Sign in to follow this  
Google Bot

Lamberts signings at villa

Do you think they will be indication of who would''ve come in to Norwich next season?

Or worse, an indication of who he would''ve liked at Norwich but couldn''t afford?

Would be very interesting if Lansbury joined Him, as i presumed he wasn''t Lambert''s cup of tea. That would signal that money has been an issue.

if Lansbury ,a player that couldnt get in West Ham''s first XI ,is the calibre of player Lambert would sign for Villa, I would be delighted......it would show how financially screwed they really are !!!!!

[quote user="baldyboy"]think he may go for Green as hes leaving Wet Sham!!
[/quote]

I would have said that GK is about the only position that Lambert doesnt have to strengthen in that shambles of a team?!?

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]Do you think they will be indication of who would''ve come in to Norwich next season?

Or worse, an indication of who he would''ve liked at Norwich but couldn''t afford?

Would be very interesting if Lansbury joined Him, as i presumed he wasn''t Lambert''s cup of tea. That would signal that money has been an issue.[/quote]More the latter - the players Norwich couldn''t afford.I doubt we''ll see any Darren Bent size signings. The difference will be in the wages.

I dont see why he would go for Green while he has Given in goal, as for Lansbury he spend large proportion of last season on the West Ham bench, he would have struggled to hold down a regular first team spot here aswell imo. It''ll be interesting to see who he goes for track record is he plays it pretty safe with recruitment, remains to be seen what he can do in the foreign markets which I''m sure Villa fans will want. I expect he''ll be held to ransom though if he goes for any of our players.

GJL - I could see Lansburys wage demands being an issue here.

Also, Big Sam''s Bypass the midfield style differs very much from Lambert''s philosophies.

[quote user="baldyboy"]think he may go for Green as hes leaving Wet Sham!![/quote]

Shay Given is still a top goalkeeper. He was about the only reason it wasnt a complete embarrasment for Villa on the last day of the season. If they were that strong in every area of the team. They would be looking at the top half of the league easily.

I think it will be interesting to see if he really rates Holt. To inherit him is one thing, to pay a large portion of a limited budget for him is entirely different.

They have little or no more cash than us so it will be the ones we wanted. He  will be smart enough to steel a march whilst we have a vacuum of no manager

I dont know Yorkshire if it''ll work out that way, a new manager might well have different targets, we''ll see. Also if it''s a step up and he''s going to sign the same players as he was going for with us what was the point in leaving?, If i was a villa fan i would hope being the big club they think they are that the sights would be raised on signings aswell.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]They have little or no more cash than us so it will be the ones we wanted. He  will be smart enough to steel a march whilst we have a vacuum of no manager[/quote]Um?.. what? I really wish people would stop voicing their opinions on these boards as fact.The only things we know for sure about Villa are:Their owner is richThey have attracted a very good, highly ambitious managerThey pay vastly higher salariesTheir debt is owed to their ownerAnything else is purely speculation.

Yes, as confident as I can possibly be that Snodgrass and Nauughton will end up there-the latter a good reason why he probably won''t go for Russell Martin.

I''m sure he''ll covert Howson and Bennett-I do, well the conspirator in me does, wonder if he didn''t "park" them both here in January with the intention of collecting them later on!

But I''m more certain to believe that Howson may eventually break our club record for a sale and if thats the case, it won''t be Villa who get him.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

Yes, as confident as I can possibly be that Snodgrass and Nauughton will end up there-the latter a good reason why he probably won''t go for Russell Martin.

I''m sure he''ll covert Howson and Bennett-I do, well the conspirator in me does, wonder if he didn''t "park" them both here in January with the intention of collecting them later on!

But I''m more certain to believe that Howson may eventually break our club record for a sale and if thats the case, it won''t be Villa who get him.

[/quote]

I could see Naughton and Snodgrasss going there, but i dont think the parking comment about players stacks up, if anything prising players away from a club you''ve just royally P!''Sed off you expect to be extremely expensive for him especially with McNally in charge.

Rumour in the Midlands is 30m transfer fund now the clubs wage bill has been brought into line over the last 2 seasons

I''d expect a few of the deadwood big earners like Dunne, Warnock, Collins and Hutton to get the chop too

[quote user="AJ"]Rumour in the Midlands is 30m transfer fund now the clubs wage bill has been brought into line over the last 2 seasons I''d expect a few of the deadwood big earners like Dunne, Warnock, Collins and Hutton to get the chop too[/quote]

thats their entire back 4!!...........and to replace them all with better players will cost a lot money.....which i very much doubt they have?