Sign in to follow this  
Horse Manure

Was it just me.....

Or did we batter Swansea today. We had all the play first half and the only time they dominated possession was when we went 2 up. Okay they put a bit of pressure on at the end but we could have scored 2 or 3 more ourselves near the end. Our football was just as good as theirs and overall we looked a far better team. Hopefully now we will hear less of the ''fabulous'' Swans

I think what that first half stat doesn''t show is the territory where we had posession. Apart from a chance in the first few minutes, and the goal, I don''t think swansea came in our half much, if at all.We were extremely unlucky to end the first half one down.

[quote user="TheJarrold"]

wouldn''t say we battered them 1st half....but possession was 51%49% in thier favour......2nd half though was nearly all us with 65%-35% to us  most of it and we dominated that half!

[/quote]I think the Swansea statistics are misleading every week.  Most of their possession seems to be knocking it around at the back for no obvious reason.  It would be interesting to see the statistics based on possession in the opponents half, where it really matters (today''s first half being the obvious example)

[quote user="dylanisabaddog"][quote user="TheJarrold"]

wouldn''t say we battered them 1st half....but possession was 51%49% in thier favour......2nd half though was nearly all us with 65%-35% to us  most of it and we dominated that half!

[/quote]I think the Swansea statistics are misleading every week.  Most of their possession seems to be knocking it around at the back for no obvious reason.  It would be interesting to see the statistics based on possession in the opponents half, where it really matters (today''s first half being the obvious example)[/quote]Just like Barcelona and Spain''s?

Do you not watch Barcelona then CDMullins?

They pass it around in the opponents half loads, they pass it around the penalty area a fair amount.

Spain, pretty much because they don''t have Messi, do pass it in their first half a bit more than Barca.

Must say I thought we were the better team throughout and but for a silly shirt pull on a player heading away from goal ,we would have won comfortably. When you think of the 2  great saves (well one of them was great) saves Worm had to make then we could have been home and hosed before the last 5 minutes.

Brilliant performance

[quote user="Horse Manure"]Or did we batter Swansea today. [/quote]Not if you''re the BBC interviewer or Brendan Rodgers we didn''t - unbelievablehttp://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16884748

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Do you not watch Barcelona then CDMullins?

They pass it around in the opponents half loads, they pass it around the penalty area a fair amount.

Spain, pretty much because they don''t have Messi, do pass it in their first half a bit more than Barca.[/quote]If you want to get all menstrual about which side of the half way line they do it, then be a child.

The majority of Barca''s play is held between Iniesta, Xavi and the back 4.

It could have been 7-1 today.  Surman missed a sitter, Vorm made some great saves and we had other chances as well.  Yes they had a few good efforts towards the end and made Ruddy produce a brilliant save but had we taken our chances then they wouldn''t have done that because they would have given up at 5-1.

On The Ball City......

The difference is we are a continually evolving team, getting better and better. Each season we improve in the 2nd half, each window we improve on the squad.

Lambert and the back room team take a more pragmatic approach than Swansea, they look at the opposition as much as ourselves, whereas Swansea just play their football no matter what. Swansea deserve credit too, they have been a fantastic addition to the premiership, and there supporters created a great atmosphere there today.

What Lambert has more than most is courage. A large part of the game we matched them up man for man to close them down, that is why they struggled to get their football going. We did that with Whitbead, Ayala & Tierney all missing from the back 4 - courage.

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Gingerpele"]Do you not watch Barcelona then CDMullins?

Spain, pretty much because they don''t have Messi, do pass it in their first half a bit more than Barca.[/quote]If you want to get all menstrual about which side of the half way line they do it, then be a child.

The majority of Barca''s play is held between Iniesta, Xavi and the back 4.[/quote]

What a pathetic response. Why do you think you can talk to someone like that?

Try watching Barcelona, like I do every week.... They are the best side in the world currently, probably ever, even if the majority of the play is between Xavi, Iniesta and the back four, its advanced, they play risky football at the back, inviting the other team onto them, and then counter. They play the ball around perfectly all over the pitch, maybe they do play in their own half more, but thats just because any team playing a passing game does that, when we keep the ball for an extended period of time, we do it in the middle or our own half most of the time (their are obviously exceptions).

Seriously, how about you try responding without making pathetic, incorrect petty accusations.

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Gingerpele"]Do you not watch Barcelona then CDMullins?

The majority of Barca''s play is held between Iniesta, Xavi and the back 4.[/quote]

What a pathetic response. Why do you think you can talk to someone like that?

Try watching Barcelona, like I do every week.... They are the best side in the world currently, probably ever, even if the majority of the play is between Xavi, Iniesta and the back four, its advanced, they play risky football at the back, inviting the other team onto them, and then counter. They play the ball around perfectly all over the pitch, maybe they do play in their own half more, but thats just because any team playing a passing game does that, when we keep the ball for an extended period of time, we do it in the middle or our own half most of the time (their are obviously exceptions).

