Sign in to follow this  
Lurd

Heard a little rumour that Snodgrass will be a city player by January

I don''t know if your rumour is made up or not, I would put money on yes, but I have to admit it''s a good one to make up, as i think it is very likely to happen in Jan.Following Lambo''s comments about not needing another CB, i think a striker and AM will be looked out.Snodgrass can come in and offer wes a direct compeition for his position, something we do not have in the team at the moment, while he can also play the wide positions (somewhere where i think we are lacking any prem competition to Bennet and Pilkington).I rate Wessi, but he doesn''t play to the same standards week in week out, i find him one of our most inconsistent players, not in his effort but the results he actually gets from his attempted trickery, dribbiling or passing. the only downside to Snodgrass is that i don''t think he has much pace, preety similar to Wes in that respect.For a striker, how about johnson? If he stays fit, he will get goals. i don''t particularly like the guy and I have a feeling he will be signing for big spending QPR in Jan

In response to Jackson''s TwelthDon''t know if i can agree with your statement, don''t think you would either if you had seem much of his this season. he has played 16, scored 2, and 8 assists (top of the champ assist table)

Good if it''s true. A class player that Lambert admires.

We did not pay Leeds inflated price in the Summer though- Will we now, or is he out of contract soon?

Good player. If he is underperforming it''s not a problem. That means the ability is still there and nobody underperforms at Norwich [:)]

Would prefer Templeton from Hearts to be honest - especially if the reports are true they need to get the biggest earners off their books.

I hope its true Larry...playing a system with 2 wingers but only really having 2 wingers (Pilks/Bennett)at the club will limit us if we get injuries...there are other players who can play wide (surman/LappsKorey/etc) but cant wip them in like the current 2 and snodders.

No question snodgrass is a good player, may be under-performing but again maybe wanting to move on.

I think Lambert not wanting a centre back is a surprise, but one that we now move from. Midfield and possibly centre forward if the right player wants to come. But I would happily have snodgrass. Pick up the best championship players, it is how our teams were built in the 80''s.

Honestly when that window opens it will be exciting, but I am surprised that centre halves are covered for this season. If that is the case then fair enough.

Hes a very good player in a fairly average Leeds team.... the Lambert and culverhouse effect could turn him into a fantastic player! id be very happy at the idea of him joining and i fancy us to get him for less than what he may have been worth in the summer as a result of his slow start to the season, furthermore with Leeds hardly taking the championship by storm surely there is the possibility we could turn his head and a cheeky transfer request gets put in!

Agree with you birchfest that Lambert/Culverhouse are the type of coaches to bring the best out of Snodgrass. Bradley Johnson rarely set the world alight at Leeds and now he''s being linked with England call ups, Snodgrass is undoubtedly out of form this season however we all know his ability still exists under the surface.

I''ve always thought Snodgrass will come here; currently his ''stock'' is down, his ex-team mate mate Bradley Johnson is flourishing to the point of an England call-up - and Snodgrass knows full well Paul Lambert rates them both highly. His level of frustration (at missing out on a move last time) and desire to kick-on with his career puts this one into the ''highly likely to happen'' category in my opinion.

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="Chelmsford Canary"]I''ve heard a rumour Matt Mills is going to sign![/quote]

Source?

[/quote]

Just to prove anyone can make something up, put it on here.

PL has said no more CB''s!!