Sign in to follow this  
Derby Canary

Brendan Rodgers

What a credit Brendan Rodgers is to himself and his Club, preferring to stay and build with Swansea than the immediate ''excitement'' of talking to Liverpool.Let''s hope that Paul Lambert follows this example and the example of his so called mentor, Martin O''Neill (The Gaffer) who turned downed endless lucrative offers before eventually being prised away from Wycombe Wanderers!You still have much to prove Mr Lambert before you can be confirmed as a top Premiership Manager, stick in there for at least another season and demonstrate again your worth at this level before inevitably moving on to the next level!

Rodgers got his fingers burnt when he left Watford to go to Reading. (After saying that he didn''t want to leave). He did terribly and got sacked within 6 months.

Rogers is a credit to himself for being honest he obviously wholeheartedly wants to see out the job at Swansea. Just as big a credit is Lambert, if he would consider a move away to a bigger club he''s better not to say he 100% will stay, he''s just being honest. Imo if Liverpool were to offer Lambert the job he''d probably be off and to be honest who could blame him.

Considering at one point it looked more than possible that both Norwich and Swansea would finish above Liverpool he''s probably better off building on what he has!

Brendan''s a top guy and a brilliant manager but I think he knows he''s not ready yet. He hasn''t quite yet sorted himself out a plan B with that side yet and will want to show that him and his side arn''t just a flash in the pan.

I think also feels indebted to Swans after they give him a chance to rebuild himself after his Reading tenure.

I thought the same as most have said on here, It was quite refreshing to hear the comments that he said and it must also fill Swansea fans with a lot of encouragement at the minute. I wish Lambert hadnt of been so honest after thevilla game to be honest id rather instead of him saying what he did that he just said of course il be here next season. Sometimes its better not to know things like that i mean look at the hysteria thast been happening on here for a week solid now. Its such a shame really as its been an amazing season better than most would ever of dared to dream yet this last week has sort of taken the shine off it a little bit. Jesus i sound like depressions setting in lol

[quote user="Grantham Canary"]

I thought the same as most have said on here, It was quite refreshing to hear the comments that he said and it must also fill Swansea fans with a lot of encouragement at the minute. I wish Lambert hadnt of been so honest after thevilla game to be honest id rather instead of him saying what he did that he just said of course il be here next season.

[/quote]Words mean nothing in football!

Indeed! Wonder if a few more people understand Lambert''s silence now...?

Yep, as soon as a manager commits to their club when there is speculation, you know all they are doing is raising the stakes internally.  Rodgers ain''t no saint.  Lambert probably isn''t either (anyone who saw that footage of his penalty at Celtic knows that), but his silence is more honourable although bloody frustrating for fans.  The Beeb article on Rodgers now being in talks with Liverpoo also discusses that Villa have "made contact with Lambert''s representatives".  However it would seem that Lerner favours Martinez.  So it could be a whole summer of heightened specualtion for no end product. 

Even more curious is that Swansea have committed significant amounts of cash on players who may not be to the liking of any incoming manager.  I can''t see any other manager playing the Rodger''s way, that is going to be one hell of a handicap for any replacement.  Swansea my new favourites for relegation next season.

[quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="I.S."]Indeed! Wonder if a few more people understand Lambert''s silence now...?[/quote]Bingo...[/quote]

The interpretation of the silence can be seen in a few ways and indeed still is. Your understanding of it maybe very different to mine. Did you see it as not wanting to appear to be a liar if he left? or his usual stance on speculation?, a come and get me plea? a bout of sore throat perhaps, anyway whatever the reason for not tackling the speculation I really hope that martinez will now get the villa gig in the next few days leaving only the swansea vacancy to worry about, which even the most pessimistic fan can handle im sure