Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Messiah

Huddersfield sack Lee Clarke

Yep, very strange that one, more to come out, me thinks.

Message to the Huddersfield fans - of course it wasn''t Clark who sold Pilkington or the right back was it, it was the Board?

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]

Even the signing of Rhodes, who some saw as being expensive for a relatively unproven youngster was proved excellent, [/quote]

Any idea what Huddersfield were rumoured to have paid for Rhodes?

Ta.

[/quote]I believe it was meant to be around to £750 - £1mil mark, transfer market have it listed as £880k:http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/huddersfield-town/transfers/verein_1110_2009.html

Totally surprised, no question he will become another great young English manager. He can certainly move from Huddersfield with his head held high and can move up the leagues.

Always felt that when Roeder was here that I hoped he would leave and have groomed Clarke as manager.

Don''t know what happened but he will move on to better things, with his coaching staff and I would say I would be very surprised to see Huddersfield get promoted now this year.

I have to say completely shocked by this and any Huddersfield fans who agree with this action should be ashamed of themselves. Yes it is annoying that they have been knocking on the door for promotion for last three years and seem to be once again tripping up at the wrong time but this decision should be at the end of the season not now as with Grayson at Leeds.You can not help but think the Chairman has someone ready to take over, maybe good old Colin ready to add another promotion medal to his collection! Would be the end of any Rhodes transfer negotiations with us would rather sell him to QPR after how we ruined his career especially Mr Holt!

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]In the last 3 seasons, they''ve been at most 6 points off auto promotion, they''re 4 off at the minute, and were 5 off last season.

So in each case, just 2 wins instead of losses would have got them promoted.

In leagues like league one where there tend to be less ''standout'' teams, this sort of consistency shows good management and a certain degree of bad luck, as we all know that there can easily be 2-3 games a season you feel have been lost due to the ref or similar and maybe his luck hasn''t fallen right.

Even the signing of Rhodes, who some saw as being expensive for a relatively unproven youngster was proved excellent, as was signing Pilks from Stockport for very little money. Clark has proven he has an eye for young talent, but also the man management skills across the board.

Don''t want to sound like his biggest fan, but I hate to see a quality young manager being dealt with like this, when the same old shower keep getting jobs they''ve often proven to be either totally inept at, or simply there for a fat paycheck. Who''s next to replace Clark - Eriksson? Souness? Roeder???

Total joke, and shows that Hoyle is better suited to organising birthday cards instead of contracts...
[/quote]

I suspect you''ve hit on the reason - 16 points from his last 11 games isn''t automatic promotion form and although they were unbeaten in 43 games they did draw an awful lot of them. Their chairman has spent millions and that''s the problem when you get a non-football rich man in charge - they are only interested in delivery of the plan and if the plan says automatic promotion and after 3 years they haven''t got it, then the manager goes.

It''s a very sad way to run a football club, but its what you get when a dork takes charge who has no concept of what the word "club" actually means.

Ridiculous decision. Totally expect Lee to go on to bigger and better things than where Huddersfield are now headed.

I need to adopt a new League 1 team.

[quote user="Ncfc123"]

Can''t blame Huddersfield for sacking old Norwich coach Lee Clarke. Three defeats from 30 league games? Deserves all he gets! Mourinho to replace him? I''d imagine that Huddersfield and Clarke had an arguement over him going to Leeds or Wolves.

[/quote]

The harsh realities of football show that you can make stats like this read anyway you want. The reallity is that despite scoring 57 goals ( nearly 2 per game ) they have only managed 14 wins. Their last 15 games has seen them win only 5 times. This included a good hammering in the cup by lower league Swindon.

Huddersfield have ambition and have spent lots more than most championship clubs. If you are given the sort of cash they have in that division success is the only form of repayment anything else is failure.

After saying that taking on his new assistant Tuesday night probably did not help lol  http://www.htafc.com/page/Juniors/0,,10312~2610552,00.html 

I hope thats not to controversial for a first post but it looked to me like Huddersfield were on the slide to an unacceptable play off place.

I dont see why he would have been sacked for wanting to talk to other clubs or them expressing an interest in him.

By sacking him they have to both pay him compensation for his outstanding contract and lose out on any compensatrion from another club if it happens.

It stinks of  madness,  or some underlying problem. 

at least lambert won''t be linked to this vacancy, but totally unexpected sacking. had thought of him as a replacement for PL in the fulness of time. just shows the madness of football management, must be one of the most insecure professions in the workplace.

[quote user="sgncfc"]

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]In the last 3 seasons, they''ve been at most 6 points off auto promotion, they''re 4 off at the minute, and were 5 off last season.So in each case, just 2 wins instead of losses would have got them promoted.In leagues like league one where there tend to be less ''standout'' teams, this sort of consistency shows good management and a certain degree of bad luck, as we all know that there can easily be 2-3 games a season you feel have been lost due to the ref or similar and maybe his luck hasn''t fallen right.Even the signing of Rhodes, who some saw as being expensive for a relatively unproven youngster was proved excellent, as was signing Pilks from Stockport for very little money. Clark has proven he has an eye for young talent, but also the man management skills across the board.Don''t want to sound like his biggest fan, but I hate to see a quality young manager being dealt with like this, when the same old shower keep getting jobs they''ve often proven to be either totally inept at, or simply there for a fat paycheck. Who''s next to replace Clark - Eriksson? Souness? Roeder???Total joke, and shows that Hoyle is better suited to organising birthday cards instead of contracts...[/quote]

I suspect you''ve hit on the reason - 16 points from his last 11 games isn''t automatic promotion form and although they were unbeaten in 43 games they did draw an awful lot of them. Their chairman has spent millions and that''s the problem when you get a non-football rich man in charge - they are only interested in delivery of the plan and if the plan says automatic promotion and after 3 years they haven''t got it, then the manager goes.

It''s a very sad way to run a football club, but its what you get when a dork takes charge who has no concept of what the word "club" actually means.

[/quote]The sacking may have something to do with the new financial rules coming in for Football League clubs next season, whereby they have to live within their means - thus,in theory, stopping millionaire backers bankrolling their teams(yeah I don''t believe it either).Therefore these richer clubs are desperate to gain promotion now before their advantage is wiped out.Clarke had three attempts to go up and failed so would imagine the promotion experts, Colin & Bentnose, are now being persued with some haste.