Sign in to follow this  
PL-Paul Lambert&Premier League

AVB Spotted in Norwich

seen 3 posts in the last 40 minutes saying AVB is in Norwich... two from FB friends and one on Twitter, either an elaborate Troll.. at least i hope it is, they did say foreign managers are getting looked at but he really isn''t that good, and would demand a huge wage packet, and i deffo dont want him as manager lol..

I can''t see how he isn''t very good. If you''re referring to his stint at Chelsea, trying being a manager at a club where so many regard themselves as more important to you and disregard your opinions and instructions. His record prior to Chelsea speaks for itself and it would be good to see him manage us after being so arrogant in August, would be a real testament to what we have achieved.Having said that I would be just as happy with Hughton.

[quote user="PLPaul LambertPremier League"]seen 3 posts in the last 40 minutes saying AVB is in Norwich... two from FB friends and one on Twitter, either an elaborate Troll.. at least i hope it is, they did say foreign managers are getting looked at but he really isn''t that good, and would demand a huge wage packet, and i deffo dont want him as manager lol..[/quote]Not reeeeeeally elaborate is it?

Yeah don''t judge him on his time at Chelsea, but think we''ll get priced out of this....same as when someone mentioned McClaren the other day and turned their nose up at it. His club record has been exceptional.

first thing i thought when i read the thread was oh no!!!.then after thinking for a few seconds i think even though this is total fantasy it would be an amazing appointment.the guy will go on to be a top top manager and i would love norwich to be a training ground of the future greats.

This is absurd...

His wage would be too much for us to pay for starters, and he''s not going to go to "little ol Norwich" is he? He just managed a champions league team and before that won the Europa league...

[quote user="PLPaul LambertPremier League"]seen 3 posts in the last 40 minutes saying AVB is in Norwich... two from FB friends and one on Twitter, either an elaborate Troll.. at least i hope it is, they did say foreign managers are getting looked at but he really isn''t that good, and would demand a huge wage packet, and i deffo dont want him as manager lol..[/quote]They were probably talking about Alan Victor Bowkett.

i saw him.. looking at the job adverts at the job centre... he seemed delighted at the minimum wage Waiter one and i wish him all the best.

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]Yeah don''t judge him on his time at Chelsea, but think we''ll get priced out of this....same as when someone mentioned McClaren the other day and turned their nose up at it. His club record has been exceptional.[/quote]

You''re kidding!

Not bad at Boro and good in his first spell at Twente.  Fairly rubbish at Wolfsburg, woeful at Forest and ok ish in his second spell at Twente.  Not mentioning his reign as England manager.

Certainly not dynamic, forward thinking or what I would describe as hungry.

If he became our manager, I can guarantee he''d start to speak with a norfolk accent!

It is likely that he is still on Chelseas payroll as he had a MASSIVE contract there. Unless they paid him off which would normally be unlikely but with Chelsea who knows..If he is still on their payroll then if he takes another job I''m pretty sure he''d forfeit his Chelsea pay day meaning that we''d have to at least get close to his deal, and that is unlikely. If we could afford AVB then we''d have had the money to put up with a better chance of keeping PL.Don''t believe it.

Just been given a £12 M payoff for his stint at Chelsea, he could work for free for a while if he wanted to. Good manager and he was never going to succeed at Chelsea, the board wanted him to build a youthful and energetic team, but by leaving out the older players he was always gpoing to fall out with the players, they control that team.I wouldn''t want him though, mainly for his personality, he annoys the hell out of me, much worse than Jose, he had something about him. Think Hughton will be signing very soon, as usual we have gone about our business in private and compensation is surely being sorted out at the moment, Villa should learn from us about how to approach a manger, no need for all these public mess.