Sign in to follow this  
dj

West Ham bid 4 million for Holt

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Crispy"]It''s his first post ... nice welcome committee guys. Give him a break your acting like a bunch of sarcastic old gits ..... then again you probably are.
[/quote]

Top tip for anyone new.

Read the forum a bit, see whats being talked about etc before you just wade in[Y]
[/quote]

No good doing that though if the original post has been removed by the secret police  !!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

So if he we do see him in a Norwich City shirt again you won''t be cheering his goals and singing his praises then. Because you couldn''t be that fickle.

Could you.....

[/quote]

His new chant should be the Norfolk tevez oh grant holt the norfolk tevez.

I hope he stays but I don''t think he will ever be as loved now. He will always been re,entered for this now.

I thought Lambert was fed up about Butler getting all the headlines, hence leaving for a bunch of con''s.

for me Holt just about has enough credit in the bank to still come back from this.......but only just!

remember that Tevez looked a gonner for Man City last season and even buggered off for six months but came back and played a big part in winning them the league.

its only because of this "credit" that Holt has that saved him from the same level of abuse that Damian Francis got in that pre-season friendly against Inter Milan all those years ago, against Celtic the other week.

Tevez refused to play for his club. Holt has never given anything but his best for his. Where''s the comparison?

what i''m saying is ,we only saw tevez''s reaction because it came about mid-season,.......how do we know what Holt would do??.......at the end of the day neither of them wanted/wants to be at their respective club....thats the comparison

When has Holt stated he doesn''t want to be at the club?

I suppose his actions suggest he doesn''t want to be here on his present terms.

He''s never refused to play. He''s never put in a sub-standard performance like Fulham away in 2005. It''s not remotely like Tevez or Francis.

Or am I missing something?

call me old-fashioned but putting a "transfer request" in (and then re-confirming it a week later) means that you don''t want to be at a club..............and he hasn''t played a game for Norwich after doing this.

GJL, playing devils advocate here.

But that transfer request followed a refusal from the club to extend his stay here, quite the opposite of wanting to leave.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]dress it up all you like but a transfer "request"........is a "request" to be transferred ?!?!?[/quote]

I don''t believe I''ve dressed anything up. Can you say the same?

Well if you really see Holt''s actions the same as Francis and Tevez then I can only suggest what happens on the pitch is of little importance to you.

Holt will be sold and if we can get the £6 million we are supposedly looking for it will be the best bit of business this club has ever done.

[quote user="Ncfc"]Holt will be sold and if we can get the £6 million we are supposedly looking for it will be the best bit of business this club has ever done.
[/quote]

well that depends on how easily it is / how much it costs to replace a 15 goal premiership striker?.  As I said on another thread ,it cost Bolton £4m to sign Marvin Sordell in January!!....on that basis £6m doesnt get you far.

remember we on sold Sutton for £5m and replaced him with Ashley Ward for £300k............we got relegatef.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[quote user="Ncfc"]Holt will be sold and if we can get the £6 million we are supposedly looking for it will be the best bit of business this club has ever done.
[/quote]

well that depends on how easily it is / how much it costs to replace a 15 goal premiership striker?.  As I said on another thread ,it cost Bolton £4m to sign Marvin Sordell in January!!....on that basis £6m doesnt get you far.

remember we on sold Sutton for £5m and replaced him with Ashley Ward for £300k............we got relegatef.

[/quote]

That was ok though because we got Mike Sheron.....

I remember Ted Macdougall was 29 when we sold him for £50,000!

Holt would need replacing in the next two years anyway and will he ever again hit 15 premiership goals , £6 million for somebody coming up to 32 is amazing , factor in he wants out anyway and its a no brainer .

well if he does move to West Ham (or anywhere else) that can presumably only mean, if he actually,really does want to stay at Norwich, that they have offered him a 3 year contract when we wouldn''t.......if he leaves for a contract less than that, then maybe it''s for other reasons????

I really dont know what he would have to do before people see him for what he is. He couldnt of picked a worse time for his tantrum its detrimental to the team for next season and it isnt any where near yet. He''s apparently been hash tagging (im not up on this twitter garbage but read it on pinkun homepage) ''''holt to villa''''. Hes pretty much destabilising the dressing room before the season starts. But people on here are saying they would love him to be in green and yellow next season, But why? So we can have this all over again at the end of next season or in january. Like many i idolised him and thought he was here for the rest of his career i also thought that was what he wanted but if he can kick us all when were down then where does it stop?? One man doesn''t make NCFC. I think if he took the strip off took a crap on it people would still say ''''its ok he scored 15 goals last season''''. I never ever ever thought i''d be writting this about Holt aka the badge kisser. I can''t ever forgive him for this even if he scored 30 goals next season. Sorry if this upsets people but im saying it exactly how i see it