Sign in to follow this  

Easier now for the new manager....

Had Paul Lambert left with the overwhelming goodwill of our supporters, any new manager would have had to work miracles to fill his enormous boots.Given what''s happened however, I suspect the new man in the chair won''t feel anywhere near as much pressure to actually become Paul Lambert and so may be allowed to plough his own furrow at CR.

May i also subscribe to your train of thought Cluck ? If Nutty and Lapp pop up and agree with you i am sorry but you will be deemed to be a member of our gang.[;)][H]

[quote user="Cluck Nose."]Had Paul Lambert left with the overwhelming goodwill of our supporters, any new manager would have had to work miracles to fill his enormous boots.Given what''s happened however, I suspect the new man in the chair won''t feel anywhere near as much pressure to actually become Paul Lambert and so may be allowed to plough his own furrow at CR.[/quote]Top post! [Y]

So long as we stay up comfortably again, i''ll be over the moon.

[quote user="Cluck Nose."]Had Paul Lambert left with the overwhelming goodwill of our supporters, any new manager would have had to work miracles to fill his enormous boots.

Given what''s happened however, I suspect the new man in the chair won''t feel anywhere near as much pressure to actually become Paul Lambert and so may be allowed to plough his own furrow at CR.

[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more[Y]

We get a full house if Lapps agrees.Who would have thought it, Cluck wanting to be in our gang?[:D]

Lol, just spotted Lapps'' post.You''re in Cluck.The forum gang tee shirt is in the post.

[quote user="morty"]Lol, just spotted Lapps'' post.

You''re in Cluck.

The forum gang tee shirt is in the post.
[/quote]

I have hung on putting it in the post Morty as 1) Do you know what size he is ? 2) What name should i have printed on the back....Paul Cluckbert,Jeremy Cluckson,Cluck Nose,Cluckin Nora ? Blimey the list is endless [:P]

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]I agree seige mentality, Dunkirk spirtit and revenge is the order of the day[/quote]
It''s the mentality Mourinho creates at all his clubs, can''t argue with his CV.

[quote user="morty"]Lol, just spotted Lapps'' post.You''re in Cluck.The forum gang tee shirt is in the post.[/quote]I''m overcome with emotion! [:O]

This is true, the same could be said for Holt and his possible/probable departure, his and Lambert''s actions make it much easier for us to accept this changing of the guard, strange as it may seem but this will probably help Morison next season, us fans will be looking for a new goal scoring hero and maybe just maybe he has been given a new lease of life by Holt''s own self destruction of his Immortal image/status amongst us fans, (now we''ve seen a different side to Holt it may slightly explain Morison''s lack of confidence during the season??) ....as they say one door closes another one opens.

[quote user="Cluck Nose."]Had Paul Lambert left with the overwhelming goodwill of our supporters, any new manager would have had to work miracles to fill his enormous boots.Given what''s happened however, I suspect the new man in the chair won''t feel anywhere near as much pressure to actually become Paul Lambert and so may be allowed to plough his own furrow at CR.[/quote]Golly.  I agree with you!Let''s not ease up too much though, I think Peter Grant was given far too much slack just because he wasn''t Nigel Worthington.

There is no slacking, the manager that comes in has to lift a team, has to massively add to that and keep us up next year. He has huge pressure, 17th is our aim anything above is an achievement like this year.I have let Lambert leave with my support, I can understand the move and expect him to move on from Villa to a top job in 2-3 years time. The new manager has huge boots to fill and has to continue a bit with Lamberts ethos with the players etc as we all know that is what kept us up this year, we have quality but our main thing is the ethos of the team. We have Howson as a clear star in the middle of the park, Hoolahoops and Pilky as creative gems, an england keeper, Ryan Bennett and a welsh international striker who scored 10 goals last season. He has to add to this with players who can compliment and excel beyond these players if we want to stay up.Big task and one that when the new manager comes in will be prepared for and they will not be under any illusions of how tough it is going to be to stamp their own style and to keep this club in the premiership. It wasn''t going to be easy with Lambert at the helm, it is going to be equally more difficult if not more.

There is a lot of dross out there looking to pay their mortgages off.... so let''s hope it''s not some old lag with a hard luck story as to why he got sacked from his last job.Whoever comes in will have a tough job.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Cluck Nose."]Had Paul Lambert left with the overwhelming goodwill of our supporters, any new manager would have had to work miracles to fill his enormous boots.

Given what''s happened however, I suspect the new man in the chair won''t feel anywhere near as much pressure to actually become Paul Lambert and so may be allowed to plough his own furrow at CR.

[/quote]

Golly.  I agree with you!

Let''s not ease up too much though, I think Peter Grant was given far too much slack just because he wasn''t Nigel Worthington.
[/quote]

Ha! But which of the following two options would afford the new manager most good will?

Following a manager who left long after the fans wanted him out?

Or following a manager who left long before the fans wanted him out?

You can''t really blame these managers and footballers for looking after number one because they know how difficult the "results business" is and ultimately how little patience fans have.