Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Canary

Canaries in team GB

They''re mostly too old and Giggs and Beckham will take the 2 over age slots. Perhaps Ruddy has a shout for a keeper slot? How old can you be?

It''s under 23''s with two of any age above that. So I assume you''re right in saying Beckham would probably take one slot, but there''s nothing wrong with having Rooney upfront?

Theres 3 slots, 15 of the 18 have to be under 23 so Rooney could have the 3rd one

Would the likes of Joe Hart play for both England and in the Olympics?

I don''t think the premiership clubs are too keen on letting their player play the Euros and then the Olympics, and the Olympics over runs at the beginning of the season doesn''t it?

So Rooney, Hart then even players like Rodwell and Sturridge if they go to Euro 2012, their clubs aren''t going to let them play in the Olympics as well. (Unless they have no choice...)

I was going to suggest Rudd, but he''s 4th choice under 21 keeper at the moment, so unlikely to make the cut.

I''d prefer the players involved in the Euro''s weren''t playing in the Olympic side - apart from those coming back from injury and finding fitness.

In relation to NCFC, Delan Rudd''s the only one i can see having any chance. Bennet is born in December so misses out .

Actually, I was wrong about Rooney, how could we forget Cody McDonald?!

Stand corrected after reading GP''s post - and I would agree. Olympic football doesn''t finish until earl August, so if we buy anyone who fits the u-23 requirement I''d prefer them to stay with NCFC in pre-season and train with the team.

I think they''ll wait and see if he comes through the euros fit enough, he might play a cameo role at the olympics to start with. Other than that, I can see England under 21-s along with Ramsey, Bale, Johnny Evans (young enough?) Barry Bannan, James Forrest, Marc Wilson etc

Outside bet maybe Adeyemi if he keeps up his current form, and/or comes back after Christmas and gets some games in for us to get himself noticed. I''m thinking he can''t be too far off getting an England U21 call now, especially given Rodwell and probably Henderson will likely be in the senior team from now on...

Or only uncapped players, who would then have to forgo rights to earn a full cap for their nations.

Wonder if we could tempt Wes and Holt along with that?

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Or only uncapped players, who would then have to forgo rights to earn a full cap for their nations.

Wonder if we could tempt Wes and Holt along with that?[/quote]

Love that idea!

adeyemi...bloody pissing myself how deluded you guys are. They will all be prem players/under21 team. Morons

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Wouldnt it be great if the Olympic football teams were only alowed non professional players?? Then we''d see drive passion and commitment our current national team cleary lacks.[/quote]

...and really poor quality football! [:P]

whats going to be said if the Olympic GB team, without the big premiership stars, win the gold medal when England return home with their overpaid whingers potless yet again....I''d take that GB team to the world cup and leave the likes of Rooney and Terry at home....shame that if GB do win it wouldnt happen.