Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Howson starts for Norwich City reserves

Well.... we all wish him luck and just hope he takes it easy to start with!

Tweets

I was concerned that after Sunday''s defeat our season could go a bit flat. But Jonny Howson and Ryan Bennett could well give the team an extra lift to push on for the rest of the season.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Wilbraham is fit enough to play 6 hours of competitive football on a daily basis, forever.[/quote]

So they all should be. If he was lined up for a starting place on Saturday, then why risk him in a reserve game in-between? That''s my point.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Wilbraham is fit enough to play 6 hours of competitive football on a daily basis, forever.[/quote]

So they all should be. If he was lined up for a starting place on Saturday, then why risk him in a reserve game in-between? That''s my point.

[/quote]

They should? Forever?! Bloody hell!

Why is Wilbraham suddenly flavour of the month on the basis of a couple of decent sub appearances?

It wasn''t long ago that he was being referred to as ''Wheelie bin'' and he has done next to nothing since then to deserve his sudden elevation IMO.

Decent player, but hardly Premiership quality for us now and certainly not for the future. What''s the point? He''s justified his signing, so thanks Wheelie and goodbye.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[/quote]

They should? Forever?! Bloody hell!

[/quote]

Yer. get it. Six hours on a daily basis? Wow.

Its not like everyone thinks he''s God, just me!!

Anyone who called him Wheelie bin was quite frankly a bit silly, he''s never put in a bad performance for Norwich. He was never going to be the new Grant Holt was he? I think he''s done (this and last season) exactly what Lambert wanted him to do.

And ask De Gea if he thinks Wilbrahamovic is premiership quality, I bet he thought he shot was....

*He doesn''t need to be ''premiership quality'' anyway, thats not what he''s here for. I''m not 100% sure exactly what he''s here for, but Lambert wants him here, Lambert is doing so much better than anyone could have dreamed of, so I think we should maybe give him the benefit of the doubt here?

[quote user="Gingerpele"]*He doesn''t need to be ''premiership quality'' anyway, thats not what he''s here for. I''m not 100% sure exactly what he''s here for, but Lambert wants him here, Lambert is doing so much better than anyone could have dreamed of, so I think we should maybe give him the benefit of the doubt here?[/quote]

You digress GP. Noone is criticising the player or the decision to have him here. My point was precisely this: I would prefer Wilbo not to be starting on Saturday because IMO he is the weakest of the forwards we have available, and I most certainly include Morison in this current assessment. 

Howson played the whole 90mins. Had some decent touches. Played at the tip of the diamond for most of the game then dropped to the base for the last 20mins or so. Wilbraham played 55-60 or so mins to put him spot on for Saturday. Was good to see most of the first team at some stage watch a few minutes of the game. Tierney was in the gym (conservatory) but didn''t see Vaughan. Lambo watched whole game leaning on a post away from us public behind one of the goals. Was also nice to see the Chief Exec at the game.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]I thought Aaron was being called ''Wheelie Bin'' because Lambert only put him out once a fortnight.[/quote]

Excellent!!

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]I thought Aaron was being called ''Wheelie Bin'' because Lambert only put him out once a fortnight.[/quote]

Excellent!![/quote]I second that!

How come it seems that whenever Wilberforce comes on the opposition score?[:^)]

And Vaughan does just seem to have disappeared.  I hope he has fully recovered from the injury and isn''t feeling twinges or whatever after his run outs for the ressies etc.  It seems a bit strange that he didn''t feture for the reserves at all, even just to up his match fitness?

Finally, for those who have seen him what about Matt Ball?  Is he good enough to get on the bench for the first team, say later on this season when we are definitely safe.  He often seems to get positive reviews from the reports of the reserve games.