Seriously, how about you try responding without making pathetic, incorrect petty accusations.[/quote]Like I said.

Seriously, how about leaving the house from time to time?

we were sensational in the second half and vorm kept them in it - we should have coasted the finale 3-4 goals to the good. First half was very even - we controlled the game but created nothing of note while our defence got pulled apart for their opener and only chance...

overall we played teh better football, worked better as a team and prevented them from moving the ball as they wanted. MOTM - clearly pl, again... as for the players - surman was outstanding

Ahh pretending you know me, how very wonderful. How do you know i''m in the house now? The fact that i''m not, probably matters very little to you does it, acting like some kind of superior poster seems to be your job.

Instead of pretending you know more than the rest of us, how about actually arguing your point, and not just coming out with pathetic comments like the two on this thread...

You argued by point for me, you copied half of my post as your own and then agreed with what I said.Very little, infact nothing that you do matters to me.

I didn''t copy any of your post, don''t flatter yourself. You made it sound like Barca don''t attack, if that wasn''t your intent then sorry for misinterpreting it, every passing team plays in their own half, but how I read your post, was that you suggested Barca don''t attack that much.

And if it doesn''t matter to you, why comment on it? Quite frankly I think its pretty pathetic making personal comments about people you don''t know. But what ever your set in your way, obviously not going to change, and i''m the one who often gets accused of being rude... Sometimes wonder why I even bother.

Gingerpele, what you have to do is ignore posters who behave in this manner. Probably someone in Mullins family has upset him today and he''s venting on this forum ( not just on this thread ). Possibly, he''ll recover in a day or two.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I didn''t copy any of your post, don''t flatter yourself. You made it sound like Barca don''t attack, if that wasn''t your intent then sorry for misinterpreting it, every passing team plays in their own half, but how I read your post, was that you suggested Barca don''t attack that much.

And if it doesn''t matter to you, why comment on it? Quite frankly I think its pretty pathetic making personal comments about people you don''t know. But what ever your set in your way, obviously not going to change, and i''m the one who often gets accused of being rude... Sometimes wonder why I even bother.[/quote]Hold on, you picked up on one of my posts,

I said "The majority of Barca''s play is held between Iniesta, Xavi and the back 4."You said  "even if the majority of the play is between Xavi, Iniesta and the back four"

I said Barca and Spain play the ball at the backYou said "maybe they do play in their own half more"

You''re agreeing with what I say, but still feeling the need to chelp.

I know Yankee, i''ve fallen for it again. I am going to try even harder to ignore posts that will lead into silly arguments, I get into far too many of them on here, and i''m not even posting as much as I used to....

Lets move on and get back on topic.

Swansea weren''t at the races today, they had moments, but it could have very easily been a 4/5-1 win for us, but we almost let them sneak a draw. But we beat the Swans, at their ground, something only Man.U have been able to do this season (and not many, if any did last season). Great result, some great football, another big moral booster for the players.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I know Yankee, i''ve fallen for it again. I am going to try even harder to ignore posts that will lead into silly arguments, I get into far too many of them on here, and i''m not even posting as much as I used to....

Lets move on and get back on topic.

Swansea weren''t at the races today, they had moments, but it could have very easily been a 4/5-1 win for us, but we almost let them sneak a draw. But we beat the Swans, at their ground, something only Man.U have been able to do this season (and not many, if any did last season). Great result, some great football, another big moral booster for the players.[/quote]Now I''ve ''argued my point'' and proved you wrong?

Oh my goodness, you said ''copied half my post''. YEs because I was bloody replying to it, didn''t use it as my own points.

You watching Barca right now? Hows that play between the back four, Xavi and Iniesta going....

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Oh my goodness, you said ''copied half my post''. YEs because I was bloody replying to it, didn''t use it as my own points.

You watching Barca right now? Hows that play between the back four, Xavi and Iniesta going....[/quote]Hows that ''being the best team in the world, if not ever going''?

Yes, sorry Mr.Hoolahan is crap, I know everything about football, everyone else on here is an amateur.

Seriously, get over your self.You haven''t argued anything, you can''t take an apology, I said sorry if i misinterpreted your post, you just ignored that and went off on another one. You haven''t proven me wrong, there is nothing to be proven wrong, ITS OPINION not fact, but because your a know it all, that probably doesn''t enter your thoughts does it.

Anyway, already gone back from what I said I was going to do, so i''m putting my phone away, and fully focus on Barca, i''m sure we''ll have another friendly chat another day, when you can pass on some more of your superior wisdom.

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Gingerpele"]Oh my goodness, you said ''copied half my post''. YEs because I was bloody replying to it, didn''t use it as my own points.

You watching Barca right now? Hows that play between the back four, Xavi and Iniesta going....[/quote]Hows that ''being the best team in the world, if not ever going''?[/quote]

Suggest you look back at the records for the past 3/4 seasons.... Goodbye.