Sign in to follow this  
Derek Sims

Sky Sports: Sorensen for Green

No way...why would we accept just £1.5m and a ''keeper when we have two international goalkeepers already at the club? If they could pay £6m for Beattie, they can certainly pay £4m+ for Robert Green.

Yep heard it too. O''leary: '''' We will place a bid and Sorensen has told me he wants a move and we feel robert green is a great replacement. The lad is the type of keeper we want and i think a move to here (aston villa) would improve himself and his career '''' .. Well i guess this is the bullet so to say, Sorensen and £1.5m isnt bad though

If we were even to contemplate this, I''d be livid! Greeno''s worth much more than that and we''ve already got 2 international goalies anyway.

Board should tell Villa to come back with an offer of at least 4 million.  O''Leary must have been on the hard stuff or has still got a New Year hangover.  If Green has to go then let it be a big club not Villa, who think they are a big club.

What a load of rubbish. Why on Earth would we want to do that when we''ve got two International keepers on the bench?! £1.5 m is horribly under-valued too.

terrible news...

...we do not need a keeper. Sorenson is good but has many miles on the clock...not one for the future- we would be as well to give the shirt to Ward, who is a promising youngster in keeper terms.

We need a striker and this deal will provide for no-one better than we have...

...we were told that Green would go in order to be helpful to the clubs future. NOT ON THIS DEAL!

This way everyone wins (Green, Villa, Sorenson) except for Norwich.

A sriker + cash- perhaps, even a proven defender or midfielder, but a keeper is hopeless. Know I can see why Worthy stated that Green going would be the death of us..he was trying to avoid this bum deal.

After results today I feel down. We deserved to get something

That rates Sorry-son in the 3.5m bracketI don''t. We don''t need another keeper even if Greeno does leave as we have 2 international keeper and a very capable young un.
If we accept this offer where do we benefit? why would Greeno want to go to Villa he will do better by staying and waiting for a "big" Club.

[quote]Its said by David Leary as an offer he will make, Sorensen and £1.5m OFFICIAL... looks like he is going[/quote]

Is this a ****ing joke?.  

Green for Vassell and Sorensen and £1m otherwise O Leary can forget it. Obviously been drinking too much of the Phil Mulryne juice over new year.

Sorenson is a very good keeper (much better than the other keeprs at this club), well worth £2.5-£3m which puts the offer for green at just over £4m which I think is a realistic valuation. However he is not the player we need here right now. We have a good keeper and unless the offer from villa ludicrously over-values him - say Sorenson + £3+ - then we should politely decline. If it was £1.5m and Angel, or even Mellberg, then perhaps we are getting near the mark. This club needs a striker and a central defender; not to sell the family jewels without filling those gaps would be suicidal.OTBC