Sign in to follow this  
bringbackandyhughes

I hope people don't boo Bellamy tomorrow

Gave everything when he wore the Norwich shirt and has never said a bad word about the club.

Show him some respect. Class player and in my lifetime I would go as far to say the best player to come through the youth ranks at NCFC.

He may of been an exciting player for us and scored some great goals in his time here.On that we agree.However,since he has become really quite vile as a person.I find it hard to respect someone like that-even if they did use to play for us.

I won''t boo him I will clap him. He only got boos last time at carrow rd for his antics against Russell Martin playing for cardiff. A great player and like u said has never said a bad word about us. Oh bellamy ....

[quote user="bringbackandyhughes"]Gave everything when he wore the Norwich shirt and has never said a bad word about the club. Show him some respect. Class player and in my lifetime I would go as far to say the best player to come through the youth ranks at NCFC.[/quote]

But such a dislikable man.....can''t we boo him just a little?

Boo-ing isn''t really applicable with BellersHe gives all he can so will always be a ''hate figure'' for opposition fans, but a player with a bit of fire is worth a dozen of the sort of  lazy bast ards that turned out for us at Fulham in 2005A bit of friendly banter, harmless song/chant would be more suited, rather than any moronic booing

Not that it will happen but if Bellers was to leave Liverpool in the Summer I''d take him back here in an instant...

Can you imagine him and Holty leading the line? What a pairing that could be! *daydreaming now.....*

No, he might be a bit of the old devil on the pitch but he does a lot og good off it and in his own time-rarely mentioned. He''s a good lad, passionate, committed, loads of self belief-as City 1st said, not someone who would have laid down with his belly up @ Fulham as so many did.

Hope he gets a good reception. The side he was in under Rioch could really have gone somewhere had things worked out.

[quote user="Wings of a Sparrow"]Google the Craig Bellamy Foundation, that may change your opinion on whether to boo or not.[/quote]

Well said, what he as done in Sierra Leone is quite remarkable. Not the actions of a vile man as someone called him above. The documentary that was on tv recently was a real eye opener.

He is a passionate man on and off the pitch and yes that has occasionally boiled over but he would not be the player he has been without that passion and will to win.

One of the players of his generation and we should be proud that we developed him and brought him through.

Belluz is a winner, no harm in that...I remember when he scored against us for Newcastle and didn''t celebrate. He has also acknowledged in interviews how we bought him back from 3 serious injury''s when other clubs would have left him on the scrap heap.

[quote user="Wings of a Sparrow"]Google the Craig Bellamy Foundation, that may change your opinion on whether to boo or not.[/quote]

Well, now you''ve opened a can of worms.....! So a bloke who earns £50k a week becomes acceptable because he gives some of it to charity. Think you''ll find almost every Premier League footballer does that; doesn''t make them a nice person. True, he doesn''t have to do it and fair play to him and all the others who do and who willingly give their time, but the life of a professional footballer these days is so luxurious it''s almost a given.

Personally, I still think Bellamy is a D1cK and I will be booing him.....cos I pays my money and I damn well can.

[quote user="sgncfc"]

Well, now you''ve opened a can of worms.....! So a bloke who earns £50k a week becomes acceptable because he gives some of it to charity. Think you''ll find almost every Premier League footballer does that; doesn''t make them a nice person. True, he doesn''t have to do it and fair play to him and all the others who do and who willingly give their time, but the life of a professional footballer these days is so luxurious it''s almost a given.

Personally, I still think Bellamy is a D1cK and I will be booing him.....cos I pays my money and I damn well can.

[/quote]

1. Where is your proof regarding Prem plays who donate to charity?

2. Yes, you have the right to boo who you want.

3. You don''t sound like a particularly nice person yourself.

How about concentrating on cheering the team in Yellow! But hope Suerez gets plenty of stick!

Winding up Bellars will result in him giving it another 10%m - we dont want that.

It''s not often that you have your eyes opened and your mind changed about a person quite so much as I have had reading about his foundation on the website and the Guardian article when I googled the Craig Bellamy Foundation.

I suppose it is close to shock when I have always assumed he was just another thug.

Yes Shuck and I will clap him too.

Came for nothing - went for about £7 million; was a star here and always gave 100%; never said a bad word about us; - we undoubtedly benefited from his presence.

I know he has said and done some silly things at times, but give me his real passion over plastic PR trained robots like Shearer any day.

I won''t boo him at the start and will clap him;I will them treat him on his merits as to how he behaves during the game.