Sign in to follow this  
simo

Naughton

Is there a distinct possibility we could get him on a permanent?One for the future!

[quote user="simo"]Is there a distinct possibility we could get him on a permanent?One for the future![/quote]one for the now i''d say!

Not sure how long he has left on his deal at Spurs, but we got priced out of a move for him in January. He''ll definitely be playing first team football for someone in the Prem next year, I just fear it may not be us

I don''t think we actually got priced out of a move, Lambert just wanted to sign a couple of others (Howson & Bennett), who were needed more then, Naughton was still going to be here until the end of the season. Now it''s time for next seasons budget, I''m sure Naughton won''t be that expensive...

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]I don''t see why Spurs would sell, when Corluka leaves this summer they don''t have cover for Walker.[/quote]
Spurs might need to sell to finance a move for Adebayor?

If we go after Naughton in the summer Lambert should try and do a double deal for Stephen Caulker as well. Both excellent young players with prem experience already and can only get better. 6-8 million should just about do I would have thought.

Our best defender last season, who should have got third place in our player of the season awards in my eyes.We all know now what we would get and I believe a lot of clubs would have seen the good potential in this right back. I think we would have a star right back if he joined, he is still learning and with some experienced heads around him can develop into a great defensive group.Caulker is a great call, I think we do need however still an experienced head, Ward and Barnett are not players who you would want to rest your season on. Ayala and Bennett will get better, but we also need someone in tha tdefence with a voice and a bit of anger to tell them to sort it out when it is not going our way.Naughton has everything you need as a modern full back, just lacks a little height but would be very happy with him at right back. If we don''t however, then I know that money will have been put into other positions that greatly need a looking at. We need the core of the team looked at and another wide player.

I agree with all the above and we should indeed pull all the stops out to secure Naughton.

I personally think that Spurs might go for a big nam full bavk in the summer as their eyes are now firmly planted on the Champions League possibilities.

They are a club who never seem to have money problems and usually spend big. Their supporters from Golder''s Green ensure this no doubt.

There seems to be some confusion re: Naughton''s contractual situation with some saying he is soon to be a free agent and others stating that he is signed up to S[purs for longer than this. As a free agent, we would be favourites with the player. As a fee, it could well be £3-4m.

Yer pays yer money yer takes yer choice. Choose him,

Apologies for the typos. My cursor (only on here) only goes forward and I wonder if anybody else is currently having this poblem (problem)O ??????

I was under the impression that he was out of contract at Spurs, but due to his age we would have to pay them compensation if he were to sign for us.

I''d love him to come here, there is no doubting his quality, but I would have thought a highly rated prospect at a top 4 club would be commanding a wage above what we are able to offer.

Wouldn''t surprise me to see Lambert head back in to the Championship and maybe bring in Clyne from Palace in a cash + SCM deal.

Whereas AFAIK, his contract isn''t up until next summer, meaning we can''t get him on a free/via compo, but we should be able to argue a decent price in the event that Naughton advises Spurs he wants to move.

Just a guess but i think he will be our first signing of the close season. Would be a great signing.

Lambert said in a Q&A session the other week that we couldn''t afford to buy Naughton as we simply don''t have enough money and ''no where near the £40 million that people suggest''.

[quote user="Largey24"]Lambert said in a Q&A session the other week that we couldn''t afford to buy Naughton as we simply don''t have enough money and ''no where near the £40 million that people suggest''.[/quote]
So Naughton''s a guaranteed buy. [;)]  [:P]

[quote user="Largey24"]Lambert said in a Q&A session the other week that we couldn''t afford to buy Naughton as we simply don''t have enough money and ''no where near the £40 million that people suggest''.[/quote]

Surely you mean £4m Largey ----- £40m would be daft.

We could stretch to the former I would think.

The sad, sad loan system yet again.

If he was not loaned out he would not be getting the experience at the highest level and would not be getting the exposure that he is.

The better he plays for us the more expensive he becomes for us to buy.

As with other loan players, they price themselves out of the market for the teams they play for, the teams that improve them.

[quote user="Yellow Green Army"]If we go after Naughton in the summer Lambert should try and do a double deal for Stephen Caulker as well. Both excellent young players with prem experience already and can only get better. 6-8 million should just about do I would have thought.[/quote]For goodness sake how much money do you think PL has for a transfer pot?