Sign in to follow this  
thenorthstand

What makes me furious about the GH situation...

IS PEOPLE GIVING HIM SUCH A HARD TIME.

Firstly, people saying we ''made him what he is'' etc. need to get their heads checked. If we ''made him'' surely we can go pick up another league 1 striker and ''make'' him, too. It doesn''t work like that, does it.

If money is an issue, then fair enough. I know what wages GH is on (preparing for a bashing, but honestly, I do) and it''s not enough for a player of his calibre. It''s a handsome wage, but think about it, if you could triple your earning power for the last few years of your career having struggled as a lower league footballer for most of it, wouldn''t you? Yes, you would.

The other reason he could leave? European football? Big club? If this is the case then good on him for having ambitions of playing at the highest level.

He owes us nothing and shouldn''t be resented for his three years of amazing service.

It''s an interesting thought, Does NCFC owe Holt, or Holt owe NCFC?

You can''t blame him for wanting to leave to earn some more money. If he doesn''t leave or get a new contract now, he may never get the chance again. With 3 kids to support, I doubt he''d want to go back to being a tyre fitter...

Well said ,we aren''t a big club no matter how much we would like to be.Will never pay the higher wages.

If he wants to leave to secure his financial future, fair play to him.As long as we get a few pennies to replace him ,I''m sure we will be ok.

I''m glad it''s not just me. Holty is a hero and always will be a hero.

He''s played his entire career in the lower leagues, not earning the millions we associate with footballers. He''s proven he can play at the highest level so how can you blame him for looking for a big payday at the end of his career?

He''s done his bit for the club, and i unfortunately think it may be time for the club to do their bit for him. If he wants to leave, don''t stand in his way, and put the bitterness aside.

Exactly right, he''s got to maximise his earning potential while he can. He deserves to be paid as much as Andy Carroll for example, even though this will never happen, but he could easily triple his wages elsewhere in the premiership.

i can certainly understand the payday and bettering himself aspect i just cant help but think coudnt he of waited till after the testimonial its suppose to be about drury its bad enough with the lambert saga let alone this on top aswell takes away some focus the thing that puzzles me is he was talking about getting high up on the scoring charts then asks to leave very strange hopefully will find out the truth whats happening either way one player no matter how good doesnt make our team least we have time to find a replacement and hopefully lambert will be the man doing the finding

[quote user="thenorthstand"]Exactly right, he''s got to maximise his earning potential while he can. He deserves to be paid as much as Andy Carroll for example, even though this will never happen, but he could easily triple his wages elsewhere in the premiership.[/quote]

not being funny, but carroll is already three times the player holt is; and he''s only going to get better.

[quote user="thenorthstand"]IS PEOPLE GIVING HIM SUCH A HARD TIME.  If money is an issue, then fair enough. I know what wages GH is on (preparing for a bashing, but honestly, I do) and it''s not enough for a player of his calibre. It''s a handsome wage, but think about it, if you could triple your earning power for the last few years of your career having struggled as a lower league footballer for most of it, wouldn''t you?.[/quote]

Haven''t seen anyone giving him a hard time on here as no-one know the facts yet but if you''re saying hes not happy with our wage structure, he would have known what that was when he signed his new 3 year contract last July.

[quote user="thenorthstand"]IS PEOPLE GIVING HIM SUCH A HARD TIME. Firstly, people saying we ''made him what he is'' etc. need to get their heads checked. If we ''made him'' surely we can go pick up another league 1 striker and ''make'' him, too. It doesn''t work like that, does it. If money is an issue, then fair enough. I know what wages GH is on (preparing for a bashing, but honestly, I do) and it''s not enough for a player of his calibre. It''s a handsome wage, but think about it, if you could triple your earning power for the last few years of your career having struggled as a lower league footballer for most of it, wouldn''t you? Yes, you would. The other reason he could leave? European football? Big club? If this is the case then good on him for having ambitions of playing at the highest level. He owes us nothing and shouldn''t be resented for his three years of amazing service.[/quote]

How much then or is it confidential?

From the sounds of it, he didn''t hand the request in for a big payday but a desire to move back up North. Something will have gone on behind the scenes for it to happen like this so quickly.

Wish him good luck however this turns out - he has been crucial to our recent success and can''t begrudge the man moving on now we have stayed up.

I agree 3 years of amazing service. I love Holt and if he wants to leave for reasons stated above then I''m Ok with that.

What I am Ok with is the media circus and the disrespect towards the club, the fans, and drury with the manner and timing of this.

If a month down the line, we signed his replacement, and then announced he was off, thats one thing, this is quite another and I have lost a lot of respect for him regardless of his reasoning, due to the handling of this situation, and the disrespect to Drury, a man who is loyal to this club beyond belief.

You have to be got to be joking

There is no excuse for putting a transfer request to force matters either for a higher wage or to transfer to another club.

Football is not just a job that''s why we love the sense of identify with the Club and the players that play for it and chant their name every week because we are all part of a entity. In any event once you have got 13K a week to want a lot more is just pure greed.

I feel a massive sense of betrayal by someone who couldn''t have got any more love off the fans, and has undermined the club in a very uncertain time

[quote user="militantcanary"]You have to be got to be joking

There is no excuse for putting a transfer request to force matters either for a higher wage or to transfer to another club.

Football is not just a job
that''s why we love the sense of identify with the Club and the players that play for it and chant their name every week because we are all part of a entity. In any event once you have got 13K a week to want a lot more is just pure greed.

I feel a massive sense of betrayal by someone who couldn''t have got any more love off the fans, and has undermined the club in a very uncertain time[/quote]Unfortunately football is just a job to the majority of players and managers.Its only the fans who really give a 5hit!

If it is the case that he just wants to move back north then it couldve been handled a lot better and with more dignity thus far.  This would also limit our demands re. fee as he will only want to go to certain clubs in a certain area.

I am still holding judgment until I hear the full story, I just feel this has clearly been leaked out at Holt''s end, not the club, and do not like the way this has occurred.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="thenorthstand"]IS PEOPLE GIVING HIM SUCH A HARD TIME.  If money is an issue, then fair enough. I know what wages GH is on (preparing for a bashing, but honestly, I do) and it''s not enough for a player of his calibre. It''s a handsome wage, but think about it, if you could triple your earning power for the last few years of your career having struggled as a lower league footballer for most of it, wouldn''t you?.[/quote]

Haven''t seen anyone giving him a hard time on here as no-one know the facts yet but if you''re saying hes not happy with our wage structure, he would have known what that was when he signed his new 3 year contract last July.

[/quote]Yes, but that was before he scored 17 goals this season and finished as 2nd highest English goalscorer in the Premier League.  That''s quite a bargaining position for any renegotiation.  If we won''t give him a pay rise, plenty of mid-table clubs will - Sunderland and Everton are known for their love of strapping centre forwards.