Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Howson - new captain ????

Partly because I think he''s captain material and partly because we need now make him feel that he''s now the most important player here and avoid having his head turned??.................what do you reckon?

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Should the Holt situation not be resolved then he''d be my choice.[/quote]

Gets my vote, even if fatty stays.

My new favourite player since the first time I saw him in yellow and green.But I think it would be unfair to look past Russel Martin.

[quote user="morty"]My new favourite player since the first time I saw him in yellow and green.But I think it would be unfair to look past Russel Martin.[/quote]

I am a massive fan of Russell Martin but I think Howson just about gets the nod because I think he will start in virtually every game next season. Not sure I could say the same about Russ.

[quote user="Jacko"]

[quote user="morty"]My new favourite player since the first time I saw him in yellow and green.But I think it would be unfair to look past Russel Martin.[/quote]

I am a massive fan of Russell Martin but I think Howson just about gets the nod because I think he will start in virtually every game next season. Not sure I could say the same about Russ.

[/quote]Don''t they have positions of club captain and first team captain?Russ for club captain, Jonny for first team if the case.

Not sure about being captain just yet, one for the future certainly.

What I am sure about is that we are going to see an awesome season from him, he got better and better towards the end of last season as he regained fitness and got used to the Premier League.

He could be one of the stars next season.

While there is all this focus on losing our manager and captain, I think we need to remember the quality we have in midfield, certainly one of the best units outside the top 6.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Jacko"]

[/quote]Don''t they have positions of club captain and first team captain?Russ for club captain, Jonny for first team if the case.[/quote]

If thats the case then I think that is an excellent choice on both counts.

even if Holt stays he should be strpped of the captaincy and it should be given to Howson. Actually wouldn''t surprise me if this has already happened TBH!!

I still kind- of hope he stays, I''m sure nothing is irretrievable, but whatever happens, Holt has been behaving like anything but a club captain in the last few weeks, so the role obviously needs to go to someone else.

[quote user="Jacko"]

[quote user="morty"]My new favourite player since the first time I saw him in yellow and green.

But I think it would be unfair to look past Russel Martin.
[/quote]

[/quote]

well we''re not going to get Naughton back next season I wouldnt have thought, so I would have said that Martin probably will play most games?

[quote user="Bryangunnshairline"]Maybe a bit early but I see Ryan Bennett as a future captain.[/quote]

Definitely leadership qualities there for the future. But I agree with you entirely, it is probably a little bit early for him just yet. He needs to continue focusing on developing his game first. The captaincy could potentially come further down the line.

Russell Martin would be my 1st choice provided he plays the majority of games.

Otherwise Howson a great pick, as he will be pivotal to our success next season

and guaranteed to play all games unless injured

Surely Holt needs to be chastised for his outburst, it''s sufficient graciousness on our part to reinstate him.

I would make Howson captain with immediate effect, persuading him to contact other players. I would even consult him on new players. He has proved to be a very good signing, with bags of commitment. (The only slight doubt I have is the reputed top salary he agreed on signing. Perhaps we need to sweeten other importan players to quell the mutiny?)

Should be Howson as captain, with Ruddy or Russ as vice-captain. Normally I wouldn''t want a player that young as captain, but he did it at Leeds so there''s no reason he can''t do it here.