Sign in to follow this  
Karl Pilkington

2 more points than 2005

I don''t think we''ll need 40 points, but I''m sure we''ll get more than that!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]I think we can get closer to 50 points than 40 points but I''ll not relax till its mathematically impossible to go down![/quote]

I''m sure Lambert won''t relax - well, not even when we''re mathematically safe he''ll still want to go higher !

Personally I''m enjoying the season more with every game.  Bring on Man U after the little matter of the 5th round !

Absolutely- we will be looking over our shoulders all the way until we are mathematically safe, that is just human nature, even though we are far closer to the european places!

Put simply, we are now 14 clear of that group on 21 pts: for us to go down we would need to lose 5 games more than three of the bottom five, which does seem unlikely. It is hard to see outside that group for the sides that will go, but I suppose there is always one surprise, let''s not allow it to be us...

Quite so, perhaps they will be drawn into it, though I hadn''t quite realised until just now that if WBA win today there is a 7 point gap between the bottom five and the rest.

One thing that is interesting is how QPR haven''t really turned it round under Hughes, yet..two defeats on the spin vs sides beneath them is not what they wanted,.all that ££ and signings may take time to gel (if it ever does).

...and QPR supporters think the club could be in freefall; it will be just like season - 5 clubs battling it out on the final day - and we will be still looking down from the top half!

We are all but theorhetically safe but still good to see a cushion building up..

And a west brom win today will be perfect - 5 teams a minimum of 7 points adrift  is perfect pressure on those teams, meaning we can simply enjoy the final third of the season irrespective of who we play.   

OTBC

If we add one more point to the team that finished 17th for each season since the perm went to 20 clubs survival totals would have been

Average this out the survival total is 37 but it has been as high as 44. I think 40 is a realistic target.