and his life will be complete![/quote][Y]Spot on!Wiz = Unsupporter = Binner. Maybe he''d be happier on twtd? [:D]

[quote user="Wiz"]

Well I''m hoping Holty will stay, I just love the guy.

Come on Grant, you know you want too.

[/quote]

dont often agree with Wiz, but i also hope grant stays, those that say hope he goes etc etc and that we can replace him with Rhodes or whoever are deluded

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Lambo"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Call me naive, but maybe the free transfer signings we''re making at present indicate we will make a substantial payment on a new striker....[/quote]

[/quote] The trouble is £2 million nowadays hardly gets you a run of the mill Championship player , buy too many of those and you end up back in the Championship. If Norwich really want to establish themselves in the top flight very soon they will have to spend more of fee''s and wages. And dont forget we no longer have Lamberts magic touch for getting in these lower league gems , you cannot really expect Hughton to just follow on where Lambert left off , if it was that simple everybody would be a top class manager.