Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

to the future....

First of all i would like to say Thank you to Paul Lambert for getting us back to the premiership and keeping us there.. he has done what we all hoped he would acheive and can walk away a very proud man...

the quest for a new manager has begun... i am convinced its Hughton and thats who we will get.. I heard his name mentioned as the only person who would be considered should Lambert leave (this was 2 weeks ago) and that mcNally rates him as an even better manager than Paul was.... We will do whatever it takes to get him too...

Also, CUSDP, a poster on here, is normally right with his information... I have no idea who he is and where he gets his information from.. perhaps he works at the club itself.. either way i''m inclined to believe that Hughton will be the next manager...

I personally would like Malky... he isn’t Bryan Gunn.. he has 3 years of management experience under his belt.. Steered an awful Watford side away from relegation, took Cardiff to the playoffs and crucially was one penalty away from winning the Carling cup... if he plays a hoofball game, Good! there isnt a single fan on this message board who will complain if we win a cup and get into europe playing long ball football... You play to win.. not play pretty....

Curbishley has Premiership experience... he is capable of getting teams to a certain point but no further.... we would stagnate... we need to move Forwards.

John Ruddy, like it or not i think he will be Lamberts first Villa signing... an England goalkeeper, young with a good future.. Given will settle for a place on the subs bench.. he wont have much of a say.

Will we lose other players? Perhaps... but we will come back better for it.. Paul Lamberts work over the last few years has put us on the map.. people cant take the pee like they used to.. they can try... it is water off a ducks back.. we are a side to be proud of and only Manchester City made us look poor last season.. they won the league, so they made everyone look bad.

David McNally shoots from the hip... we have to respect that from the guy.... you go for a gun fight enough times and sooner or later you get shot... He maybe didnt see Lamberts resignation coming... he has now to call in a plan B.. something this club never had before he came in.

we have had 8 full time managers over the last 16 years... the average stay would of course be 2 years...

Fans need to look at the facts.,. we are not Manchester United... we are a premier league team and one that, with the right manager, will become a top 8 side in time... Rafa Benitez, Pep Guardiola, AVB and Roberto Di Matteo will not be coming to Norwich... a young, astute manager who wants to make his stamp will be.

I am positive for the future.. Lambert is gone but he has left the club in fine fettle.. walked away at the end of the season before the transfer window opens and given us enough time to get a new name in.. he respected the club enough for that...

We can look back Fondly on whats gone on the past few seasons but now is the time to move on... Who ever it be, Hughton, Mackay, someone we have never heard of; They will have their own way of doing things... their back room staff, signings they want to make and way they want to play... They have a squad of players who now all have a seasons premiership experience and have proven they have got what it takes....

I said a few weeks ag the clubs golden era is about to begin and i stick by that.. Lambert planted the acorn... a new man is going to reap the mighty oak....

We will be sitting here in 12 months singing the praises of a new manager, a new era... maybe even a suprise top half finish.. but we wont be relegated.. the media still wont acknowledge us.. and we will love every second...

Roll on the new manager!

Agree with alot of that - we are where we are - and could attract Hughton who would be a good choice.   We need to move on and look forward.   Liverpool, Swansea and Villa will struggle after this merry go round.    It will work in our favour.   Be positive - it is the only way forward.

Top post Jas. Agree with a lot of that. We''re in a decent situation, even if Lambert has left. Worst thing can happen is we can get relegated, and whilst that would be painful, the club would still be far healthier than when Lambert first joined. Get the right man in and on with next season.

Very good post Jas, and even though I''d prefer different options to replace Lambert, I have faith that the McNally will get the correct man in.

I was away yesterday and only found out about Lambert this morning. Has he actually left the club and have Villa offered him a job. If it is no to both, is there a possibility that he could remain?

[quote user="dj"]I was away yesterday and only found out about Lambert this morning. Has he actually left the club and have Villa offered him a job. If it is no to both, is there a possibility that he could remain?[/quote]
Lambert offered his resignation, which was refused and is currently in talks with Villa regarding the manager position. There is a very, very, very slim chance he might refuse and still be (officially) Norwich manager, but after his current actions the board might just place him on gardening leave and hire someone else. 

To the future ... back to the Championship!

Sorry - but next season was going to be a challenge any way but now, with the squad we have, cash available compared to others and without Mr Miracle who transformed us with his magic touch, it will be a mammoth task. 

Brilliant post Jas.

Good point re.Ruddy-and the thing there is, it might be one to consider-Rudd and Steer are highly rated, both very capable of making it to the top, would have no worries about either starting next season, other clubs have thrown in young keepers-if you''re good enough etc.

Didn''t Leicester sell Gordon Banks because they knew what they had in Shilton?

If Ruddy stays-and hope he will-one, maybe both, of Rudd and Steer will leave, they''re not going to be a No.2 forever. Do we stick or twist?

Yep agreed with that jas, I just hope this all gets put to bed and quick so we can move on.

I have to say I don''t really want Lambert here now, I  thank him for all he''s done with us and I think it is time for him to move on! Should the circumstances change and he stays here for what ever reason, it won''t be the same love affair and the fans won''t show him any mercy should our results go bad next season. Thank you and good bye Mr Lambert.

As for Holt, well if Villa do want him and offer the going rate of 4-5 million then take the money and let the next manager buy in a fresh new player, as said before Norwich will have a New Hero!

Let''s not get too down, there some good managers out there who will jump at the chance of being Norwich manager and we have a great young squad.

I may be naive but I honestly can''t see Ruddy wanting to leave. Before joining us, he had numerous loan moves and even admitted that he thought about giving up the game. He was very grateful for the opportunity given to him at Norwich and I believe he tried to work that move himself. Since being here he said he has never been happier, he is enjoying his football and as well as that his family are now settled for this first time, with the bonus being that they arn''t far from their family either.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]

To the future ... back to the Championship!

Sorry - but next season was going to be a challenge any way but now, with the squad we have, cash available compared to others and without Mr Miracle who transformed us with his magic touch, it will be a mammoth task. 

[/quote]how do you know the new manager wont be better than Lambert?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]John Ruddy, like it or not i think he will be Lamberts first Villa signing... an England goalkeeper, young with a good future.. Given will settle for a place on the subs bench. [/quote]

Why would they spend precious money on Ruddy when they''ve already got a very good Premier League goalie in Shay Given? Significantly more proven at this level and very well respected.

Think again.

think lambo lost his way somewhat last season and this could be the best time to part company for both him and us - I trust in McNally to find the right replacement.

At the minute I can''t be positive for the future. We''ve potentially lost Lambert, Holt, Whitbread, Fox, Drury & Wilby which means there''s no experience or leadership left to guide the younger players. The squad is completely unsettled by the events of last week. We''ve also lost Naughton who was probally our best and most consistent player last year. We''re in a complete mess at the minute, Southampton & Reading must be rolling around in laughter, Their survival target just got a dam site easier. 

Oh no lc! I never looked at that! We will be league 2 in 5 years, conference in 7 and won''t exist in 15.

There''s no doubt that this is possibly the biggest managearial appointment we will ever make, get it right and it could be that the new manager takes the batton from Lambert and runs with it, giving the club fresh impetus. I dont see why it should be all doom and gloom. The Holt situation could still be sorted if not we look like were going to want a substantial fee. Other teams are probably now going to underestimate us again next season, where if Lambert was in charge they would have thought we were going to be a real challenge, this could well all work to our advantage in what was always going to be a real tough second season regardless who was in charge. There''s no reason this cant have a silver lining for us.