Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

MOTD coverage...

Crap as usual. They gave about 10 seconds analysis which was just to say we''re just like Swansea. At least the amount of highlights was half decent for once!

They done a good job of making what was a very one sided contest look like a fairly even match.

I''m not surprised!

The "little ole Norwich" small Country club with a small unpassionate support will stick with us for a longtime I suspect. Indeed I doubt I''ll ever see a time when the rest of the Country will finally wake up to us being a big club with a big fanbase! 

End of the day if we keep on getting the points in the same manner as we have done then the table won''t lie after 38 games and that will be more telling than anything Hansen or Lawrensen says!

[quote user="kick it off"]At least the amount of highlights was half decent for once![/quote]Really?We got less time than the combined time of trailers for Sunday''s games on MOTD2, Ski Sunday, Superbowl, Derby v Forest, Six Nations and "highlights" from last weeks Man U/Man C games. Not to mention that Football In The Community squit. Why don''t they just give us more football & less rubbish.

When ever I watch MOTD I don''t get that impression at all...

And certainly on the streams i''ve watched recently, especially yesterday, the commentators love us, always going on about the wonderful support, the great football.

While they didn''t come up with anything groundbreaking I thought we were praised for winning well in difficult circumstances (having our two recognized centre halves injured). So I don''t think you can be too critical on the coverage.

["Gingerpele"]When ever I watch MOTD I don''t get that impression at all... And certainly on the streams i''ve watched recently, especially yesterday, the commentators love us, always going on about the wonderful support, the great football.

The comentators say all that cause their stereotype of Norwich is of the small club from East Anglia!

Change ''Norwich vs. Bolton'' to ''Charlton vs. Bolton'' 10 years back.

As a fan of neither Charlton or Bolton would you want to watch/listen to more then what was given?

Ideally every fan wants to see 99% of the program dedicated to them and 1% to the rest. We''re currently a mid-table side that nobody really likes or dislikes and this is shown in the current coverage.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

["Gingerpele"]When ever I watch MOTD I don''t get that impression at all... And certainly on the streams i''ve watched recently, especially yesterday, the commentators love us, always going on about the wonderful support, the great football.

The comentators say all that cause their stereotype of Norwich is of the small club from East Anglia!

[/quote]

Well I don''t think thats the case, but we obviously don''t agree on many things now do we :P

It''s title races and relegation battles that get coverage on MotD, so if we stay in mid-table we will be getting less and less highlights time, as the business end of the season approaches.Unless something incredible happens like a 6-6 draw, or 5 red cards, or we beat one of the title contenders, we are pretty much going to be ignored by MotD for the rest of the season. Let''s just take it as a compliment to what PL has achieved over the last two years.[:D]

[quote user="City1st"]Why was Shearer wearing some army surplus pilots shirt ?[/quote]I wondered that too. Epaulettes plus coloured pockets = fashion fail.  Plus I''m sure his head is shrinking.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="City1st"]Why was Shearer wearing some army surplus pilots shirt ?
[/quote]

I wondered that too. Epaulettes plus coloured pockets = fashion fail.  Plus I''m sure his head is shrinking.
[/quote]

Talking of this has anybody seen John Barnes lately?

His jaw is expanding while the top of his head is shrinking.Odd.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="City1st"]Why was Shearer wearing some army surplus pilots shirt ?[/quote]I wondered that too. Epaulettes plus coloured pockets = fashion fail.  Plus I''m sure his head is shrinking.[/quote]In Shearer''s defence, I think it''s difficult to say anything worthwhile when you only have 10 seconds to do it.As for the shirt, I cant really defend that!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

with a small unpassionate support[/quote]

That would be the small unpassionate support that clearly showed absolutely NO empty seats in the highlights from Carrow Rd, then ?

As opposed to the hectares of them at illustrious "big city" venus like The Emirates, The Britannia,  Loftus Rd and even The Etihad.

Normally BBC never talk about us unless we lose, Thursday 1pm lunchtime news splatterd it for anotu 4 minutes, when we win it don''t get a mention on lunch time news, 

"with a small unpassionate support"something I''m obliged to wear in the cold weather

[quote user="pete_norw"]Normally BBC never talk about us unless we lose, Thursday 1pm lunchtime news splatterd it for anotu 4 minutes, when we win it don''t get a mention on lunch time news, [/quote]It''s all to do with their scripted mantra they planned.  And now we''ve ballsed it up for them.We know all season they were planning to spout relegation, struggle, lose etc etc.  As it isn''t exactly like that, they just skip over us basically.

[quote user="pete_norw"]Normally BBC never talk about us unless we lose, , [/quote]

Ah...now I get it. The reason why we get such little coverage is that we so rarely lose.

And, spookily, up till the last week, Ipswich got so MUCH coverage .

[quote user="Power Hamster"]It''s title races and relegation battles that get coverage on MotD,[:D][/quote]So Bolton are not in a relegation battle then?