Sign in to follow this  
Butterbean_Canary

January Transfers.....

Ryan you hit the nail on the head, we don''t really want anyone leaving. Although I cannot recall but is Oli J still on our books? That move would be fine.

We do need players in, I can see three being tops, anymore and its quite a lot integrate in, 2 would be good but with 3 we will then have some essential positions filled because at some point the odd injury could hurt us. I agree that Vaughan will be like a new signing, so even 2 would be good, certainly as we are only allowed a 23 man squad, but maybe C. Martin may be one that we can afford to let go if a deal arose. But like I said I would rather nobody left but with a prem squad size it is hard to say to someone you are out unless we put them on loan, Korey, C. Martin

I''d be quite happy to see Aaron Wilbraham go - the Premiership is not the place for him (nor was the Championship!) - very poor scoring record. Mind you, his first touch is probably slightly better than Steve Morison''s!

[quote user="smooth"]

Ryan you hit the nail on the head, we don''t really want anyone leaving. Although I cannot recall but is Oli J still on our books? That move would be fine.

We do need players in, I can see three being tops, anymore and its quite a lot integrate in, 2 would be good but with 3 we will then have some essential positions filled because at some point the odd injury could hurt us. I agree that Vaughan will be like a new signing, so even 2 would be good, certainly as we are only allowed a 23 man squad, but maybe C. Martin may be one that we can afford to let go if a deal arose. But like I said I would rather nobody left but with a prem squad size it is hard to say to someone you are out unless we put them on loan, Korey, C. Martin

[/quote]

(25) man squad, we can''t have any more loan 2 are max from teams of same league, I would guess PL has his sights set on afew thet he wants, Rumour has it that he wants to buy the loan players we have already but you know what rumours are, 9 times out of 10 crap

[quote user="whoareyou"]2 in and 2 out i reckon.I''d like to see us try very hard for Peter Whittingham.

[/quote]Me too.  They were talking about him on Talksport 2-3 weeks back.  Basically it was agreed he was a class act and could easily be a prem player.

Dickson Etuhu is apprently on the transfer list... would be a quality addition if we could afford him/wages

[quote user="Cappsy"]Dickson Etuhu is apprently on the transfer list... would be a quality addition if we could afford him/wages[/quote]Is he really, had an awesome game the other day, against Liverpool i think. I have always rated Etuhu, onw of my favourite city players, although his performances did drop when his head had been turned about leaving us.I expect he is on some high wages, been in the prem for a while now.

[quote user="BW"]ben no details did you not hear the man!!!![/quote]I make my own rules while being handsome....

what are the thoughts on raiding some of the championship clubs in financial sticky mud?

I am very aware that the jan. window inflates prices of those within the english game and certainly from movers in the championship. But do any of the teams with financial problems have players that may be worth looking at. Maynard has been suggested but the money still would seem quite high, what about Kitson from Pompey? Def sure we would be paying a fee that would be reasonable, a player that I believe was 5-8 million when he joined stoke only a few seasons ago. Don''t know how he is playing this year, but worth a pop at a £1.5million?

Just a player that came to mind that may fit the hunger part of Lamberts plans and that the cost may not be over-inflated.