Sign in to follow this  
unique

Blackburn away - perfect timing....

There hasn''t been a better time to visit Ewood Park this season.....

Steve Kean appears to have totally lost the backing of the fans after the Givet incident and the heavy defeat, at the weekend.

With just one recognised centre-back available - Scott Dann, (providing things aren''t patched up with Givet), and Hoilett and Yakubu limping off injured, Blackburn look a club in disarray.

An early City goal could see things turning very ugly for Kean and his team.

I know things never seem to work out how they should, but I cannot think of a better place for Norwich to be playing away, to cast off the shadow of Saturday''s unwarranted heavy defeat.

We are in for a very hard game regardless of who is fit and available. I remember the majority (myself included) thinking the game at Carrow Road would be pretty straightforward. They turned out to be one of the better sides who have visited Carrow Road this season and we did incredibly well to get anything.

Morale is very low at Blackburn and they have lots of injuries and also players such as Givet that according to Kean last week refused to play. Anything less than a win will be disappointing, but bearing in mind our inconsistency and penchant for giving away soft goals anything is possible.

someone on TV said Blackburn are unbeaten in FIFTEEN games against newly promoted teams so that would be a very nice run to break!!!

I agree with the OP, but for Blackburn this really is a "must-win" as their remaining games are Spurs, Wigan and Chelsea.  They do seem to have gone to pieces recently, but as we saw at CR they can play with real quality.  If we go expecting a walkover we could get an uncomfortable surprise.

Having said that I expect PL to use last week''s thrashing to make sure our players are fully motivated.

City not lost against a team in bottom 5, can''t see it happening Saturday

[quote user="Jacko"]

We are in for a very hard game regardless of who is fit and available. I remember the majority (myself included) thinking the game at Carrow Road would be pretty straightforward. They turned out to be one of the better sides who have visited Carrow Road this season and we did incredibly well to get anything.

[/quote]

Pretty much spot on.I watched them play Spurs before us and they looked pretty good,so i knew it wouldn''t be an easy game,and so much it proved.

Just to add,it was a bloody good game of football though.

If Yakubu isn''t fit we really should win but playing a team desperate for points and survival is never easy - look at Wigan against Utd and Arsenal and QPR against Arsenal and Liverpool. 

[quote user="baldyboy"]someone on TV said Blackburn are unbeaten in FIFTEEN games against newly promoted teams so that would be a very nice run to break!!![/quote]They lost that record fairly emphatically last week...

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]If Yakubu isn''t fit we really should win but playing a team desperate for points and survival is never easy - look at Wigan against Utd and Arsenal and QPR against Arsenal and Liverpool. [/quote]

Nice analogy.  We''re Arsenal, Man U etc. in that one.

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="Jacko"]

[/quote]

Pretty much spot on.I watched them play Spurs before us and they looked pretty good,so i knew it wouldn''t be an easy game,and so much it proved.

Just to add,it was a bloody good game of football though.

[/quote]

... but hasn''t just about every opponent looked good against Spurs recently. I really think we give some sides far too much respect, and I include Liverpool away in that.  Let''s hope though that we put in a Spurs rather than a Fulham type performance against Blackburn. 

I wouldn''t be surprised if the majority of their fans already see themselves relegated, and would see it as just desserts for the Venkys and their appointment of Kean as the manager.

This really is a great opportunity to do to others as Fulham did to us. Their fans will be brittle, and that should work in Norwich''s favour. Yakubu''s and Hoilett''s potential absence will considerably blunt their attacking potential.