Sign in to follow this  
SWP = Poor Mans Ruel Fox!!

"Top Ten Lower League Targets"

No names on that list that come as any great surprise, SWP. And I would not be shocked if any one of them was not wearing a yellow shirt come the end of Jan . Don''t know how  well off Hudds are money-wise, but I''d assume that with them seemingly heading for the Champ, it would take a big offer for them to part with Rhodes.

On the same site, the "top Prem Lge loan deals" list also makes interesting reading, doesn''t it ? Certainly would like to see Mc Eachran in yellow, though I''m not sure with Chelsea still in the CL, they''d let him out, tbh.

llalana is probably one i would be interested in city signing. wouldn''t break the bank like snodgrass, and seems to have plenty of assists which we need.

Disagree in one respect, SM. Think Lalana would be a superb signing for us, however, would cost a large amount. Southampton are in no need to sell players so if we were to enquire, especially considering their lofty position, a lot of money would be required to prise him away.

Lallana must surely cost similar to Snodgrass? Can''t see why there would be much difference in price. Would love to see either of them sign.

Not too keen on Rhodes myself, he has been doing brilliantly at Hudds, but would cost a fair bit and seems to similar to Holt and Morison, plus there will surely be competition from possibly more attractive/richer clubs, meaning he would either really want to come here, or we would have to spend even more.

Nice to see Holt mentioned in the Ricky Lambert section :P I''m sure Lambert would made a decent impact, maybe similar to Holt at the right team. Looks like a real handful, don''t remember if he played against us in League One, I seem to remember there other striker scoring against us in the home game. But i''ve seen him a few times on the FLS, and my Soton supporting friend really rates him. But like Rhodes, maybe even more so considering his age is he really going to be worth the money considering his play style and how well Holt and Morison are playing?

Snodgrass apparantly is out of contract at the end of the season. Lallana would be an awsome signing, but he is a Saints fan, been there for years, top of the Championship and assisting/scoring regularly. I''m not sure Saints would let him speak to us, and if he would be interested anyway

[quote user="Eric Pickles Pie Supplier"]

No names on that list that come as any great surprise, SWP. And I would not be shocked if any one of them was not wearing a yellow shirt come the end of Jan . Don''t know how  well off Hudds are money-wise, but I''d assume that with them seemingly heading for the Champ, it would take a big offer for them to part with Rhodes.

On the same site, the "top Prem Lge loan deals" list also makes interesting reading, doesn''t it ? Certainly would like to see Mc Eachran in yellow, though I''m not sure with Chelsea still in the CL, they''d let him out, tbh.

[/quote]

Well apparently McEachran will be going on loan in January, but there will be a long queue of clubs wanting to have him, and we are already at our limit of loan players, unless we cancel a loan or turn one permanent?

Yeah I suppose mostly the list is quite easy to predict, although I would not have expected the Barnsley or Charlton players, not really heard of them I must admit.

8 million for Snodgrass , no way...! I can''t see Lambert splashing out in January... Wittingham would be a good signing imo.

[quote user="HoltsDerbyDayHattrick"]

Whittingham and also Snodgrass in my eyes are realisitc targets, although for that 8million is way too much for Snodgrass.

[/quote]

Snodgrass a possibility in the summer  if Leeds dont get promoted this season as he will only have 12 months left on his contract by then.

Cant see Huddersfield selling Rhodes before the summer given that they are in a promotion race and the Championship is worth millions for them.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="Rupethebear"]If Paul Lambert is looking for a young English defender then he won''t be looking any futher than James Chester from Hull City.[/quote]

23 in Jan 2012.

Interesting suggestion Rupethebear.

[/quote]He''s good in Football Manager ;)

[quote user="Rupethebear"]If Paul Lambert is looking for a young English defender then he won''t be looking any futher than James Chester from Hull City.
[/quote]

He''s only 5''10" - that''s not a good height for a CB in the Premier League. (Maybe he could play with Barcelona though!)...

Pretty sure Craig Fleming isn''t very tall and be was immense! People like Cannavaro, Puyol and Mascherano aren''t tall, but bloody good at the back!

[quote user="Largey24"]Pretty sure Craig Fleming isn''t very tall and be was immense![/quote]

About as tall as Simon Charlton and he certainly was not immense.

Huddersfield have released a statement saying that Rhodes isn''t for sale at any price in January.  Lee Clark stated that Rhodes will be at Huddersfield for the rest of the season at least.