Sign in to follow this  
YellowBlood

Pardew

he went down in my opinion when he tried to defend Joey Barton after his red card at vs Arsenal this season.. almost to the point of saying he was justified in attacking Gervinho!

[quote user="CityLegends04"]Is it just me or does anyone else despise the bloke? Big headed cockney tw@t who talks absolute drivel non stop.[/quote]I''ll second that!

His latest interview about injuries is certainly worth a read/laugh. I could understand him saying Mike Dean''s lack of red card for David Luiz may have changed the course of the game and gave Chelsea a huge mental boost, however he went on to say the lack of red card resulted in two of his players getting injuries because they had to "put more effort in".

I think he is quite similar to Lambert, at least in this season. Taken a group of talented, yet not household names, bonded them together, kept them happy, and they are exceeding expectations. Yes, their players are more highly rated than ours but they''ve done very well so far.

Don''t think he would ever make my top ten list of people I don''t like. Whatever he has done elsewhere, the guy deserves enormous credit for what he has achieved at Newcastle, he took the job on with no one giving him a chance really and has progressed it from what Hughton left. Newcastle is not an easy job, ask Shearer.

I''m not taking anything away from him as a football manager, he''s obviously done a great job at Newcastle and was unfairly treated at Southampton and West Ham. It''s just his arrogant attitude whenever I see him do an interview and the cr@p that comes out of his mouth, such as back in our Division 1 title campaign some unjust words about how we were in a false positon when we were top of the league and how his mighty West Ham side had far more quality.

Pardew has made some tremendous signings this season.  Demba Ba must be one of the best value for money signings this summer.  I still do not like Pardew though.  I think like Roeder he is perhaps one of them managers who perhaps has a prolonged honeymoon period where he does well initially at each of his clubs before results gradually take a turn for the worse.  Hope that turn in results starts for Newcastle today.

I didnt like him when he was at West Ham, I remember him claiming in the season that we went up as Champions that the Hammers were the best side in the league. But credit to him, he knew he was unwanted and came into a club that was donkey punching the self distruct button, manged to keep them up and progress this season with some excellent signings (while also getting rid of liabilites and dead wood!)

I can''t take to someone who moans when they have to change their defence for the very first time this season. He wants to try what PL has had to do, conjuring up a defensive line when you have 3 men out for months on end. I wonder what we''d have been able to do with a full squad of fit players, as we''ve done pretty well with what we''ve got!